IIM Bangalore [2011-2013] PGP Waitlist Thread

I’m sure there are a lot of people on the wait-list who are very anxious about their admissions status. Some facts: 2010-2012 Batch: Gen movement till 26-27 (acc to seniors at Pagalguy) 2009-2011 Batch: Gen movement till 97! 2008-2010…

I'm sure there are a lot of people on the wait-list who are very anxious about their admissions status.

Some facts:
2010-2012 Batch: Gen movement till 26-27 (acc to seniors at Pagalguy)
2009-2011 Batch: Gen movement till 97!
2008-2010 Batch: Gen movement till 41 (my exact WL number!)

Another important factor to consider: number of buffer calls - IIMC seems to have made quite a few of them this year. Not sure about Bangalore.

Please share any info you may have (seniors do give us advise) because these are emotionally trying times for a lot of us.

Hope to convert. Wishing all of you waitlisters the best of luck.

@Mods: I'm not sure if these topics have traditionally been discussed on a separate thread on PG, so do the needful.

hey man I m w/l 13 in Gen.....finger crossed

@helllrosa: Barring an unusually huge number of buffer calls, I don't see how you won't make it. Don't celebrate just yet, but this is not bad news.

One puy apparently got info from the Admissions office that there are no buffer calls this year. Hope he has accurate information because that means many more wl converts!

innovate Says
One puy apparently got info from the Admissions office that there are no buffer calls this year. Hope he has accurate information because that means many more wl converts!

what do you mean by buffer calls..??

mine wl-30 in NC-OBC. any chance??

mine wl-20 in SC category...is there anyy chances to get through....seniors or whoever hav any knowledge or guesses abt this please help!!!

Hey Puys!
May seem out of place, but still those having an early waitlist or convert: Please update the FMS Waitlist (General Category) tracker.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CNvC1IUO#gid=0

Thanks! :cheerio:

i think evrybdy on waitlist hv received the emailfr confrmtion..
did anybdy received acknowledge after replying his confirmation....

i think evrybdy on waitlist hv received the emailfr confrmtion..
did anybdy received acknowledge after replying his confirmation....

Hey i am WL 19 in GEN category... On the verge so keeping fingers crossed :S

Did you guys also mention correspondence address in the mail?

Hey i am WL 19 in GEN category... On the verge so keeping fingers crossed :S

Did you guys also mention correspondence address in the mail?

they hv asked fr only email id nd contact no...

I sent my response to their mail day before yesterday, but no acknowledgement yet.

Hey I just replied to the same mail.

make this thread active yaar..!!

Did any one get any info regarding possible movement from seniors/office?

I called them up too.. They said college will start around June 20th but refused to disclose any info about buffer/waitlist movement. Seems IIMC has about 52 buffer calls. Any idea about IIMA?

shinigami88 Says
I called them up too.. They said college will start around June 20th but refused to disclose any info about buffer/waitlist movement. Seems IIMC has about 52 buffer calls. Any idea about IIMA?

can some one clarify the concept of Buffer calls?
as in...if Institute A has 200 seats.....and it gives 52 buffer calls....it'll give confirmed admit to 252 students....is it?...hoping that ppl will opt out for sure...but say if just 40 ppl drop out...then will they increase the batch size to accommodate 212!!?

yes. iimc has 190 seats.. and 242 ppl were offered confirmed admits.. which means they expect atleast 52 ppl to drop out.. in 2009 i think the number of ppl who confirmed were > total number of seats. thats when they got themselves into some controversies. but no idea why they continue the practice. they can always have a larger waitlist instead.

But then C has also reduced its waitlist (last tym 150 in general) to i think 42 odd... I dont think B would have issued that many buffer calls given that the waitlist is still 50 like last yr. But then we never know :S