IIM B Waitlist

Hey ppl, I called up IIM-B today and asked about my wailist number … My waitlist number is 30. Anyone having an idea of the waitlist cleared last yr ? I have a final admit from IIM-C ( both PGDM and PGDCM ) and IIM-I. If i get thru IIM-B i…

Hey ppl,

I called up IIM-B today and asked about my wailist number .... My waitlist number is 30. Anyone having an idea of the waitlist cleared last yr ? I have a final admit from IIM-C ( both PGDM and PGDCM ) and IIM-I. If i get thru IIM-B i will join it ... otherwise IIM-C. plz respond.

Mihir

edit:typo in title

I don't want to discourage you, but satin incarnate (bgcx) posted in another thread that one of his friends had WL no. 15 last year and didn't get a final call from B.

😞 😞 😞 ... dont tell me

mihir
theking Says
My waitlist number is 30. Anyone having an idea of the waitlist cleared last yr ? I have a final admit from IIM-C ( both PGDM and PGDCM ) and IIM-I. If i get thru IIM-B i will join it ... otherwise IIM-C. plz respond.

For the starters ... It would be a wrong perception that IIMC is even a pich below IIMB .

Besides if you sneak arnd the forum a bit more then u'll find a trend of greater overlap in the number of conversions this year ... so iff the number of main calls is the same (or less) as last year in case of IIMB, then sure there are chances of the waiting list being opened and running for confirmations into double digits :wink:

Anyhow I do hope that u guyz get the institute of your choice 😁 or else the opportunity to make the best of what you have

Abhishek
abhi_jain Says
My waitlist number is 30. Anyone having an idea of the waitlist cleared last yr ? I have a final admit from IIM-C ( both PGDM and PGDCM ) and IIM-I. If i get thru IIM-B i will join it ... otherwise IIM-C. plz respond.

For the starters ... It would be a wrong perception that IIMC is even a pich below IIMB .

Abhishek

never said that IIM-C was a tad lower than IIM-B ... but Calcutta is definitely lower than Bangalore .... perhaps thats a factor in influencing my decision ... and perhaps some things more .....

anyway ... any info on last yrs cleared waitlist ?

Mihir
theking Says

Abhishek

never said that IIM-C was a tad lower than IIM-B ... but Calcutta is definitely lower than Bangalore .... perhaps thats a factor in influencing my decision ... and perhaps some things more .....

anyway ... any info on last yrs cleared waitlist ?

Mihir

Last year IIMB didnt open the waitlist as per the admissions office. This time they have sent 271 calls for 200 seats. Anyone having info on how many calls Bangalore sent last year?

./AT
ulysses Says
Last year IIMB didnt open the waitlist as per the admissions office. This time they have sent 271 calls for 200 seats. Anyone having info on how many calls Bangalore sent last year?

Last year: 180 SEATS, 340+ CALLS, WAITING LIST 'did not open', 220+ INTAKE

This Year: 200 SEATS, 270+ CALLS, WAITING LIST 'can't say', INTAKE 'yet to be seen'

Crucial difference: Greater overlap in conversions (i.e. ppl with IIM A+B or IIM C+B) and a trend favoring IIMC over IIMB this year
Abhishek

some hope 😃

Mihir

Hi,

Could someone tell when is the last date for submitting fees for IIMB.

Regards,

AT

Any updates on Waitlist ?

Mihir

Any updates on Waitlist ?

Mihir

Hi,

Talked to IIMB admissions office today. They said that out of the 271 offers made, only around 100 have confirmed as of today. There are 220 seats and around 120 yet to be filled. They asked to call on 28th morning to confirm.

However when you see the IIMB egroup for the batch of 2004-06, there are around 190 people registered. Cannot figure out this contradiction.

Regards,

./AT

very very interesting .......... well i emailed them and their reply was that they would be able to tell anything about waitlist only on 28th. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Mihir

reason for the gap between the number of people who have already paid there fees(100) and who are a member of the iimb e-group(189)is-
since 28th=last day for fees payment,some people's fees may not have reached iimb.. :wink:

and second reason cud be large no. of seniors in iimb egroup.

and the third reason is :
many IIMA + IIMB guys are registered on iimb yahhogroup too :)
they certainly wont pay !
Mohit

today i called up again ... till today ( 26 ) 144 ppl had paid ... and my waitlist had moved up to 21 from 30 ( they asked for confirmation of witlist .. so 9 ppl above me did not confirm waitlist ) Well the lady said anything could happen ... check on 28th evening or saturday morning ....

further .. the results link on IIM-B page is gone .... well keeping my fingers crossed ...

Mihir

Dear Mihir
Isn't 28th(Fri) the last day for the confirmation by ppl who make the final list from the waitlist? If we find out on Sat then we are already a day late. Have u found out anything on this?
Regds
Singleclik

hi mihir
cud u plz let me know d no. on which u called since when i called up they said its against the policy of iims to give waitlist no.
hoping for a reply soon or nervousness wud take d better of me

well 28th isnt the last date for waitlisters to confirm ..... i think it is the last date of ppl from first list to pay up. ( i suppose ) as far as the waitlist number is concerned, the person at IIMB told me without any issues my waitlist number. Also u must have got the waitlist confirmation letter, the letter number ( the last number at the end of Ref no ) is ur waitlist number, Further u just call IIM-B admissions office and they will tell u your waitlist number i suppose. number is same given on website 080--26993013 ( this is direct admissions office of IIM-B )

Mihir

PS: if anyuone gets any new news ... kindly post it here