IIM I waitlisted candidates 2007

This thread is for waitlisted candidates at IIM Indore… For many like me this is the only chance to enter the IIMs this year! And following the advice of an IIM I senior i have started this thread. I hope no one else has started the same. If it i…

This thread is for waitlisted candidates at IIM Indore.. For many like me this is the only chance to enter the IIMs this year! And following the advice of an IIM I senior i have started this thread. I hope no one else has started the same. If it is felt unnecessary mods please close it. Thanks..

I am also waitlisted. IIMI was my only call. The only thing which is not clear about is how many calls were sent last year in first list (676 this year).

and is this 676 with or w/o WL? Though I think this would be without WL.

Me too waitlisted in IIM I.
About the waitlist we all know now that the number 676 is confirmed .
Here is the source : IIMs release first admission list after government order - India PRwire

And yea some1 commented this was w/o the waitlist. I really dont think so cuz no B-School wud tht risk if it has only 180 seats to offer.

So what I feel is tht this list consists of both cofirmed offers and waitlist ppl.
Further last year aroung 200 calls were given for 180 seats.
So if the same patters is followed this year too , the confirmed calls are arnd 200. This leaves around 476 ppl on waitlist.

Now we also know that around 330 calls are given at Blore for 250 seats , so even is 70 % have I calls too then arnd 200 ppl wont opt for IIM I.

Right now i have data only fr IIM B , dunno abt A , C , L and I. I thnk ppl there too may be havin I calls. The we have XL and MDI.

So ppl all in all , rather then speculting , lets collate data and try to find a realistic scenario.

Hope fr the best. May all waitlisted souls get confirmed.

ankit.. thanks for your views.. but here are the reason why i feel that the list of 676 is the number of students without waitlisted candidates..

'We have released a list of 676 candidates for our 180 seats. All the seats will be filled on
first-come-first-served basis,' Parashar told IANS from Indore.

Guys.. If the list of 676 candidates contains waitlisted candidates too, how can the director say the the seats will be filled on first-come-first-served basis? Then a waitlisted guy can confirm his seat before others do and get the seat!

And using proof by contradiction method:-

If the list of 676 also contains waitlisted students, then on an average 150 of them would have got into each of IIM A,B, C and L. Then only 76 candidates will be left and IIM I will have have to find 104 candidates out of the candidates who were initially rejected, which they would not want to happen.

and here is some info on what happened last year.. using the info in last year's thread and what an IIM I senior (andthentherewas1more) has mentioned..

last year.. there were no two or three waitlists... initially some X number of students were waitlisted like how we have been. Then on May 1st (equivalent to this year's May 15 day) Y number of students out of X were given confirmed offers and then waitlist numbers were given to 75 candidates and it seems 34 out of the 75 got final admission.

I have a doubt though.. Is X - Y = 75? That is, on May 1st, was any waitlisted candidate given the news that he is rejected? Because if no one in the waitlist had got rejected on May 1st, only (75-34) 41 students in the waitlist had failed to convert IIM I call. Otherwise the number will be more..

I think the seniors will be able to help. And i hope what i have stated is clear to everyone!!

got waitlisted..no number is mentioned....

puyz do we have to call and confirm our waitlist..like those of confirmed...

can anybody give me the phone number of IIM indore...or the person to be called there to find out

So u think this list is w/o the waitlist hmm.
Ok so what if as you say 150 in each of he A,c,b,l have I calls too.
That means only 76 may get I. So how many more W/l have been given.
Also was the number of calls the same last yr too ?

I have a feeling that the number of confirmed calls that Indore has sent is pretty less and ppl in the waithing list has a very gud chance of conversion.

came across 3-4 ppl who have final convert from C/L/K but waitlisted in I including me.

As said by IIMI senior pranav,IIM Indore has displayed a list of selected students on its notice board. It would be great if any of us, staying close to indore, could go and actually see the list. That would end lots of our queries.

Hi guys,
I didnt have any calls, but just posting this for your information. I certainly know of two people who have confirmed iimI calls and are not joining, as they have calls from b and c respectively. .........

