IIM Bangalore: Interview Shortlists for 2013-15 Batch

Hello Puys,IIM B Shortlist for Interview is out :You are being redirected... the best :slight_smile: :: --------------------------------- EDIT BY PG MOD --------------------------------------------------*Additional Info *_(provided…

Hello Puys,

IIM B Shortlist for Interview is out :

http://www.iimb.ernet.in/node/3548

All the best :)

--------------------------------- EDIT BY PG MOD --------------------------------------------------

Additional Info (provided by IIM Media Cell)

The Media Cell @IIMB congratulates all the shortlisted candidates for making it through to the next round!

As all of you might be aware, the competition for those coveted seats at your dream institute only gets tougher from here. We therefore urge you to indulge in sound preparation for interview/WAT for the next few weeks.

The following repository of past years' experiences can be useful as a starting point:

2012:www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-an...

2011:www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-an...

2010:www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-an...

2009:www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-an...

2008:www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-an...

Details of the various programs that IIMB offers through the CAT can be found at:
PGP: www.iimb.ernet.in/pgp
FPM/Doctoral Programme: www.iimb.ernet.in/doctoral/admissions
To get a sneak-peak into the life at IIM Bangalore:

Official Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/iimbangalore
Official Twitter Handle: www.twitter.com/iim_bangalore
Institute Short Film:

We are also in the process of compiling a list of FAQs and their answers and will share them shortly. We request you to go through the contents of this thread once again as you might find some of your queries answered by @abhi.iimb or other current students.

Good luck!

Sorry! You have not been shortlisted. Thank you for your interest in applying to IIM B

Not in at

OA - 98.36
QA - 94.13
VA - 98.71

X - 81.2
XII - 83.4
Btech - 7.55 GPA

20 months of work-ex with HCL Tech

Haven't been shortlisted at 99.92 overall with sectionals at 97.50 and 99.99 respectively in Quant And verbal. 95% in Xth and 91.6% in XIIth and 70.3% in graduation( BA H Economics) No work-ex. I can't believe it. Second reject of the day. What more can I do besides bashing my head against a wall.

Seems grad score is making huge diff. 😞

@shuklas12 said:
Not in atOA - 98.36QA - 94.13VA - 98.71X - 81.2XII - 83.4Btech - 7.55 GPA20 months of work-ex with HCL Tech
Quite surprising. I have a similar profile - higher in work exp and X/XII . Slightly lower in B E . I was under the impression that the first shortlist of IIMB would be more inclusive.

But in BA, 70 is considered great. I really don't know what to do. I feel devastated. I had an offer from the ISB YLP thing and was expecting atleast BCL calls. I had almost thought I wasnt going to the ISB. But whatever. Life sucks and then you die.

@shubham_agar Dis is really heart breaking....but C, L still to go....keep ur hopes high...

Not in at
OA: 99.97 sectionals 99.92 and 99.51 respectively
X : 92.6 XII: 83.2 Grad: 80.64
:(

@shubham_agar : U will 99.99% get a call from C. Dont loose hope yaar 😃 Long way to go :)

Jo call aa jaye just go and crack it :)

@MasterOfTheTige lets wait for the other IIMs, any idea of what v r supposed 2 do for IIM-ranchi? They have asked only shortlisted candidates to go ahead for the registration.
@smritimaurya Hey thanks :)
But if I get just one call, I dont rate my conversion chances high. This is what I have been genuinely telling everyone who congratulated me on my score. Its of no use until you convert. Sigh.
@shubham_agar said:
@smritimaurya Hey thanks But if I get just one call, I dont rate my conversion chances high. This is what I have been genuinely telling everyone who congratulated me on my score. Its of no use until you convert. Sigh.
Shocking. Your case unusual. Do you have any work exp?
@shuklas12 said:
@MasterOfTheTige lets wait for the other IIMs, any idea of what v r supposed 2 do for IIM-ranchi? They have asked only shortlisted candidates to go ahead for the registration.
Let them release that shortlist first.
@RanuKhade I certainly hope. Otherwise, it'll be a total waste. :(

Not in at:-

OA 99.6 (Q-95.5, V-99.88)
W/Ex- 3mths
Boards- XII-93.3, X-93
Grad- BTech 7.7 cgpa
Post Grad- MTech 8.5 cgpa
Male/GEN
Now looking at the profiles of those who are rejected (@shubham_agar , @surbhit05) i guess i didnt deserve it either.. Can I get a call from C or any others? Please help...

has any body received a mail from IIM Ranchi regarding getting shortlisted? If not, shall we go ahead and fill the registration for PGDM?

@MasterOfTheTige Nope. but I thought I'd get high scores in Xth and XIIth and grad parameters and make it. But apparently, 70 in Economics is not enough. Maybe they dont normalize for different streams. I don't know.