IIM Calcutta: Final Placements 2005

Well… here is the final placement report for 2005 from IIM Calcutta… Before that … a few things i wud like to add myself … okay okay … it wont be long … :smiley: The year was great with many day 0 comapnies making of…

Well....... here is the final placement report for 2005 from IIM Calcutta.....
Before that ... a few things i wud like to add myself ..... okay okay ... it wont be long .... 😃

The year was great with many day 0 comapnies making offers only at IIM C + few other day 0 making their highest offers at IIM C. Out of day zero companies Mckinsey made almost double the offer they made at other campus. Dredsner KW , a very prestigiuous I Bank, which went only to two campuses in India made offers only at IIM C. Many othe recruited solely from IIM C. Infact almost all the consulting firms made their highest offers at IIM C.

Another star were the Private Equity Firms. WIth IIM C pioneering the participation PE firms via GAP in summers, Finals also saw the Global Private Euity Giant Sun Group International participating only at IIM C. Private equity worldwide is considered a better option than I Banking worlwide and as of now its a priveledged club of just 1200 ppl. Before coming to IIM C they recruited only from Ivy Legue Us school .. Talk about going global...:) . And then the Hedge Fund sector also pioneered via IIM C.

Hmm ... i wanted to add few more things ...... kahir anyway ... read the report urself...:)

Final Placements 2005 Report from IIM Calcutta
The traditionally strong recruiter perception of IIM Calcutta has once again manifested itself in the stellar success of Final Placements 2005. The graduating batch size of 240 students, the largest across all premier business schools attracted the crme de la crme among firms in India and abroad as well as the most coveted jobs on offer. The fact that the entire batch was placed by Slot 2 speaks volumes about the confidence that top recruiters across the globe have in IIM Calcutta. Top companies such as McKinsey and Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney, Deutsche Bank, HSBC (IBA), UBS Investment Banking, Dresdner Investment Banking, IFC (World Bank), SUN Group, Temasek Holdings, Citibank, Standard Chartered, Morgan Stanley India, Mittal Steel, British Gas, ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities, Rabo Bank, PwC and many others made the highest number of offers across all business schools in India at IIM Calcutta, reaffirming its status as the most preferred campus for recruiters.
An astonishing 139 companies confirmed participation in Final Placements 2005 out of which only 78 companies could come and recruit with the other firms unable to recruit as the entire batch had already been placed.
Continued Strengths in Consulting
IIM Calcutta has traditionally been a favorite hunting ground for global consultancy firms. This year was no different with participation of entire gamut of consulting giants which included Mckinsey & Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney, Arthur D Little, Accenture, PwC, KPMG, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, SAP (International Consulting Group). In fact Mckinsey & Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney and PwC all made their highest number of offers across all B-schools in India. McKinsey & Co. also made offers for its Singapore office in addition to the Indian offices.

Investment Banking
IIM Calcutta enviable position in the space of Investment Banking was reaffirmed by the fact that it hosted the highest number of Investment Banks during final placements. Deutsche Bank, HSBC (Global Markets & IBA), UBS Investment Banking, BNP Paribas, Dresdner Investment Banking, Barclays Capital, Temasek Holding and Bank of America recruited for diverse functions and locations. Lehman Brothers and J P Morgan also made Pre Placement Offers at IIM Calcutta.
Deutsche Bank, HSBC IBA, UBS Investment Banking, Dresdner Investment Banking and Temasek Holdings made the highest number of offers across all B-schools at IIM Calcutta. Also, UBS Investment Banking and Dresdner Investment Banking recruited students exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
Private Equity & Hedge Funds
IIM Calcutta's tryst with Private Equity continued with the participation of private equity giant SUN Group and ICICI Ventures during Final Placements at IIM Calcutta. General Atlantic Partners and Gartmore Hedge Funds had earlier recruited during Summer Placements. IIM Calcutta thus became the only campus to have a private equity firm recruit for both final and summer placements. SUN Group had previously recruited only from Ivy League Schools in the US.
World Bank
IIM Calcutta also saw the first time participation of International Finance Corporation (World Bank) in Final Placements 2005

