IIM Indore EPGP 2009-10 - Admission Process and Beyond

*The Official Thread of IIM Indore’s EPGP’s First Batch - 2009-10 * (One year Full Time Executive Post Graduate Programme in management) * This course is the IIM Indore equivalent of IIM A’s PGPX, IIM C’s PGPEX, IIM B’s EPGP, IIM L’s…

The Official Thread of
IIM Indore's EPGP's First Batch - 2009-10

(One year Full Time Executive Post Graduate Programme in management)

This course is the IIM Indore equivalent of IIM A's PGPX, IIM C's PGPEX, IIM B's EPGP, IIM L's IPMX & ISB's 1 year programme.

This thread continues from the thread of the now discontinued
EX-PGP - an 18 month part time MBA.

The last portions of the EX-PGP thread are relevant for applicants as the participants of EPGP 2009-10 began their journey on that thread and a lot of information was shared there. To refer to the Ex-pgp thread please visit

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/27606-iim-indore-expgp-interview-beyond-92.html#post1606722

But please continue at the official thread here for any discussion on EPGP as this is a new programme and has its own unique identity.

Regards,

EPGP -Batch of 2010

As of now, have all waitlisted candidates been offered a place in this program?

sesha_123 Says
As of now, have all waitlisted candidates been offered a place in this program?

No idea Shesha. I think you have gotten in right?
This info would only be available with the EPGP office.

hello
i got a letter from iim indore
subject was " certificate prograame in managemnet "
i hv completed my B.PHARM from DIPSAR delhi university...currently pursuing M.PHARM from DIPSAR delhi university..
cud u guys help me in knowing wats this course is al about ? and how would it help me ?
should i take this programme ? as letter said the certificate wil be awarded fromm iim indore..
i am new to this site so posted here only...
please guide
thanks

hello
i got a letter from iim indore
subject was " certificate prograame in managemnet "
i hv completed my B.PHARM from DIPSAR delhi university...currently pursuing M.PHARM from DIPSAR delhi university..
cud u guys help me in knowing wats this course is al about ? and how would it help me ?
should i take this programme ? as letter said the certificate wil be awarded fromm iim indore..
i am new to this site so posted here only...
please guide
thanks

Hi wiitytweety,

Unfortunately I am not in a position to guide you on the CPM programme. It would be best to get in touch with IIM Indore directly for more info on this. This thread is solely for EPGP.

A link that however might be helpful-

Indian Institute of Management Indore - cpm

Rgds.

ya did go through that link..howevr it didnt helpd much...as the programme is very new..so i wanted othr ppl to guide me properly....

A doubt though - does IIMI require any letter of reco, or essay for application. I dont see anything of this sort mentioned in the website.

Dear Puys,

Can anyone provide me the link for application form/important dates for 2010-11.
Tried finding the same from the site but seems like it is not updated for session 2010-11 .

Thanks in advance!!!

The sailor

in last year application we did not submit any reco.
Essays asked last year were
1. .
If work experience and academic/professional qualifications do not account for the entire period from the time
you completed the 10th standard till date, please specify the time gaps, with full explanation.
Indicate your extracurricular interests.
Please give details about your accomplishments, awards received and position held (a) in sports, games, and
hobbies, (b) in associations and voluntary organizations. (Please be prepared to produce certificates when asked
for)
Please outline briefly how you perceive the Executive PG Programme helping you in achieving your future career
plans/ prospects.
Identify a significant incident or situation from your own life. Briefly explain its nature, its importance to you and
the manner in which you handled it (use an additional sheet, if required).

waiwai Says
A doubt though - does IIMI require any letter of reco, or essay for application. I dont see anything of this sort mentioned in the website.
http://www.iimidr.ac.in/iimi/pages/posts/inauguration-of-one-year-epgp120.php
The first batch of 1 yr Full Time EPGP in IIM Indore
Inauguration of One-Year EPGP