Page accessed=4,83,611 times. See stats
Yesterday alone=2,55,752 times.
Day before yesterday=1,85,068 times.
Thanks for enjoying my website.
Rejected by A C and L. Waiting list of I.
Love you all. My site rocked

-

Page accessed=4,83,611 times. See stats
Yesterday alone=2,55,752 times.
Day before yesterday=1,85,068 times.
Thanks for enjoying my website.
Rejected by A C and L. Waiting list of I.
Love you all. My site rocked

-

Change the status of the final converts man........... btw , how many did u convert

when it ends, something new begins..
searching whats new

-

I doubt dat dey have given out 676 confirmed calls...dats just huge for just 180 seats.....wat will dey do if 476 people dont turn up and 200 do...dey cant just increase d no. of seats...so i think 676 includes no. of confirm calls as well as waitlisted people......
hey do we need to confirm with them that yes we are interested in getting final offer from indore...or its not reuqired and we just need to call dem up on 15th to know our status?

and is this 676 with or w/o WL? Though I think this would be without WL.

Niraj: I am of the view that it does include the Waitlisters...!! Reason being its simply not logical to issue so many confirmed calls. Coz theoritically speaking if all the 676 calls are confirmed and if all of them decide to choose Indore then no way Indore can stop them from joining. So, it has to include the waitlisters.

'We have released a list of 676 candidates for our 180 seats. All the seats will
be filled on first-come-first-served basis,' Parashar told IANS from Indore.

Guys.. If the list of 676 candidates contains waitlisted candidates too, how can the director say the the seats will be filled on first-come-first-served basis? Then a waitlisted guy can confirm his seat before others do and get the seat!

And using proof by contradiction method:-

If the list of 676 also contains waitlisted students, then on an average 150 of them would have got into each of IIM A,B, C and L. Then only 76 candidates will be left and IIM I will have have to find 104 candidates out of the candidates who were initially rejected, which they would not want to happen.

Ashish: Well, I raised the same issue with one of IIM-I seniors. According to him its just the merit order list... and whoever in the merit order comes first and pays the fee, gets the seat.

Regd. ur proof by contradiction method... I won't bet on a number of 150... but yeah I wud safely take 100 (give or take 10). Even in that case also chances become very bright... for all the waitlisters... Add to that the fact there are candidates who prefer MDI/XL/FMS over Indore. Though such number is very small... may be in single digits... A few even decide to write next CAT for better avenues... and I know a couple of them are on PG itself...

One more thing... as u hv mentioned in ur last line that Indore wont want to come out with a next list... I dont think there's any problem if Indore has to come out with a fresh list... But I doubt that it wont be able to fill up 180 seats from 676 calls...

can anybody give me the phone number of IIM indore...or the person to be called there to find out

Gaurav: I think u can get it from the website...

...hey do we need to confirm with them that yes we are interested in getting final offer from indore...

Rani: I dont think so... otherwise there's no point in putting that date of 15th May... :|

Finally... even I am waitlisted and want the time to fly as fast as possible... But then patience... my dear friends, is a virtue... which comes by faith and belief...

Here are a couple of links for all of u to get a few queries answered... Hope it helps... No points in guessin who raised these queries...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iimi07_09/message/6
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iimi07_09/message/7

Let's wait and watch..!!

just a suggestion.... put up a poll with options if people are joining or rejecting I... will give u a better picture...

p.s. am not taking up I... so one more seat up for grabs :satisfie:

just a suggestion.... put up a poll with options if people are joining or rejecting I... will give u a better picture...

p.s. am not taking up I... so one more seat up for grabs :satisfie:

well.. pagalguy can never give a true picture with its small base.. i don't think many of the 676 students will be here in PG. I guess we will know only wen someone goes to IIM Indore campus and checks out the status.. We can only speculate till then. I would be really happy if the list of 676 candidates includes waitlists but the director's statement is making me think otherwise..

Am waitlisted in I.. but will surely be joining K.. so in case I am above anyone, he can breathe easily!!
All the best to all the waitlisted candidates!

Am waitlisted in I.. but will surely be joining K.. so in case I am above anyone, he can breathe easily!!
All the best to all the waitlisted candidates!

THANKS buddy we need a lot of guys and gals like you...