IIM Bangalore- one year fulltime programme (EPGP)- Appplication process and beyond

Some info is available on IIMB website too:

Fee's for the programme is INR 18.75 lacks (inclusive of single person accommodation) and INR 19.70 lacks (for married student housing). The expenditure on food, for a single a person, is estimated at INR 1 lack. This expenditure on food is to be borne by the students in addition to the programme fee above.

Online Application opens onSeptember 15, 2008
1st Deadline for receipt of Applications October 15, 2008
2nd Deadline for receipt of ApplicationsDecember 1, 2008
Interview for 1st DeadlineNovember 1-15,2008
Interview for 2nd DeadlineJanuary 1-15, 2009
Offer letter for 1st DeadlineNovember 20, 2008
Offer letter for 2nd DeadlineJanuary 20, 2009

Here comes another 'expensive' one year MBA. 😃 This year people have more choices than last year. Lets hope everyone finds a place somewhere.. :). I am still not sure if I would be deemed eligible for this or not as I have almost 6.5 years of exp but do have a M.S from US. I hope they consider post-graduation education and relax work ex requirements accordingly, just like IIMA. Anyway..good luck to all.

Some info is available on IIMB website too:

Fee's for the programme is INR 18.75 lacks (inclusive of single person accommodation) and INR 19.70 lacks (for married student housing). The expenditure on food, for a single a person, is estimated at INR 1 lack. This expenditure on food is to be borne by the students in addition to the programme fee above.

Online Application opens onSeptember 15, 2008
1st Deadline for receipt of Applications October 15, 2008
2nd Deadline for receipt of ApplicationsDecember 1, 2008
Interview for 1st DeadlineNovember 1-15,2008
Interview for 2nd DeadlineJanuary 1-15, 2009
Offer letter for 1st DeadlineNovember 20, 2008
Offer letter for 2nd DeadlineJanuary 20, 2009

18.75 for singles and 19.7 lacs for family acco. Considering that it is going to be the first batch, it looks really very expensive. And 1 lac rupees for food for 10~11 months(5 weeks being internship) looks way to expensive. Not sure what they are planning to feed

I really doubt about their preparedness for this program. Not too long ago, when they first posted the news in their website, they mentioned the min exp required as 5 years and avg age as 26~28. In few weeks they revised the info to specify min exp as 7 yrs and avg age to 29~30.

cached page of the old info posted at IIMB website can still be accessed from here

They may or may not require SOP/Reco although they had initially mentioned in the above link about the same.

I think it is purely money making tactics from the word GO. Not even waiting to see the outcome of the program for a year or so.

Given that IIMA & C, running the program for a couple of years, they already know the nitty-gritties. So makes sense for them to revise the price, course etc., etc.,

May be, they still need the SOP and Referral Letter.

One of the dummy application link shows a page where you need to upload these 2 documents.

The website does not provide adequate information like IIMA.

Cheers!!!

smp123

Referral letters are supposed to be confidential and IIMB wants us to scan and upload them? This is ridiculous. Also, their online application is also limited in flexibility. I mean you cannot enter an international contact address, how come guys outside India supposed to apply? Middle name is a mandatory field.. 😃 So, I guess I have to change my name to add a middle name just for IIMB app. 😃 I hope they fix these issues soon as app time for 1st deadline is just one month.

Why one has to complete all the info before she starts to upload essays/enter GMAT score? This is ridiculous. The online application doesn't allow you to proceed unless you complete the previous steps.

Biggest loophole is once logged into the system, you can copy the URL and paste it in a different m/c or browser to see the application where you had earlier left. No authentication required :-)

also there are no flexibility to navigate back and forth between various sections. huh!

doesn't allow to save the exp details. it refreshes the same page itself with empty form :-)

this is just the small list. there could be many more issues....

There are lots of issues..:) You can't add your foreign education as it doesn't let you enter GPA. There is no option for telephonic interview for guys outside India. They were quick to set the fee to 20L but didn't even spend few thousands for a better application system.

Why one has to complete all the info before she starts to upload essays/enter GMAT score? This is ridiculous. The online application doesn't allow you to proceed unless you complete the previous steps.

Biggest loophole is once logged into the system, you can copy the URL and paste it in a different m/c or browser to see the application where you had earlier left. No authentication required :-)

also there are no flexibility to navigate back and forth between various sections. huh!

doesn't allow to save the exp details. it refreshes the same page itself with empty form :-)

this is just the small list. there could be many more issues....
thecrab2000 Says
Referral letters are supposed to be confidential and IIMB wants us to scan and upload them?