Previous

FMCG
This year around we saw a plethora of marketing firms flooding our institute with offers ranging in fields from Brands to Sales & Marketing to operations. The marketing firms appreciated the quality of students in this batch complementing on their strong fundamentals. Amongst the top recruiters we had Proctor & Gamble, HLL, ITC, Eurosuisse, Nestle, Cadbury, Coke, Dabur and many more firms recruiting from our campus.
Systems
IIM Calcutta carried on with its perception of a strong systems focus with CTS, IBM, HP, Virtusa, Cap Gemini, CSC and Wipro amongst the regular recruiters. This year also saw the Software giant Microsoft coming down from its Redmond office to recruit from IIM Calcutta.
Significant Facts

1. The number of Slot 0 offers saw a staggering increase to 51 from 25 last year with 42 acceptances compared to 19 last year.
  2. 16 companies participated in slot 0 compared to 6 last year.
  3. 151 offers in Slot 1 compared to 117 last year
  4. Total Offers: 391 offers were made this year compared to 312 last year with 1.70 offers made per student compared to 1.32 last year.
  5. Number of students with Foreign Placements increased to 59 from 23 last year.
  6. A number of firms recruited for middle management positions during Final Placements 2005.
  7. Students were recruited for locations across the globe. In addition to regular places like New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore, companies also recruited for locations in Paris, Dalian, Moscow and Dubai.

8. IIM Calcutta hosted the largest number of Investment Banks during Final Placements 2005.

9. McKinsey and Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney, Deutsche Bank, HSBC (IBA), UBS Investment Banking, Dresdner Investment Banking, IFC (World Bank), SUN Group, Temasek Holdings, Citibank, Standard Chartered, Morgan Stanley India, PwC, Mittal Steel, British Gas, ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities and Rabo Bank made the highest number of offers across all business schools in India at IIM Calcutta.

10. Among Slot 0 firms, UBS, Dresdner Investment Banking and SUN Group Private Equity recruited students exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
Recruiters Favourite!
Recruiters have always valued the students at IIM Calcutta as being analytically adept and possessing a creative approach towards problem solving while keeping an eye on the big picture. A valuable indicator of this is that we have regularly been ranked as No.1 in 'Recruiter Perception' in various business school ranking surveys.
By entering into realm of Private Equity - a select group of merely 1200 people the world over - and Hedge Funds, IIM Calcutta has heralded a new era in the Indian B-School recruitments scenario. The Final Placements 2005 have reaffirmed IIM Calcutta's undisputed status as the B-School of choice for top-notch recruiters from both India and abroad.
mind blowing placements .

could u please tell abt the median ,average and least salary.

Well....... here is the final placement report for 2005 from IIM Calcutta.....
Before that ... a few things i wud like to add myself ..... okay okay ... it wont be long .... 😃

The year was great with many day 0 comapnies making offers only at IIM C + few other day 0 making their highest offers at IIM C. Out of day zero companies Mckinsey made almost double the offer they made at other campus. Dredsner KW , a very prestigiuous I Bank, which went only to two campuses in India made offers only at IIM C. Many othe recruited solely from IIM C. Infact almost all the consulting firms made their highest offers at IIM C.

Another star were the Private Equity Firms. WIth IIM C pioneering the participation PE firms via GAP in summers, Finals also saw the Global Private Euity Giant Sun Group International participating only at IIM C. Private equity worldwide is considered a better option than I Banking worlwide and as of now its a priveledged club of just 1200 ppl. Before coming to IIM C they recruited only from Ivy Legue Us school .. Talk about going global...:) . And then the Hedge Fund sector also pioneered via IIM C.

Hmm ... i wanted to add few more things ...... kahir anyway ... read the report urself...:)

