IIM Calcutta Alumnus enters Guiness Book of World Records

Malli Mastan Babu, IIM Calcutta (2004-06), founder of the IIM Calcutta Adventure club and conqueror of the Everest has set the World Record for being the fastest person to climb the 7 HIGHEST mountain summits on earth. He was earlier featured in a…

Malli Mastan Babu, IIM Calcutta (2004-06), founder of the IIM Calcutta Adventure club and conqueror of the Everest has set the World Record for being the fastest person to climb the 7 HIGHEST mountain summits on earth. He was earlier featured in an exclusive Pagalguy.com article on "IIMC alumnus quits cushy jobs for climbing Everest".

http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=44&p2;_articleid=387

He has conquered Everest (29,028 ft), Vinson Massif (16,023 ft, Antarctica), Mt Aconcagua (22,834 ft, South America), Kilimanjaro (19,340 feet, Africa), Mount Kosciuszko (7,310 ft, Australia), Mount Denali (20,320 ft, North America) and Mount Elbrus (18,150 feet, Europe).

Here is a copy of the mail he received from Guiness World Records

Dear Malli,

I am contacting you from Guinness World Records in London. I am currently
researching images for the 2008 edition of the book and am looking for
pictures of your new record for the fastest seven summit ascent.

If you have pictures which we could potentially use for this purpose, please
could you mail them to this address. If you have any further queries, I can
be contacted on the number below.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Karen Gordon
Guinness World Records

The Adventure club at IIM Calcutta has regular treks to the Himalayan ranges through summer and autumn and is one of the defining features of IIM Calcutta's unique MBA experience.

We love you Malli

This is absolutely awesome ! IIM C alumni making a mark globally. First Indra Nooyi and now Malli. congrats to him :thumbsup:

Malli Mastan Babu, IIM Calcutta (2004-06), founder of the IIM Calcutta Adventure club and conqueror of the Everest has set the World Record for being the fastest person to climb the 7 HIGHEST mountain summits on earth. He was earlier featured in an exclusive Pagalguy.com article on "IIMC alumnus quits cushy jobs for climbing Everest".

http://www.pagalguy.com/index.php?categoryid=44&p2;_articleid=387

He has conquered Everest (29,028 ft), Vinson Massif (16,023 ft, Antarctica), Mt Aconcagua (22,834 ft, South America), Kilimanjaro (19,340 feet, Africa), Mount Kosciuszko (7,310 ft, Australia), Mount Denali (20,320 ft, North America) and Mount Elbrus (18,150 feet, Europe).

Here is a copy of the mail he received from Guiness World Records

The Adventure club at IIM Calcutta has regular treks to the Himalayan ranges through summer and autumn and is one of the defining features of IIM Calcutta's unique MBA experience.

We love you Malli

Awesome stuff....I had seen this guys interview in a news channel 6 months back where he said he wanted to achieve this feet. He said MBA was more about managing yourself and achieveing new heights....Didnt know he meant it literally!!

Kudos to Malli Mastan Babu!!

So Mr. Malli Mastan has justified his decison of leaving the cushy job...

But I disagree with the statement that an MBA is more about managing urself.. I mean off course, it can teach us a thing or two about managing ourselves but two years for that is too much and there are other more efficient and better ways to do that.

In the end, howevr I must say IIMC rocks..... Be it acads.. finance .... or sth else...

cool....its an amazing feat! great going IIMC...!!
things like this inspire people to achieve the impossible..
its all about dreaming what people think is not possible..and then making it happen!

This is what I like about people - people who just don't sit on their big fat a$$es doing nothing. People who don't do think to make their resumes "nicer". People who don't do it because it fits into their long term plans of career.

Whats the deal with climbing mountains ? None !! Thats exactly the point !! Doing things because "it's there" to quote George Mallory who didn't have such a fortunate attempt at the Everest. But all the same, we remember him and his quote after almost a century for precisely the same reason - because he he did it because he had to.

Hats off to this Mali guy !! Except for a funny name I love this guy !!

Arun

PS: Dai Convo - That guy was more than just an IIM-C alumnus so the thread subject is a tad stretched, but I won't say anything for your active IIM-C brand building exercise - good job fella

PS: Dai Convo - That guy was more than just an IIM-C alumnus so the thread subject is a tad stretched, but I won't say anything for your active IIM-C brand building exercise - good job fella

Of course he was. but 2 points
1. He did indeed start climbing when in IIMC. Not many schools offer you the time and the freedom to pursue other interests. He also started the adventure club here remember!
2. His achievement would be largely irrelevant to this website and Bschoolers /aspirants if he wasn't an IIM alumnus. :satisfie:

Mountains have been climbed before. What makes this one special is that it is by one of us who had the same options as we had but looked beyond to something not many of us would dare try. And hell he was an IIMCian wasn't he

awesome mannnnn!!!!!!

KUDOS TO YA, MASTAN!!!!
GODAWESOME!!!!!
great 2 hear ...really exhilarated!!!
iit.....iim....now 7 another mountains.....u rawk dude!
PS: i wonder why this news isNOT on homepage!
PPS: if possibble interview him

man...gr8 news .... wat an achievement !!!!! mba or no mba he did it...

u rock dude

...and to make the feat more interesting...Malli chose to scale the 7 peaks on 7 different days of the week...