What a joke :-)

I really doubt if IIMB has done its home work properly or they seem to have just jumped the gun trying to catch-up with others.

BTW, no attachment is mandatory(at least there was no * mark against any ). It allows to proceed to the payment section.

Even the application fee is higher than IIMC. It is 3000 bucks.

Accommodation is optional. It says they can arrange for an accommodation in nearby areas. Looks like IIMB would make their cut in this too :-), jus kidding.

with the financial markets tumbling all over the world and hence directly affecting the other services sectors, primarily IT. It would really be a BIG challenge to place people upto their expectations.

To top it all, they have a stringent requirement of 7 years minimum experience!! I checked with their office and they replied that anything less won't do 😞 !!

A few more unanswered queries:

(a) No details on the number of seats offered
(b) Relevance of two cycles and their admit ratio
(c) E-Brochure is still under construction
(d) No guidelines on the referral and how do they confirm the authenticity (could not find any refree details anywhere in the application form)
(e) No information on the contact sessions

above queries have now been answered as per the updated information on the iim-b website.

well..its not new process..I guess they were using it for their PGSEM program, but EPGP is different than PGSEM and they failed to foresee the problems that would come for EPGP applicants. But the problems are so basic that this process shouldn't have passed the basic 'smell' test :). I am sure people must have sent them emails about it so, hopefully some issues would be fixed soon.

A few more unanswered queries:

(a) No details on the number of seats offered
(b) Relevance of two cycles and their admit ratio
(c) E-Brochure is still under construction
(d) No guidelines on the referral and how do they confirm the authenticity (could not find any refree details anywhere in the application form)
(e) No information on the contact sessions

Crab / Axyz3 ... you guys are right ... seems iim-b is yet to test the application portal and has opened the application process.

I think IIMB couldn't wait to do the homework and put up the plan in a hurry.
You can't even go back and edit the previously filled details.They ask to create a new account.Wasting server space?ridiculous...
I came to know about the expense from this forum.Too much and no explanation to justify the amount.
There are some writing issue as well.In the application form somewhere there should be" be a" and they have mentioned "bea".They just couldn't wait to make money.I am really surprised with the money factor.They are competing with ISB and IIMA in terms of money before even the first admit.Thought of writing a big mail to them. But you all saved my time by posting your comments and thoughts. Thank you all.

well..i'm out of the application process...they are not willing to relax the 7 years work ex limit although I have a M.S from US and unlike IIMA they don't want to relax work ex limit for guys with advanced degrees. Good Luck to all.

The application form is worse. If they cant manage the online application properly, they could have given a word document to be downloaded (just like IIMC).

Are there any essays to be written? If so, please post the topics here.

I think IIMB couldn't wait to do the homework and put up the plan in a hurry.
You can't even go back and edit the previously filled details.They ask to create a new account.Wasting server space?ridiculous...
I came to know about the expense from this forum.Too much and no explanation to justify the amount.
There are some writing issue as well.In the application form somewhere there should be" be a" and they have mentioned "bea".They just couldn't wait to make money.I am really surprised with the money factor.They are competing with ISB and IIMA in terms of money before even the first admit.Thought of writing a big mail to them. But you all saved my time by posting your comments and thoughts. Thank you all.

Has anyone contacted adcom for the issues in online form ? Have they replied ? Middle name is mandatory in the form and I am not in any mood to add a middle name just for IIMB.

deepak75 Says
Are there any essays to be written? If so, please post the topics here.

From the online application it looks that you only have to submit SOP and reco. no other essays.

Has IIMB prescribed any format or minimum information required in recommendations. Any idea how they are going to validate its authencity?

This is what I got as reply from EPGP office

Pls help me, I have few questions regarding online application:

(1) After entering the role and responsibility under work experience, I do not see it in table when I add new entry. (it is blank)
Please relogin and check. If problem persists we will check on it.

(2) Is there any template for recommendation? Should it be signed by recommending person? (there is option to upload word format - does it mean one can upload soft copy received from recommendind person?). Number of recommendation?
NO TEMPLATE FOR RECOMMENDATION. YOU NEED TO SCAN THE HARDCOPY AND UPLOAD. ONE ONLY.
(2) Under GMAT section: do I need to provide total GMAT score?
YES