The traditionally strong recruiter perception of IIM Calcutta has once again manifested itself in the stellar success of Final Placements 2005. The graduating batch size of 240 students, the largest across all premier business schools attracted the crme de la crme among firms in India and abroad as well as the most coveted jobs on offer. The fact that the entire batch was placed by Slot 2 speaks volumes about the confidence that top recruiters across the globe have in IIM Calcutta. Top companies such as McKinsey and Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney, Deutsche Bank, HSBC (IBA), UBS Investment Banking, Dresdner Investment Banking, IFC (World Bank), SUN Group, Temasek Holdings, Citibank, Standard Chartered, Morgan Stanley India, Mittal Steel, British Gas, ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities, Rabo Bank, PwC and many others made the highest number of offers across all business schools in India at IIM Calcutta, reaffirming its status as the most preferred campus for recruiters.
An astonishing 139 companies confirmed participation in Final Placements 2005 out of which only 78 companies could come and recruit with the other firms unable to recruit as the entire batch had already been placed.
Continued Strengths in Consulting
IIM Calcutta has traditionally been a favorite hunting ground for global consultancy firms. This year was no different with participation of entire gamut of consulting giants which included Mckinsey & Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney, Arthur D Little, Accenture, PwC, KPMG, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, SAP (International Consulting Group). In fact Mckinsey & Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney and PwC all made their highest number of offers across all B-schools in India. McKinsey & Co. also made offers for its Singapore office in addition to the Indian offices.
Investment Banking
IIM Calcutta enviable position in the space of Investment Banking was reaffirmed by the fact that it hosted the highest number of Investment Banks during final placements. Deutsche Bank, HSBC (Global Markets & IBA), UBS Investment Banking, BNP Paribas, Dresdner Investment Banking, Barclays Capital, Temasek Holding and Bank of America recruited for diverse functions and locations. Lehman Brothers and J P Morgan also made Pre Placement Offers at IIM Calcutta.
Deutsche Bank, HSBC IBA, UBS Investment Banking, Dresdner Investment Banking and Temasek Holdings made the highest number of offers across all B-schools at IIM Calcutta. Also, UBS Investment Banking and Dresdner Investment Banking recruited students exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
Private Equity & Hedge Funds
IIM Calcutta's tryst with Private Equity continued with the participation of private equity giant SUN Group and ICICI Ventures during Final Placements at IIM Calcutta. General Atlantic Partners and Gartmore Hedge Funds had earlier recruited during Summer Placements. IIM Calcutta thus became the only campus to have a private equity firm recruit for both final and summer placements. SUN Group had previously recruited only from Ivy League Schools in the US.
World Bank
IIM Calcutta also saw the first time participation of International Finance Corporation (World Bank) in Final Placements 2005

Previous

FMCG
This year around we saw a plethora of marketing firms flooding our institute with offers ranging in fields from Brands to Sales & Marketing to operations. The marketing firms appreciated the quality of students in this batch complementing on their strong fundamentals. Amongst the top recruiters we had Proctor & Gamble, HLL, ITC, Eurosuisse, Nestle, Cadbury, Coke, Dabur and many more firms recruiting from our campus.
Systems
IIM Calcutta carried on with its perception of a strong systems focus with CTS, IBM, HP, Virtusa, Cap Gemini, CSC and Wipro amongst the regular recruiters. This year also saw the Software giant Microsoft coming down from its Redmond office to recruit from IIM Calcutta.
Significant Facts
  1. The number of Slot 0 offers saw a staggering increase to 51 from 25 last year with 42 acceptances compared to 19 last year.
  2. 16 companies participated in slot 0 compared to 6 last year.
  3. 151 offers in Slot 1 compared to 117 last year
  4. Total Offers: 391 offers were made this year compared to 312 last year with 1.70 offers made per student compared to 1.32 last year.
  5. Number of students with Foreign Placements increased to 59 from 23 last year.
  6. A number of firms recruited for middle management positions during Final Placements 2005.
  7. Students were recruited for locations across the globe. In addition to regular places like New York, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore, companies also recruited for locations in Paris, Dalian, Moscow and Dubai.

8. IIM Calcutta hosted the largest number of Investment Banks during Final Placements 2005.

9. McKinsey and Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney, Deutsche Bank, HSBC (IBA), UBS Investment Banking, Dresdner Investment Banking, IFC (World Bank), SUN Group, Temasek Holdings, Citibank, Standard Chartered, Morgan Stanley India, PwC, Mittal Steel, British Gas, ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities and Rabo Bank made the highest number of offers across all business schools in India at IIM Calcutta.

10. Among Slot 0 firms, UBS, Dresdner Investment Banking and SUN Group Private Equity recruited students exclusively from IIM Calcutta.
Recruiters Favourite!
Recruiters have always valued the students at IIM Calcutta as being analytically adept and possessing a creative approach towards problem solving while keeping an eye on the big picture. A valuable indicator of this is that we have regularly been ranked as No.1 in 'Recruiter Perception' in various business school ranking surveys.
By entering into realm of Private Equity - a select group of merely 1200 people the world over - and Hedge Funds, IIM Calcutta has heralded a new era in the Indian B-School recruitments scenario. The Final Placements 2005 have reaffirmed IIM Calcutta's undisputed status as the B-School of choice for top-notch recruiters from both India and abroad.

can u post more unoffcial and real analysis eg.
1. What is the average take home salary
2. What is the max salary offered to freshers.
3. What sort of profile is looked up by the companies on day 0?
4. What can a person do beforehandely to increase his chances of getting selected on day o..:-) ...

