IIM Bangalore - EPGP: Interview Shortlist and beyond

Hi Guys, This new thread is for shortlisted candidates of E-PGP to post their profiles, interview dates, location etc… and also discussion regarding interview preparations. This thread would then be a source of shortlisted batch profi…

Hi Guys,

This new thread is for shortlisted candidates of E-PGP to post their profiles, interview dates, location etc... and also discussion regarding interview preparations.

This thread would then be a source of shortlisted batch profiles which would be helpful for next year's aspirants.

Thanks.

Lets get going....

Lets talk about interview venue, attire, preparation etc.,

I have to take the interview over the phone.But I have mentioned my venue as Kolkata and Delhi.

I have already informed them that I stay in US and asked for telephonic interview

My profile : 720/8+ yrs / IT (fin. domain) / M

Lets start putting up ideas in the run up to the interview - current affairs : the global bailouts, plans of bailing out the indian pvt carriers, Indo-US 123 deal ...

One thing for sure, with a 7+ yr workex filter the EPGP is likely to be the most mature amongst the 1 yr programs.

I think the interview should have considerable weightage considering that the form didn't have much and everyone seems to have got a call

good luck to all selected candidates...

Any of you guys planning to join incase you get the final call? There is no credibility. They even did not publish elective courses. It took them a day to shortlist candidated. Thats cool. But I feel it is money minting business. How can I justify 18.5 lakh? Can anybody answer me??

Well guys,

Lets share our profiles

Mines as under

Class XII - 87.5 %
BE Mech - 74.3 %
Work Ex - 13 years
Marketing in Oil PSU / Energy Sector
GMAT - 640
ECA's - v.Good
Recos & Essays - V. Good

Please do post all your's so that we may get to know our profiles

VK

devsam Says
Any of you guys planning to join incase you get the final call? There is no credibility. They even did not publish elective courses. It took them a day to shortlist candidated. Thats cool. But I feel it is money minting business. How can I justify 18.5 lakh? Can anybody answer me??

There is enough credibility on IIMB and many of their similar programs. Although EPGP is new program, the course content, course delivery, course planning & scheduling etc., are not something that have never experienced so far...

Take a look at the other programs (executive) that IIMB offers as on today. It is very rich in content. As I mentioned earlier (read my post here), it is going to be one of the most superior programs in India. EPGP is just another name to what they have been doing for many years by imparting executive education(I'm not talking about PGP program). Take a look at their PGSEM or PGPPM program. They have been doing it all for many years now.

So don't fret over credibility. I would even choose IIMB over IIMC. But the only dampening factor is the course fees. It is way too high - 20 Lacs for married students. I only hope that they compensate the fee by providing some attractive scholarships...
My profile : 720/8+ yrs / IT (fin. domain) / M

One thing for sure, with a 7+ yr workex filter the EPGP is likely to be the most mature amongst the 1 yr programs.

Fully agree. Moreover, studying with such experienced people will widen the perspectives and challenge to deliver the best. One thing that was IIMB did best is making the program fully residential from the earlier OPTIONAL status. It matters a lot. In a residential program, you get more time to spend/interact with people - which is very important in this executive program.

Lastly, those who are in technology sector and intend to stay in the same, this program will be the best in this country. Being in Bangalore, puts it in a much advantaged position than any of the other competing schools in terms of industry exposure/collaboration/industry talks/job prospects.

I think the interview should have considerable weightage considering that the form didn't have much and everyone seems to have got a call

good luck to all selected candidates...

I would think so. Interviews will carry more weightage. It will be mostly focussed on the work experience & Career Goals. Since this is the first batch we are deprived of the opportunity to learn from the experiences of previous batches....

Lets keep sharing our opinions on various topics....

Hi folks,

first time mailer on this website. Got an email yesterday saying i am shortlisted and the details of the interview would be communicated to you shortly.

My profile
- 9.5+ experience in telecom technologies with experience in both engineering and business development roles. Currently Senior Product Manager in a leading telecom product company.
- BTech from IITD(EE), average grades
- Good extra curriculum record during campus
- GMAT 680/5.5
- Purpose to do Ex MBA - be more skillful to start and lead my own enterprise. Or get into a challenging and leadership role of strategy/sales in next-gen internet/communication technology company.

I have certain doubt on IIMB's preparedness for next year EPGP. They launched application process in hurry. Whole online application process had many issues. At the end my online payment failed twice in the middle of transaction.

Asking for 3000/- as application fee for an less than smooth online application process is bit too much. I would say its unreasonable.

