IIM Ahmedabad Day Zero Placements!!

IIM Ahmedabad Final Recruitments 2005 March 16, Ahmedabad Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) began its final recruitment process on March 14th for the Batch of 2003 2005. The number of Day Zero offers, including Pre-Plac…

IIM Ahmedabad Final Recruitments 2005

March 16, Ahmedabad Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA) began its final recruitment process on March 14th for the Batch of 2003 2005. The number of Day Zero offers, including Pre-Placement Offers (PPOs), more than doubled to 86 from 41 last year. The number of acceptances was 58, up 61% from 36 last year.

IIMA: Global recruitment destination

The Day 0 recruitments reaffirm the credibility that the IIMA brand enjoys worldwide. Not only were existing strong relationships with international companies continued but new relationships were also forged. Several new international companies came down to recruit IIMA graduates this year. There were 18 companies offering international jobs on Day 0 as compared to 13 across all days last year. The list of companies offering Day 0 jobs is given in Table 1.

Increased job diversity

The job profiles on offer broke new ground from the traditional consulting and investment banking profiles of earlier years. Hedge funds, private equity firms and large multinational companies came to recruit from campus for the first time.

Companies recognised and gave credit for previous work experience of students by making them lateral offers. Middle management level offers were made by both consulting and investment banking companies.

Astronomical salaries

Along with increase in jobs, the pay packages also increased substantially from last year. The highest entry-level salary for an India posting was Rs.13 lakhs and the highest entry-level salary abroad was US$110,000. The highest salary was US$152,000 for a lateral hire in an investment bank.

The days ahead

Recruitments 2005 have begun on an exceptionally high note, underscoring IIMAs increasing global presence and recognition as a world class Business School. The next few days will see jobs being offered in Finance, Marketing, Retail Banking, FMCG, IT and General Management. A number of new companies, both Indian and overseas, are expected to participate.

As the Recruitment Cell readies to successfully complete the placement process for the first larger batch of 250, the excitement and euphoria are well justified and sure to continue for the rest of the placement week.

Table 1: List of Day 0 Recruiters
  1. Archeus Capital
  2. AT Kearney
  3. Bain & Co.
  4. Barclays Capital
  5. Boston Consulting Group
  6. Booz Allen Hamilton
  7. Capital One
  8. General Motors
  9. Goldman Sachs
  10. Deutsche Bank
  11. HSBC
  12. International Finance Corporation
  13. JP Morgan
  14. Lehman Brothers
  15. LNM Group
  16. Marakon Associates
  17. McKinsey & Co.
  18. Merrill Lynch
  19. Morgan Stanley
  20. Temasek Holdings
  21. UBS

Simply astonishing. Hedge Funds... Thats so sexy.

Since you are there Sak-Z can you find out for us what exactly are the foreign companies looking for in the candidates from an indian school.
Ofcourse more important... what the hell does it take to get in this school can be send to only me thro email... haha...

Dont forget to add later the juice on the flip side, like the lowest salary, the salary most people seem to be getting...
ranking in class at the school, CAT score and the job any connections here...

have fun,
K

gud going for us too like other campuses... ..but thn yea more or less along expected lines given the booming economy !!....
jus wanted to add (esp for the sake of oldies) our Philip tj wud be joining lehmann at New York ! :)

more when i can get individual details...dont want to repeat stuff given in the ETs and expresses of the world...

Couple of Clarifications (in the light of some PMs/mails i got)

1. The 65 lakh salary was obv not INR....there was some dumb ass (actually a close friend of mine) who asked if a senior of mine really got half crore as salary in India... ...

2. take a rough PPP of 13-15 if ur still interested in seeing equivalence in INdian currency....

3. Our placements are scheduled over week........we can't place our batch in 2 hours and 45 minutes like a lot of other "schools" do .....we're ranked last in tht "parameter".:) ..so this is not the "final" figure....as in the whole batch is not yet placed....

Hey good to hear about Phillip TJ joining Lehmann brothers. For those who joined in late (as Phantom comics would go) he was one of the "core" members of PG in it inception in the late 2002, early 2003. He was a legend in CAT cicles during prep time and went on to prove that by scoring a 100%ile.