Congrats on a wonderful placement season !
Can ya tell me where H.V Vinayak & Tara Gupta have been placed ? Both are seniors from college..

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.

Rocking gud placements at C..congrats ...

not sure of this though

The graduating batch size of 240 students, the largest across all premier business schools

hehe..just kidding...
awesome show..
gud to c a lot of new firms across diverse areas coming to recruit....
congrats again..
regards,
poltergeist

World Bank

great placement...presence of IFC is a pleasant surprise. Unlike other wings of World Bank, IFC prefers MBA. What kind of work did they offer? And whats the profile of the people selected by IFC?

-amith
4. What can a person do beforehandely to increase his chances of getting selected on day o..:-) ...

Am not a placerep@IIMC so take my comments with a pinch of salt.

1> Should be not much different from what was mentioned on IIMA's thread by snan. Most of the comps recruiting in big nos from ABC are mostly the same one's.
2> Offered by McK/BCG in India (something like 14L+)and HSBC in London.($100K+)
3> Good acads+Good personality+Good extra currics+Good ..blah..blah..blah..
4> Get under 100 rank in IIT or top CA exam + top your batch at an IIM + Get tons of Gold Medals/certificates for extra currics + Crack all intvs bigtime ...
Do all this and you'll have a surefire chance@ Slot 0 comps
However, if you have all this, I have no clue what are you doing @ IIM's?

Can ya tell me where H.V Vinayak & Tara Gupta have been placed ? Both are seniors from college..

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.

H.V.Vinayak --> McKinsey (not sure Mumbai or Singapore)
Tara Gupta --> No idea

any idea if there is a guy called Vijay Natarjan in your batch.. old frind of mine.. not sure if he was in the 03 or the 04 batch..... an ideas?

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.

Tara Gupta : P & G

Hi Guys,

I have an admission offer from both PGDM and PGDCM. Can somebody help me in getting in touch with somebody who has passed out from IIM C this year and got a lateral job offer.
Please treat this urgent and mail me at [email protected]

TIA
Sudhakar

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.

H V VInayak made it to Mck Singapore, Tara to PnG Mumbai..u from vnr vjit i suppose...

Adipa
eddy Says
any idea if there is a guy called Vijay Natarjan in your batch.. old frind of mine.. not sure if he was in the 03 or the 04 batch..... an ideas?

Vijay Natrajan made it to Dubai Wire.

it was real...and wot do u mean by unofficial....using slangs and all instead of harcore nos.
1. take home has hazaar different definitions and it would be better to stick to something dat is more consistent eg c2c...
2. the guy who got the highest sal across the batch is a fresher
3. good academic record, multifaceted personality, being an IITian helps, so does having relevant work-ex...once shortlisted u need to knw ur stuff (fin etc.) to get thru
4.nothing much actually...coz if ur CV isn;t gud the chances of improving it now r pretty low.

it was real...and wot do u mean by unofficial....using slangs and all instead of harcore nos.
1. take home has hazaar different definitions and it would be better to stick to something dat is more consistent eg c2c...
2. the guy who got the highest sal across the batch is a fresher
3. good academic record, multifaceted personality, being an IITian helps, so does having relevant work-ex...once shortlisted u need to knw ur stuff (fin etc.) to get thru
4.nothing much actually...coz if ur CV isn;t gud the chances of improving it now r pretty low.

GG i never knew u were at pg aswell...

Hi Seniors,

Can you throw some light on the placements at IIM L. what all companies come in finance?
is there any chance that foreign i banks will be coming to IIM L..
What is the summer placement scenario there..my questions are specifically for finance domain though other info abt other domains is also welcome..

hi

can anybody teel what is the placement in operations

hi tara .........

bestfrnz4u Says
Tara Gupta : P & G
mind blowing placements .

could u please tell abt the median ,average and least salary.

hey RINKU,......

great stuff on ur signature line....so very true

Better4worse