And then they shortlisted candidates within few hours after closing of last day. My guess is they couldn't attract many applications or they really want to catch up IIMA on timeline so that they kind of put people (getting admissions from both IIMA and IIMB) in confusion to take a decision.

laslty close to 18-20 lacs of fee, again really unreasonable. They think they would be comparable to IIMA in their quality and output from very first year.

Though i have submitted my application and will attend interview, i seriously doubt their intentions of starting EPGP course this year. Money seems to be primary reason. Otherwise i think they should have taken 1-2 months extra to prepare well for the process and could have planned their session to start in may or june just for first year.

Anyways lets see how things turn out. I think people who would fail to get into IIMA would be the main group of people aiming for IIMB.

regards,
-nitin

I have also applied to IIM Banglore and have been shortlisted.

I have also applied to IIM Banglore and have been shortlisted. My profile is:
GMAT 740, Work Ex 14 years.
Sub Inspector in Delhi Police.
Did my Hons. in Maths from Delhi University in 1994. Have been first class throughout.

Nice to see a police office vying for a bschool position. Not many police officers would be even aware of GMAT!

I'm sure you will make the cut. Why don't you describe your experiences and how/why you chose to go for bschool? what is the career you are looking at post MBA?

Really, some thing to learn from your experiences....

received a mail yesterday saying i was shortlisted...no details of the interview...chosen chennai as opt 1

GMAT 700/ awa 6
Workex : 6 yrs, 11 months, 16 days as on April 2009
Auto - 3 yrs
Aero - 3 yrs
Profile : Sourcing

I have certain doubt on IIMB's preparedness for next year EPGP. They launched application process in hurry. Whole online application process had many issues. At the end my online payment failed twice in the middle of transaction.

Asking for 3000/- as application fee for an less than smooth online application process is bit too much. I would say its unreasonable.

Fully agree. I also voiced similar concerns before. The whole thing looks more like a money making practice than anything else!

And then they shortlisted candidates within few hours after closing of last day. My guess is they couldn't attract many applications or they really want to catch up IIMA on timeline so that they kind of put people (getting admissions from both IIMA and IIMB) in confusion to take a decision.

Yes, for sure they are targeting common pool of applicants who apply to other top programs

laslty close to 18-20 lacs of fee, again really unreasonable. They think they would be comparable to IIMA in their quality and output from very first year.

Yes, course fee is way too high. Did you look at the break-up? They charge 1 Lac for food per person per year(not even a year since people will go on internship/vacation). I heard ISB charges 60K only.

Though i have submitted my application and will attend interview, i seriously doubt their intentions of starting EPGP course this year. Money seems to be primary reason. Otherwise i think they should have taken 1-2 months extra to prepare well for the process and could have planned their session to start in may or june just for first year.

Anyways lets see how things turn out. I think people who would fail to get into IIMA would be the main group of people aiming for IIMB.

Actually, I feel despite all these teething issues, the program will still be good. Since in terms of course content/pedagogy/delivery it will hardly be any different than the other executive programs that they have been conducting viz., PGSEM, PGPMP and few global executive programs in partnership with INSEAD, SDA Bocconi & UCLA.

Lets wait and see how this process rolls out! Also lets see if IIMB offers any scholarships!

Got shortlisted for interview.
11 years IT / telecom software; gmat 730/6

Did anybody notice the online submitted application form? It says

Indian Institue Of Management Bangalore Executive Post-Graduation Program in Management (EPGP) (Bangalore) Application Form for session Begining June 2009

Is this June 2009 actually a mistake? Or am I the only one whose form displays June 2009 date?

Is there anyone in this forum who had applied to IIMB EPGP R1 and not got shorlisted? I seriously doubt that :wink:. I think the applications have not been that many and the interviews will make a lot of difference.
-RK

Did anybody notice the online submitted application form? It says

Indian Institue Of Management Bangalore Executive Post-Graduation Program in Management (EPGP) (Bangalore) Application Form for session Begining June 2009

Is this June 2009 actually a mistake? Or am I the only one whose form displays June 2009 date?

if there are not many applicants then on the contrary even interviews may not be that decisive....

basic demand and supply problem...IIMB will not have many choices.. so if they don't want to leave seats vacant they will have less stringent criteria during interviews..

And i think IIMB would be using elimination process rather than selection process.

I am sorry guys. I feel you are underestimating IIM-B. IIM-B will announce the result perhaps even before ISB and hence can get really good guys. IIM-L NC, however, will have tough time.