IIM Calcutta Final Placements 2007

At $250,000 , IIMC has broken its own record (225,000) for the highest salary across IIMs ever. It’s not exactly placement time as yet but given the fact that Laterals and PPOs (Summer pre-placement offers) are out and so are the news article…

At $250,000 , IIMC has broken its own record (225,000) for the highest salary across IIMs ever.

It's not exactly placement time as yet but given the fact that Laterals and PPOs (Summer pre-placement offers) are out and so are the news articles here goes

IIM-C students banega crorepati

2 offers from New York for $250,000 and of course the London 1 crore offer everyone's been talking about for quite sometime now.

Final placements begin 10th March. It can only get better. Keep watching this space

IIMC rocks as usual...

Will be eagerly looking out for the finals...

A few more links to elaborate on the amazing run some of our guys have had ;)

IIM-C students break salary barrier
IIMC grads bag top international offers, break Rs 1cr ceiling-Education-Services-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Moneycontrol India :: News :: It is apna sapna money money for these IIM grads :: :: Current Affairs :: IIM,Calcutta,IIM Ahmedabad,IIM Bangalore
The Telegraph - Calcutta : Metro

And yeah none of our guys have given up their PPOs for saving the world. I guess they are quite happy with their crores 😉

A few more links to elaborate on the amazing run some of our guys have had ;)

IIM-C students break salary barrier
IIMC grads bag top international offers, break Rs 1cr ceiling-Education-Services-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Moneycontrol India :: News :: It is apna sapna money money for these IIM grads :: :: Current Affairs :: IIM,Calcutta,IIM Ahmedabad,IIM Bangalore
The Telegraph - Calcutta : Metro

And yeah none of our guys have given up their PPOs for saving the world. I guess they are quite happy with their crores ;)

Read about the 1-crore thing in today's ET. Way to go!!

Such kinds of news make me put more effort in my prep for the interviews. I hope all this effort of mine bears fruits in the end.

All the best for placements for the freshers...while aweesome performance by the lateral candidates....way to go ..all the best:)

ALL THE BEST to the IIM-C junta for their final placements !!!
post the statistics when you guys are done..
Good luck!!!

Good show IIM C .. :thumbsup:

convulutedsignal - is it poss. for u to put up the official placement report too?

Thanks

Placements were over today. In the first 4 days 256/270 were placed. The last 14 were placed today. Will put out the official placement report as soon as it is released by the placement committee.

Rest assured it has been one hell of a placement week. There were international offers even on the 4th and 5th days :wow: Add this week to the amazing lateral placement week and it all adds up to an average of 3-4 for offers every student to choose from. The numbers are clearly in a league different from those seen in any Indian campus ever before. Keep watching this space 😉

Dude....just watching your enthu & excitement spill over (literally) from your posts really makes one dizzy with anticipation... No doubt you guys are leading the charge of the Indian Crorepatis on the global arena!
Way to go....

any clue about the IIMC_PGPEX the first batch ... they should have had their placements with the lateral placements of the IIMC_PGP.

Can someone please comment!!!>

Congrats for the gud placement performance...waiting for the placement report...way to go IIM Cal !! :thumbsup:

Neelabh

@harshg

PGPEX end their course in December 2007... So their placements would probably start a few months before that...

K

Here's a detailed and exhaustive placement report with all the details you will ever want to know. The link is not up at the IIM Cal website as yet, but the Official placement report report is out at Cool Avenues

Placement 2007 | IIM Calcutta

Just thought I'd make it easier for you guys. And a few pointers

1. Average salaries do NOT include international salaries
  2. International salaries included base salary+one time signing bonus+Guarenteed Bonus component+ any other miscellaneous allowances
  3. The highest domestic salary is a "dollar salary" offered in India by a leading investment bank. One of its kind in India.
  4. Optiver-the market maker has an extremely rigorous entrance process with a success rate of 8% worldwide. That is till they came to IIM Calcutta. Here they had to revise their cutoffs upward twice to ensure only a limited number of students got through. 😉
  5. The offers include lateral placements, PPOs and offers made in final placements as is standard practice. Of course average salaries counted each student only ONCE Only the final offer accepted by the student was taken into account while calculating average salaries.
Do let me know if there are any further queries. Of course don't ask me the name of the guy or the firm. We don't reveal them here at IIMC 😉

Simply amazing!! Extraordinary placements at IIM C...

i have a query.. especially with the gd/pi process just finished..

Are there any separate figures for the placement details of PGDCM students?

Or any info on the IT companies which came for recruitment.. Because i couldn't get much details on them..

Thanks a lot..

Simply amazing!! Extraordinary placements at IIM C...
i have a query.. especially with the gd/pi process just finished..
Are there any separate figures for the placement details of PGDCM students?
Or any info on the IT companies which came for recruitment.. Because i couldn't get much details on them..
Thanks a lot..

DCM students are everywhere man. There is absolutely no bias towards DM/DCM when it comes to placements. I know DCM guys in JPM, Mck, BCG, Bain, ML, Lehman you name it.

IT companies AFAIK were Google, Microsoft, IBM, CTS, Bloomberg (IT+Fin). There were quite a few in the laterals process actually. Check out the laterals report for more details. There weren't enough students in the final placements left for the IT firms. Placements over in a little more than 4 days, there will be empty hands 😉

congratulations sir !!! gr8 show by IIM-C
all d puys in IIM-C , plss post ur job details .

gr8 going IIMC....being an aspirant i would love to knw the base salary and the range of sign on bonus for foreign placements....thanks

what about the freshers, with 0 work experience? did they get similar great placements too?