Indore, September 1, 2009: The one-year full time Executive Post Graduate Programme (EPGP) in Management was inaugurated with an auspicious note today, amidst the sylvan surroundings of Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI). Customized for the mid career executives, the EPGP is deemed to play an important role in the overall strategic perspective of IIM Indore including enhancing the options made available to management aspirants.
With the gradual commoditization of management education in general, the EPGP at IIMI offers some refreshing exceptions. Elaborating the same, in his inaugural address, Professor N Ravichandran, Director IIMI, while welcoming the pioneering batch of 2009-10 said, Through the EPGP, we dont aim to just provide our students a ladder to high earning and prestigious jobs. Instead we aim to inculcate and create future leaders who will successfully guide companies to a greater future and contribute significantly to the society.
Consistent with the institutional objectives, the inaugural day provided the aspirants with a unique opportunity to experience different perspectives on management. This, in a sense, complemented the diverse pool of talents that the institute is able to attract for the programme. To provide an essence, the batch has executives with 13 years of experience in multi national corporations, international award winning director in creative advertising, a nuclear scientist from BARC, a doctor in military service and so forth. The participants came from diverse organizational background like Microsoft, Adobe, Arcelor-Mittal, Infosys, Accenture, Mudra Communication, Indian Oil Corporation, Siemens, Walmart, Toys R Us and even entrepreneurial aspirants.
To this set of aspirants, the institute presented the social entrepreneurial perspective of management through Dr. Bhushan Punani, Executive Director of Blind Mens Association, Ahmedabad, followed by the corporate business perspective as presented by Mr. A Vaideesh, Managing Director, Johnson and Johnson India Limited. The third speaker was Mr. M. N. Buch (IAS Retd.), Chairman, National Centre for Human Settlements & Environment, who presented the nuances of management from an administrators perspective. The fourth and a unique perspective was presented by Swami Sarvapriyanandaji, of Ramskrishna Mission, Belur Math, a monk and an MBA all rolled in one. Swamiji presented the spiritual perspective, the various dimensions of structured thinking which is an essential part of deductive managerial logic.
Commenting on the design of the programme, the EPGP Coordinator (Chair) Professor Shubhabrata Basu stressed on the need to prepare the participants for an increasingly turbulent environment, where the future manager has to make critical decisions from inadequate, excessive or asymmetric information. And therefore another important focus of the course is the prepare the students to take initiatives and build collaborative networks that are capable of generating multiple options for sustainability.
Professor N. Ravichandran delivered the grand finale by urging the participants to endeavour in the institution building process, to nurture inferential clarity and to complement the efforts of IIMI in preferring quality to quantity. The Director concluded the welcome address by wishing the participants an eventful, enriching, enjoying and endearing experience, at IIM Indore, in the days to come.
Dear Puys,

Can anyone provide me the link for application form/important dates for 2010-11.
Tried finding the same from the site but seems like it is not updated for session 2010-11 .

Thanks in advance!!!

The sailor

Hi Popeye,

Sorry for not replying earlier, we are in the midst of the first term - rocking fast pace of things 😃 The details of the 2010-11 intake have been updated on the website. Below is the link.

Indian Institute of Management Indore - EPGP
waiwai Says

Nopes. No biased recos were required 😃
We dont expect a change this year on this parameter.

The course is likely to start by August 2010

Hi Can someone answer my questions

I have a GMAT score of 710 and a Telecom profile of 6yrs workex. I have no international work ex though..

1) is this score competitive for EPGP IIM Indore
2) Can my rejection in IIM A PGPX have a effect on other IIM 1 yr programs selection(Including EGPG IIM Indore)
3) I heard that EPGP IIM Indore also accepts exceptional CAT scores and 1 guy managed to get admit in current batch with around 99 percentile. Is there any quota for CAT, will it be advisable to give CAT to better my chances.

Thanks
AA

1) Your score is competitive enough for ISB , IIMB EPGP, IIMI EPGP, XLRI GMP as well as IIML IMPX (cosidering the top league 1 yr MBA programs in India . IIMA PGPX and IIMC PGPEX may be more demanding

2) 1 yr MBA at IIM's is independent of each other (IIMA PGPX, IIMC PGPEX, IIMB EPGP, IIMI EPGP, IIML IMPX )

3) 710 in GMAT is good enough provided you dont goof up in interview .. Very few people with exceptional profiles have got through CAT , rest everyone is through GMAT
Giving CAT is your wish if you also want to try out the 2 yr MBA as well..

Hi,

Can you guys share the GMAT scores of your class. Info like:

1. Average score of the class..

2. Minimum Score.

3. Highest Score.

Also similar information for the students with CAT scores..

This will give a good idea to the prospective students for 2010..

Thanks

Rahul

Hi,

My gmat score is rather low of 610 but i have 5 yrs of good work ex as Business Analyst in Hewlett Packard (with any awards etc), pretty good co curriculars
Do i stand any chance at IIM-I EPGP?

Thanks

Jai_ho Says
The course is likely to start by August 2010

Hi,

The average GMAT score of the class is 694.

Expect this to go up next year. Compared to this, your score of 610 is way low. Please re write GMAT and aim for a minimum score of 680-690 for any chanceof call to top league institutes in India including IIM I. With 610 , your chances are very very low.

Hope this helps.

HSR.

Hi,

Can you guys share the GMAT scores of your class. Info like:

1. Average score of the class..

2. Minimum Score.

3. Highest Score.

Also similar information for the students with CAT scores..

This will give a good idea to the prospective students for 2010..

Thanks

Rahul

Please check the following:

Indian Institute of Management Indore - epgp09batchprofile