IIM Calcutta Official Thread for PGPEX Class of 2017 (PGPEX 2016-17)

IIM Calcutta Official Thread for PGPEX Class of 2017 (PGPEX 2016-17)

As a part of celebrating its 150th year of an eventful and ambitious journey, the Shapoorji Pallonji Group will be sponsoring "The Rising Star Award of Academic Merit for PGPEX Students" at ‪#‎IIMCalcutta‬.

A cash award of Rupees 1 lakh will be given to the topper of the PGPEX batch for the next 5 years starting 2015.

As a part of celebrating its 150th year of an eventful and ambitious journey, the Shapoorji Pallonji Group will be sponsoring "The Rising Star Award of Academic Merit for PGPEX Students" at ‪#‎IIMCalcutta‬.

A cash award of Rupees 1 lakh will be given to the topper of the PGPEX batch for the next 5 years starting 2015.

Indra Nooyi, one of the most powerful women around the world, returned to IIM Calcutta for the 50th Convocation Ceremony.

There was a real sense of excitement on the campus, as Indra Nooyi inaugurated the official IIM Calcutta blog: http://www.iimcalcuttablog.in

Hello Folks.. I am planning to apply for the PGPEX class of 2017. Can someone help me find out whether the Essays are needed for IIMC PGPEX application or not? I see some essays on some other websites, but their official website says only 1 SOP. Thanks in advance!!

For IIM PGPEX Group let's connect on whatsapp ... Pm me your numbers .... Im also an aspirant for 2016-17

10th batch prospects can find the details here :

https://programslive.iimcal.ac.in/admission-schedule

good luck!

hi guys 

we are  from the current batch of pgpex.  plz feel free to ask any queries related to the admissions and the course. here,s wishing you guys all d very best for your admission process. 

regards

abhishek

Hi all...

I took gmat a few months back and have a score of 640.i have an experience of over 6years at NTPC . Should i retake gmat for a chance in IIM.

Xth-84%

XIIth-82%

B Tech-73.2% NIT nagpur.

Please suggest,Thanks in advance.

guys here's d link to the fb page of iim c so that you all can get a hang of lyf @ campus

https://www.facebook.com/iimcalcutta?pnref=lhc

Guys, there is a group of current students who will try and answer queries on this thread. Therefore, will encourage all the aspirants to start off with their queries as early as possible so that you all can get a headstart before you get into the nity gritties of the admission process. Remember, no query is trivial!!..Good luck!!

Just wanted to remind you guys that since June has commenced, the aspirants should start writing the essays if not already started. in case of any help  regarding content and reviews, we the team of current students wud lyk to help u in this regards.

cheers!!!

Tip : To avoid uncanny / odd questions during the interview, please ensure the SOPs are well thought off. A candidate with clear sorted out set of essays/SOP is most likely to have a more fruitful interview( personal Opinion) 

Hi, I wanted to know how are the job prospects of graduates with past experience in Sourcing/ Supply chain in  non IT product /service companies. Other than consultancy , does any product based companies visit for such profiles.  ---

P.S I have  sourcing experience of 4 yrs  in auto sector, and 2 yrs in fmcg

Folks, hope all your application prep is going good. In case of any questions on SOPs/essays do not hesitate to ask on this forum; as mentioned earlier , nothing is a trivia ..!!

Hi, Please guide me with list of other documents , we need to submit with PGPEX application - Essays/SOP/Recommendation letters ? if it fair to ask my current manager to fill in my Recommendation letter ? i mean, I am just telling him that I may no longer be with this company from next year onward :) 

Hello Alumni Dadas,

I was brwosing through the possible essay topics for IIMC PGPEX as admission window is due to open soon. I could figure out the following:

1. Give detailed descriptions of three activities you performed in your workplace in the last five years which will help us assess your abilities and strengths. Use extra sheets if necessary

2. Narrate an important/unusual incident of your life when you had to face a very demanding/challenging situation. How did you overcome the situation? What lessons did you learn from this incident? Use extra sheets if necessary.

What is not clear to me is how a candidate can be expected to give "detailed descriptions of three events" in Q1 and 3 parts of Q2, in the specified word limit (300-500) words? I found the word limit under FAQS.

Can you please suggest? Am I understanding something wrong here? In previous year's application form, i couldn't see any word limit.

Thanks

Hii to All,

Its time to get ready..its time to get Going!!

The Admission cycle for IIMC PGPEX 10th Batch starts from 29th June...for more details on the important dates, Admission procedure,etc  plz check the following page.

https://programslive.iimcal.ac.in/admission-schedule

Moreover for any sort of queries regarding the Forms,Admissions, plz feel free to drop your queries here...we will try to answer the queries as fast as we can.

Cheers!

IIMC PGPEX

Hi seniors,

I have some questions regarding the applications:

1) For recommendations, do we have to submit it through a letter in hard copy or can it be submitted online? Does the person providing recommendation have to submit it himself or can I do it as well? I'm asking because I'll be asking recommendations from really senior people and they might not have the patience to go through a lot of hoops.

2) I have a GMAT score of 660. I know that a higher score would increase my chances, but I want to avoid a retake as much as possible. Does the admission committee inform applicants if their GMAT scores are insufficient and should be taken again? Also, can I submit my application now with my 660 score and take a GMAT in a month and provide the new scores later?

Would appreciate help with this. Thanks!

Hi seniors,

Till what date is the work exp considered? ill have 5 years work exp by july'16...can i apply for pgpex this year? 

HI Seniors,

I am planning to apply for PGPex 2016-17 batch. My GMAT score is 720, I am an IIT graduate with a 10 years experience in operations / supply chain in a PSU in Oil & Gas Sector. Please advise on the following:

1. Whether the companies coming for placement for PGPex include those offering roles in Operations/Supply Chain. Please cite some examples.

2. Whether there are specific courses/electives at PGPex IIMC catering to Supply Chain Management.

Thanks,

Manish