IIM Bangalore Waitlist Movement for 2008-10 batch

This is the thread for the waitlist movement of IIM Bangalore… Now since almost all the IIM results are out, request puys to let us know if anybody is not taking up seat at IIM Bangalore. This year IIM B has given 300 calls for 251 sea…

This is the thread for the waitlist movement of IIM Bangalore...

Now since almost all the IIM results are out, request puys to let us know if anybody is not taking up seat at IIM Bangalore.

This year IIM B has given 300 calls for 251 seats...plus they have given the waitlist numbers till 80.
Also in the PDF they have mentioned that the extra 49 offeres covers for 137 of these candidates who have an offer from another IIM (I presume it will be IIM A, although I am not sure about this.)
Last year it was 330 calls for 240 seats and then waitlist cleared till about 11.

P.S: I am waitlisted at 15. Fingers crossed:neutral:

Me not joining B. So you can accordingly adjust the WL. ATB guys...rock on 😃

Could you please add a poll to this thread, so that the count is more visible?

214 calls in the general category right? Any idea on how many seats are there for this ?
PS : Me W/L 6 in B (What are my chances ?) ??:

i am not joinin Bangalore..joinin ahmd...so i hope its of some help to some puys.....

Poll Added.....Request all puys to please vote accordingly.....

should we promote this thread on IIMA and IIMC converts threads or has this already been done??

btw, I have a w/l of 11(general)

sourabh_p Says
Poll Added.....Request all puys to please vote accordingly.....
yup, that's the way to go about it...
Mostly it'll be IIM A n C converts who won't join B aprt from the Int'l b-schools one...i'll check if someone has posted this link on A n C threads else will post it there...Keep your fingers crossed puys!

The facts that I have:
Last year -
General Seats : 179
Candidates Called : 240
Waitlist movement : 11

This year -
General Seats : 186/187
Candidates called : 214

Let's see how the list moves this time around...

My results:
Converts : CLIK
Waitlisted 35 at Bangalore!

yup, that's the way to go about it...
My results:
Converts : CLIK
Waitlisted 35 at Bangalore!

Similar is the case with me! Me waitlisted at 30...

Selected in B but will be joining A

should we promote this thread on IIMA and IIMC converts threads or has this already been done??

btw, I have a w/l of 11(general)

I have already done that on IIM A thread....will do that on IIM C thread also.

EDIT: Already done by IAYF on C thread..

Hey all, i have done some analysis, hope it is of some help to you guys

The IIMB Pdf says "The 49 extra offers covers for 137 of these candidates who have an offer from an another IIM"

Forgive me for my ignorance, this line clearly means that they are talking about a particular IIM and not IIMs. Now there can be two possibilities, this IIM can be IIMA or IIMC.

1)If it is IIM A, then 137 have overlaps with A and B, and say by conservative estimate 120 go for A, then 49 buffer calls will be covered up and expect wait list to be covered almost competely. However this scenario is unlikely, since IIMB would not like to have a huge wait list movement, in any case, even had this been IIMA, IIMB would have given more buffer calls, not 49 for 137......(hence it should be IIMC)

2)If it is IIMC, then 137 have overlap with B and C, and IIMB expects 49(buffer calls) to take C over B out of 137 (approx 35%, which is actually the trend over the years). Hence the overlaps between B and C are covered by the buffer Calls.

Now the interesting thing is, A and B overlaps, probably this number will be low, so IIMB may want to cover these with their Wait lists. Hence say Max 20 people opt out for B and ditch A, the WL movement is around 20. Further, if there are more people ditching B for C, then 35%, then WL can move further beyond.....say upto 30

Last year IIMB gave 330 calls, whereas, this year it has given 300 calls. Now my understanding is,that B knows what it is doing, in all likelihood, the point 2 explained above should be the case, which justifies them giving less calls 300 this year, and leads to a WL movement of around 20-30(depending on people ditching IIMA for B)....

~Standard disclaimers APPLICABLE...

I am not joining IIMB.

I will be joining IIMA. Hopefully, the seat I relinquish goes to someone who really really wants IIMB. :)

All the best!
found two more guys in the IIMC google group who might ditch B for C

Ya
I'm ditching B for C

Sayuz

The IIMB Pdf says "The 49 extra offers covers for 137 of these candidates who have an offer from an another IIM"

Forgive me for my ignorance, this line clearly means that they are talking about a particular IIM and not IIMs. Now there can be two possibilities, this IIM can be IIMA or IIMC......

initially even i felt the same way, but i somehow feel that it is reading too much in between the lines....but then again if we infer that it refers to all IIMs , one can deduce that there are 300-137=163 lone converts...even this scenario seems unlikely... but with IIMB, everything they do is unlikely!!...so i settled for the argument that it is referring to all IIMs here...

@sayuz....thanks...we need more people like you!!... come on, Knight Riders rock!!

Forgive me for my ignorance, this line clearly means that they are talking about a particular IIM and not IIMs. Now there can be two possibilities, this IIM can be IIMA or IIMC.

~Standard disclaimers APPLICABLE...

Pardon the intrusion but looking at this from a pure English point of view doesnt it mean 137 candidates who have an offer from ANY other IIM are being accounted for? i.e.,137 candidates have more than a IIMB offer in their hands and not just one other particular IIM call.I dont know if that adds up numerically.Typically many candidates selected by IIMB have lone calls:neutral:

And wouldnt 49 be too small a number being covered if 137 have an IIMA convert?

Actually I feel if an was missing in the above sentence in the IIM B Admission Notice then it would have been referring to a particular IIM:neutral:
Pardon the intrusion but looking at this from a pure English point of view doesnt it mean 137 candidates who have an offer from ANY other IIM are being accounted for? i.e.,137 candidates have more than a IIMB offer in their hands and not just one other particular IIM call.I dont know if that adds up numerically.Typically many candidates selected by IIMB have lone calls:neutral:

And wouldnt 49 be too small a number being covered if 137 have an IIMA convert?

Actually I feel if an was missing in the above sentence in the IIM B Admission Notice then it would have been referring to a particular IIM:neutral:

Pardon the intrusion but looking at this from a pure English point of view doesnt it mean 137 candidates who have an offer from ANY other IIM are being accounted for? :::Sir, i dont think that its possible that only 137 out of 300 have an offer from any other IIM, this means remaining (163) have an offer from only B, which is impossible... And wouldnt 49 be too small a number being covered if 137 have an IIMA convert? :::: Yeah, even i agree with this, see my post above, thats why i have inferred that, if they are talking about a particular IIM, then it has to be C. Actually I feel if "an" was missing in the above sentence in the IIM B Admission Notice then it would have been referring to a particular IIM :::: Now i can see, why IIMs have VA section in CAT, the whole statement changes with a slight change in the sentence.... ps: I withdraw from this thread, atb to all wait listers....

Hi,

I will not be joining IIMB (Joining A or C, not decided yet).