IIM Executive MBA 2011 - Profile Feedback

Hello, Realize that a solid SOP and a solid GMAT score are equally important but I have been a bit concerned about my past academic performance (particularly high school) and wanted to see if someone could comment on my prospects of getting i…

Hello,

Realize that a solid SOP and a solid GMAT score are equally important but I have been a bit concerned about my past academic performance (particularly high school) and wanted to see if someone could comment on my prospects of getting into the EMBA program at the IIM's.

Following is my profile:

- Xth grade : 74%
- XIIth grade : 65%
- Bachelors in Finance (US) : 3.0 / 4.0 GPA = approx 80%
- Post Bac in Accounting (US) : 3.8 / 4.0 GPA = approx 92%
- Certified CPA (US)
- GMAT : Will appear for it in July. Aiming for the 700 range.
- Currently employed as a Global Finance Manager at an IT MNC in the US. Total work experience of about 9 years split between Financial Services and IT industries.

Thank You,
Vikram

hi vikram,
admission committee looks into the application from a holistic approach. All the factors r considered and no need to worry abt past academic peformance.
there r threads running in PG for each of the executive programs. go through them and u will get more inforamtion abt people who will be applying to MBA this year and lot of useful info

Hello,

Realize that getting a solid SOP and a solid GMAT score are equally important but I have been a bit concerned about my past academic performance (particularly high school) and wanted to see if someone could comment on my prospects of getting into the EMBA program at the IIM's.

Following is my profile:

- Xth grade : 74%
- XIIth grade : 65%
- Bachelors in Finance (US) : 3.0 / 4.0 GPA = approx 80%
- Post Bac in Accounting (US) : 3.8 / 4.0 GPA = approx 92%
- Certified CPA (US)
- GMAT : Will appear for it in July. Aiming for the 700 range.
- Currently employed as a Global Finance Manager at an IT MNC in the US. Total work experience of about 9 years split between the Financial Services and IT industries.

Thank You,
Vikram