IIM admit through GMAT

Hi Wanted to check if someone could through some light on this, Are there ppl who got IIM admits through GMAT ? Or are there ppl who are planning to apply for the next session in 07. If you could pls elaborate on this. Would really appr…

Hi

Wanted to check if someone could through some light on this, Are there ppl who got IIM admits through GMAT ? Or are there ppl who are planning to apply for the next session in 07. If you could pls elaborate on this.

Would really appreciate any response here. I need to know what IIM's are looking for to fill up this tiny fraction of seats for Overseas students, and see if i stand a chance.

About me : Comp Engg. from Bangalore.
Worked as a Supply Chain Consultant for about 1.5 yrs in bangalore, travelled outside on assignments a bit.
Then Got a job with an Investment Bank in Singapore and have been here for the last 10 months. Am doing Funtional stuff here. (Yes, quite a shift!)
Decent Acads. Yet to write the GMAT.

Thanks again.
Cheers
Akshat

http://www.iimcal.ac.in/pgpex/index.asp
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/pgpx/pgpxone.htm

you talking about the PGPEX proramme or the flagship PGP programme admissions thru GMAT??

Avomc: Thanks for the links but was looking to know if you know about the profiles of the ppl who got through. And how many get through each year , because as far as i know the numbers keep changing every year.

Amitnsitian : Am looking for info on PGP the flagship IIM Course.

akshatbirla Says
Am looking for info on PGP the flagship IIM Course.

for this, there are some rules that you should have been abroad for minimum x number of months etc etc.
wat i advice is, mailing the individual IIM reagrding this and get the info.

there were some people on PG who did get thru GMAT for the flagship course . i am just not able to locate their ids..

hey,

it would really be nice if u could tell us, how did u manage to shift ur career to investment banking. its really a very good achievement.
sorry, instead of helping u out i myself have asked u a question:)

thanks in advance

amitsnitian, yes most of the IIM's have their criteria for who is eligible clearly stated on their website, (for those who are not aware of this :
IIM A : "To qualify as an Indian resident abroad, a candidate should be an Indian who expects to live, work or study outside India for at least 12 months continuously as of December 15, 2006"
IIM B : "In order to qualify as an Indian resident abroad, a candidate should have been/expect to be resident outside India for a period of 18 months between 1st January 2004 and 31st December 2006 for acquiring a graduate/ post-graduate degree and/ or working as an executive, and be outside India during the CAT examination"
IIM C : is simalr to IIM A)

But if you could remember the ids of the ones who got through or what their profile was .. that too would help.

ankush_infy : I must admit i was very lucky getting a break like this .. i guess a matter of being at the right place at the right time. And this was the first time they ever hired someone from overseas like this .(I was interviewed via Video confrencing 😉 ). But i guess it was my sheer intrest in I banking that got me the job .. i had no degrees to boast of in Finance, though now i can say i am a CFA level 1 :)), i guess MBA is a definite way to get a career shift or hope for a lucky opening , with so many banks moving to India it will not be hard to find if you have your network in the right place.

akshatbirla Says
But if you could remember the ids of the ones who got through or what their profile was .. that too would help

i tried searching a lot but no luck !

Thanks dude for tryin. Anyone else has any other details they can help with ?