IIM Calcutta : PGPEX -VLM (Official) Admission Notice Batch 2017-18

Hello, everyone, this is the external relations cell of PGPEX VLM programme of IIM Calcutta. You can find discussions and important notice about the programe in this thread. This thread is to answer to your queries about the program and admissions. 

--

External Relations Representative

Admission Notice for PGPEX VLM academic session 2017-2018.

The last date of submission of Application forms along with application fee is 07/12/2016. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for apptitude test and interview on 08/01/2017. The admission process will be conducted by IIT Kanpur for this academic session. Please follow the below link for the ad and application forms for downloading.

http://www.iitk.ac.in/ime/vlm/?pg=downloads

Details about the program- check the below link.

https://www.iimcal.ac.in/programs/pgpex-vlm

First of all, Thank you external relations cell @PGPEX-VLM for setting up this page. I have 2 queries w.r.t. to the application form 

1. What needs to be mentioned in the mail body when recommenders are forwarding the recommendation  letter to the  VLM office mail id?would applicant name and admission batch suffice?

2. Where i work, officiated external communications (representing the company) are through HR dept and no one else. As a result none of the core functional heads carry any officiating seal with them. Some suggestions on this account pls.

Thanks in advance.

I wish to apply for IIT Kanpur/IIM C for its prestigious course for manufacturing professionals i.e. VLM Course but VLM notificaton has brought professionals like us under great confusion since other good One Year MBA Programmes of MDI and XLRI selection process test is also going to take place on 8 Jan 2017. 

This has created problem since all three mentioned institutes have top one yr MBA Programme which an aspirant student cannot afford to miss. 

Looking forward for your advise how to face such a difficult situation.

@ @PGPEX-VLM sir, @ end recommendation letter (in box ),there written clearly "signature and seal of company".it is difficult to get from company.is it possible to submit @ the time of admission.

You may follow our facebook and twitter page. 

https://www.facebook.com/pgpexvlm/

https://twitter.com/PGPEX_VLM_IIMC

I have 7+ years of experience in an Auto OEM R&D with scores as 10th (80%), 12th (77%) and Bachelors with Distinction (75%). I am applying without GMAT or GRE. Can you share what no of students got admision without GMAT/gre?

Also what are my chances if i apply?

VLM team,

Do we need to fill the application form (which includes Essays, Job description and LOR) by hand ? Please confirm me.

@PGPEXVLM the letter of recommendation can be scanned and  sent via email at [email protected] as mentioned in ?? I wanted to confirm  and also what should be the subject of that email??

How can we send the application ?? Through Indian postal services or it can be send through private courier services ???

Post by a fellow aspirant, requires some urgent advice.... Just reposting!!!

can the letter of recommendations be typed in word and the printed copy will be attached to the application?

@PGPEXVLM  Can we type the SOP & ESSAY and take a print out and attach along with the application form ??.  Also, is there any option to pay application fee through online ?. 

Plz respond.

Can the recommendation be sent from gmail or yahoo ID (or) need to be sent only from official email ID ?? @PGPEXVLM @PGPEX-VLM  Please respond.

I have couriered application form and documents by today itself by DTDC.They are saying that there is 1%chance of delivering the courier on 8th. In that case will my application be rejected?? My recommendations have been mailed by my seniors.

Any chance of Date Extension?? Also please suggest is it mandatory to submit recco letter before due date..Can it be submitted later on..??

@PGPEX-VLM  my courier status shows the application was attempted for delivery today. My recommendation letters have been emailed. As I read through the thread below should the email be sent to [email protected]?

When will the result be declared??

Does any one got mail regarding shortlist

Just a quick question..Any idea how many applicants applied last year...?