IIM Indore 2010-11 EPGP Aspirants!

Hi All, The ad for IIM Indore 2010-11 EPGP is out! Cost 18 lakhs (excluding International travel related costs). Last date is 20th April. Anybody interested? Please post your profile and let’s start the discussion. Regards, Joy

Hi All,

The ad for IIM Indore 2010-11 EPGP is out! Cost 18 lakhs (excluding International travel related costs). Last date is 20th April. Anybody interested? Please post your profile and let's start the discussion.

Regards,
Joy

Hi Ahirjoy,

i am applying it thru CAT2009, my profile goes like this

Xth : 66
XII : 66
B.tech (good state college): 72
PG in International Business (K J Somaiya) :62
workex : 5.3 yrs by 31st mar'10 in financial services (4 yrs) & construction (1.3 yrs)

Rgds
Arun

Hi All,

The ad for IIM Indore 2010-11 EPGP is out! Cost 18 lakhs (excluding International travel related costs). Last date is 20th April. Anybody interested? Please post your profile and let's start the discussion.

Regards,
Joy

i am also planning to apply..got a reject last year..
GMAT : 640
total exp:6+(IT)

Hi All,
I am applying for EPGP program this month.
Regarding the essays, the adcom asks us to use an additional sheet if required but doesn't clearly mention the word limit. Can someone answer what is the suggested word limit for essays.

Thanks ~ Krishna

Hi Chaitu,

I would suggest not to use additional sheets until you think it's absolutely necessary. If I would have been the evaluator of your essays, and have to review 15-20 other such essays, I would have certainly wanted applicants stay within the word limits :-). However, I haven't applied for Indore EPGP before, but based on other B-Schools word limits for essays, it can be 250-750 words, so I guess anything around 500-700 should be fine. But then final decision is yours.

Regards,
Joy

Hi All,

Regards,
Joy

I am interested in applying.. My profile...
Exp 6 yrs IT
X 78%
XII 73%
BE 64%
GMAT 700...

Does anyone know what kind of companies recruit EPGP student.. Do any of the Big 4 consulting firms come and recruit student from EPGP..

with a GMAT of 700 u got a decent chance of making to the final shortlist gievn ur i/v and writeups are good...

the EPGP first batch is going to pass out this year. stats of recruitment r yet to be released

I am interested in applying.. My profile...
Exp 6 yrs IT
X 78%
XII 73%
BE 64%
GMAT 700...

Does anyone know what kind of companies recruit EPGP student.. Do any of the Big 4 consulting firms come and recruit student from EPGP..

Hello Everyone,
Do anyone knows about the placement & kind of offers people got for this course for 2009-10 batch.
I am interested for this. But, want to know the details first.

Hi, I am an aspirant for IIM I 1 year course. Can anyone please let me know if they conduct telephonic interviews for international applicants? did it happen last year?....thanks in advance.

~

Hi,

The EPGP course is a good alternative for those who could not make in other IIMs one yr course. The time line is also very good and useful. It will save your a year approximately. The cost is not an issue looking to the upcoming market and acceptability of IIMs' 1 year MBA.

Good thing is that one can use CAT scores here for the same. A good overall CAT score is good enough to get a call and admit. Here the sectional cut off doesnt apply, generally.

But be careful, like other IIMs, this would also be focussing a lot on interview and write ups. So take good guidance. For this, as there is scarcity of any guiding institute for that, I found that general education based at bangalore and run by ISB, HEC, Harvard allumni is a good choice.

Please visit them at **********.com and go thorugh their site.

All the best.

Hi Everybody I have close to 10 yrs of workex 6 yrs in US
Currently in New York willing to comeback to India for MBA 1 yr

Will be applying and hope to get a call for telephonic interview
Amrit
10yr/IT/720/ 6yr International

PGPX dinged:-(

Hi Everyone,

Gr8 to see this thread as I am also planning to apply for EPGP 2010-11 batch. My profile -
11 yrs experience in IT(4.5 yrs International experience in US and Europe). GMAT : 710
Academics :
X : 84%, XII : 82%, BE : 70%
Extra Curriculars : Average.

Regards,
Pratty

Guys, I am current EPGP student and have volunteered to help the aspirants for next batch. So far i was active on another thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iim-indore-epgp-2009-10-admission-process-and-beyond-25042716

Seems the discussion has moved to this thread, request one of you to close the previous thread and give a link to this new thread. If you have any question for me, please feel free to ask. Also, please note that I am not associated with EPGP office and my views will be personal and to the best of my knowledge.

Regards,

Hi All,
I am applying for EPGP program this month.
Regarding the essays, the adcom asks us to use an additional sheet if required but doesn't clearly mention the word limit. Can someone answer what is the suggested word limit for essays.

Thanks ~ Krishna

Feel free to use additional sheets if you have something worth mentioning. Dont let the word limit stop you. Though, i would suggest to not cross 300 word limit.

Hi satanmaycare, for international applicants, how/where do we inform adcom in the application for requesting a telephonic interview?

also, do we need to send the GMAT score via GMAC (via the institute code), or sending the score sheet alongwith the application would suffice?

Please confirm.......

Hi satanmaycare, for international applicants, how/where do we inform adcom in the application for requesting a telephonic interview?

Mention it in your application. In the special notes section or just in the end.

also, do we need to send the GMAT score via GMAC (via the institute code), or sending the score sheet alongwith the application would suffice?

Please confirm.......

You can send it via GMAC too (the insti code is given) but for now, just a self attested Xerox along the application form should suffice.

@praying_mantis
telephonic interviews were conducted last year

Hi, I am an aspirant for IIM I 1 year course. Can anyone please let me know if they conduct telephonic interviews for international applicants? did it happen last year?....thanks in advance.

~

Dear All, Good to see much interest and activity on this forum. I am a current student at EPGP. Since one of you sent me a PM regarding the present batch details, I am posting the link here for everyone who might be interested. the link is - Indian Institute of Management Indore - EPGP, also details of the recent international immersion program can be found at - http://www.iimidr.ac.in/iimi/media/pdf/EPGP%20International%20Immersion.pps Hope this helps other people also. Best regards, Incognito

Hi Satanmaycare ~ Regarding the medical certificate (mentioned in FAQ's)- Do we need to produce this along with the application or after getting selected to the programme.
Thanks ~ KC

What are my chances:

X: 81%
XII: 81%
Btech: 75%
GMAT: 660
workex- 5.5 yrs ( 7 months as faculty, 4 yrs as software developer, 1 yr as business analyst) - all exp in IT +financial markets
onsite: 10 months
ExtraCurricular: Good

only worried about my GMAT