Arun
He was a legend in CAT cicles during prep time and went on to prove that by scoring a 100%ile.

Juss to add onto that, he is a legend in IIM-A too, the current top-ranker in his batch :-).

ranjan
gud going for us too like other campuses... ..but thn yea more or less along expected lines given the booming economy !!....
jus wanted to add (esp for the sake of oldies) our Philip tj wud be joining lehmann at New York ! :)

more when i can get individual details...dont want to repeat stuff given in the ETs and expresses of the world...

Finallythrough is also joining Lehman NY with me. Guess we would have a PG gang there with Lyndon already there.

Poltergist is going to HP Bangalore.

How are things at other places?
Finallythrough is also joining Lehman NY with me. Guess we would have a PG gang there with Lyndon already there.

HP Bangalore? is it HP india software operations? I am working here... :-)

btw, whats the assigment there/here?

-amith

Hey Philips, Congrats pal 😃 And congratulations to Rakesh too 😃

Hehe, sure sounds a pagal gang @ Lehman

Cheers
what exactly are the foreign companies looking for in the candidates from an indian school.
Ofcourse more important... what the hell does it take to get in this school can be send to only me thro email... haha...

I think Philip is the right person to give you the advice. What say I-Schol #1?:smile:

BTW one more encomium to d'gawd Phil. He is one of those few who without the IIT/CA tag do great in Fin world. He is a legend in the FORM and FRAV classes usually dominated by CAs.

The time is not far when he'll grace the covers of the likes of WSJ for the right reasons.:bigups:

All the best, Achayans!!
HP Bangalore? is it HP india software operations? I am working here... :-)

btw, whats the assigment there/here?

-amith

I guess it was HP S&M;, whatever it means. HP GIDC also came here. Not much idea about what work they do (You probably have a better idea), but I guess the roles where mostly of a marketing one and a general consulting one, mostly on tech side. You could wait for Rakesh to tell what exactly the role is

BTW one more encomium to d'gawd Phil. He is one of those few who without the IIT/CA tag do great in Fin world. He is a legend in the FORM and FRAV classes usually dominated by CAs.

LOL...

Perceptions do matter at times ;-)

It is true that I did well in the FORM classes, but then FRAV is something which I got as a bonus now 😉 .... I havent taken that subject ... Anyways I dont mind those good comments
LOL...

Perceptions do matter at times ;-)

It is true that I did well in the FORM classes, but then FRAV is something which I got as a bonus now 😉 .... I havent taken that subject ... Anyways I dont mind those good comments

For us non b Schoolers what is FORM and FRAV????
hi
got into HP S&M;(sales and mktg). hopefully my posting will be in blore pubs, papa is coming
had attended an interview for Progeon for a better role which they had..
awaiting results for that one... Placements going very well here
Will post details as soon as they r done..
regards,
poltergeist
For us non b Schoolers what is FORM and FRAV????

p.s errr..with my limited knowledge FRAV is Financial Reporting, Analysis and Valuation and FORM is Futures Options & Risk Management ...

any idea where Rajjat Gulati from second year is going????

Anish

Rajjat Gulati has been placed in Castrol.
Yours truely is going to work with Mr. & Mrs Adi Godrej. Yeah am joining there for sales & marketing func which was my ist preference.
Will be reporting in Mumbai city, pay package is also among best for Sales & mark. profile across India.
Lets c how it goes!
Ne queries, would try to answer.
Regards
Anuj

hi guys, this is abhijeet. just to say hello to u all MBA's out there.
beware, guys a new revolution is coming ur way. the name is ABHIJEET

duh ?? WTF is this ?

A serious advice, if you dont wanna get kicked out of this forum.... take one or two months to simply read the threads of this forum..... Learn the etiquettes of this froum..

Ketan
Rajjat Gulati has been placed in Castrol.
Yours truely is going to work with Mr. & Mrs Adi Godrej. Yeah am joining there for sales & marketing func which was my ist preference.
Will be reporting in Mumbai city, pay package is also among best for Sales & mark. profile across India.
Lets c how it goes!
Ne queries, would try to answer.
Regards
Anuj

Hey, congrats Anuj and all da very best 😃

Cheers