IIM Calcutta Official Thread for PGPEX Class of 2018 (PGPEX 2017-18)
We are from the current batch of pgpex. Plz feel free to ask any queries related to the admissions and the course. Here's wishing you guys all d very best for your admission process.
Hey guys... here's a link to the fb page of IIM Calcutta PGPEX
We recently posted group photo of current batch here
I will have 5 years of experience by next year march ( 2017). This experience will make me eligible for executive programme. However, I see avg experience at IIM is more than 7 yrs. This is bit scary. Can students studying there give an idea of how many people in 5 years range have historically made it through.
Hi Kunal, I have round 10 years of work experience in the field of SCM specifically into Procurement, my Academic is not very impressive (would put it as average), but work experience in diversified fields ranging from Manufacturing to IT industry. Can you please guide me with what's the cut off score for GMAT? Also, Is work experience a defining criteria for selection for PGPEX?
Hi, are there any info sessions/seminars planned for PGPEX like IIM A and B have been doing for their PGPX and EPGP respectively?
Hi I am facing issues in filling form in academic session. My attachments keep dissappearing on portal. I have written to team through email twice but no reply. Can anyone please look into issue.
What is the GMAT Code for the PGPEX program of IIMC ?
Hi PGPEX AdCom,
I had registered for the program online few days back, but am unable to find the login link on website anywhere, only the Register link is given. Can you help?
Hii, I m male 31 with 8 years of experience in fighter aircraft manufacturing and it's ground as well as flight testing . also worked on word's unique and first project for successful integration of a 3000 kg of bramhos missile on a fighter jet. IMy 10th std was 84% and 12th std was 79% I completed my mechanical engineering with 73% . A moderate extracurricular activities such as led a team of 1000 students at republic day parade in NCC in school. Organized special festivals at college such as inter block quiz competition and janmashtmi dahi handi fest. Also participated in college tech fest. My GMAT score is 660 with 3.5 awa . I know my GMAT score is low .but I am not able to retake at this moment. What is my chance for pgpex Please provide me a honest feedback. Thanks.
IIM C- PGPEX has opened the application for admission Year 2016-17. PGPEX is keeping the lives of applicants simple with one round for applications. The closing date for receiving applications is 25 October 2016.
- A bachelor's degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline
- At least five years of full-time post qualification managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2017
- Valid GMAT Score (taken within last 36 months of application date)
Assessment Criteria Assessment of the candidates is based on the following :-
- Academic background
- Professional experience
- GMAT score
- Personal interviews
- Statement of purpose
Academic profile and GMAT score is used to assess the candidate’s ability to cope with the rigor of the coveted program. SOP helps the Admissions Committee to understand the motivation and conviction of the candidate behind joining the program. Recommendation gives an insight into candidate’s ability to excel in professional settings.
However, please be informed that there is no cut-off on the GMAT score and the admission committee views each application separately, giving due consideration to academics, extracurricular, diversity, and work experience.
For updates on webinars and other details, please follow the thread.
In case of any queries, please email – [email protected]
1. Insights from Chairperson, IIMC-PGPEX on programme
2. Queries on PGPEX programme
Date & Time: 06-Sep-2016 8:00 PM
To register follow the link:
1. Do I have to report official GMAT score directly from GMAC or uploading the test taker's copy would suffice?
2. The T&C says " The referees will be contacted only after complete submission of your application along with payment of the application fee [....] Kindly be aware that you will be solely responsible for ensuring that the application form duly completed in all respect (including referrals) reaches us by the due date"
Does this mean I will have to complete the application, pay the application fee, submit the application and then my referees will be contacted and they will provide recommendation - all of these should be done by October 25th?
@IIMCPGPEX : I just started filling in the application today
1. The managerial Experience has a different section with months and years and reportees asked. Please note that while I have been Project and Integration Lead for last three years, my official designation would not reflect that since they were initially added as added responsibilities and later as added fucntional role. So, should that expereince be mentioned in the managerial section?.
Also, I handled technical team for 2.5 years approximately onsite , but again, reportees are for line management and they are very senior executives, I am not able to understand the purpose of those sections mentioned separately.
2. On last Step 5,7 ,8, there is an option to upload files. Does the adcom need supporting documents for what we mention in essays and for extracurricular.There would be quite a few incidents which hold importance in my life but donot hold any certificate to prove their authenticity. What should be done in this case?
@IIMCPGPEX : How to initiate referee mail ? I have saved the details of two referees . There is no button to initate the mail to referees . Can you please let me know what to do next ?
Hi, in the page where I am supposed to give GMAT score details, what is expected at the field 'Registration Number' ? My GMAT Id or the Appointment no. ?
Hi all, In academic qualification section do we need to upload documents from 10th onward or just transcripts of graduation onward.
Submitted the application including refree reports. Will I get any confirmation that application is complete.
Also, will the interview call on rolling basis or it will be announced in one go.
Please provide some information on placement opportunities after PGPEX.
Could you please help evaluate my profile for PGPEX.
Work experience of close to 6 yrs, which includes both 2+ years of onsite exposure serving as an application sole point of contact for various project deliveries and 4 years of work with the same client offshore, comprising of leading a small team and ensuring critical deliveries.
Awarded various recognition's related to work including Star of the quarter, Excellence in innovation, Team award key to Success, 5 Yrs of excellence and commitment, Reviewer of the month.
Active member of a US based Non profit organization including active participation's and active leadership as event ambassadors. These events are scheduled worldwide in many countries at the same day to promote common cause. Also an active member of Delhi based NGO for certain events related to education.
Organized/Won/Participated in various events at work and college level. Member of a team which organized an international conference hosted for the 1st time by the India office.
GMAT 650 (QA49,V30)
B.Tech (Computers) - 74.5%
12th - 78.8%
10th - 76.2%