IIM A intr clashing with urgent deliverable in office. SOS

Hi Guys, I have IIM A’s interview on 25 Feb. However, I have a very urgent unavoidable work in office the very same day.:shocked: Damm my SPM told me today itself and categorically said no leaves on 25th.:whatthat: I know it is a…

Hi Guys,

I have IIM A's interview on 25 Feb.

However, I have a very urgent unavoidable work in office the very same day.:shocked:
Damm my SPM told me today itself and categorically said no leaves on 25th.:whatthat:

I know it is almost impossible to take leave on 25th. I cant tell my SPM/PM abt it fr obvious reasons (they will tear me apart if they come to know of it... How I miss my earlier company now )

I know it is stupid but is it possible to reschedule the intr now? any day except 25th will do.. Is there a similar incident in past?

I am clear about my priorities (MBA from IIM's ) but my work profile is also imp as I dont want to waste my hard work of last 6 months in this company,I am getting lots of learning oppr, the work profile will help me in GD/PI stage and it might put me in a spot of bother If I am unable to clear the GD/PI stage.

Please guys, resignation is the last option but I dont want to reach that desparate situation.

I have intrs in march also (for IIMs and other insts) and I will need leaves then also.

Please Help.

Also as i have mentioned if my intr cld be rescheduled it will be even better.

TIA
- Desparado

P.S. Mods I had posted this initially on IIM A queries thread but since its urgent I am starting a new thread, Hope it is at the right place.

Hi Guys,

I have IIM A's interview on 25 Feb.

However, I have a very urgent unavoidable work in office the very same day.:shocked:
Damm my SPM told me today itself and categorically said no leaves on 25th.:whatthat:

I know it is almost impossible to take leave on 25th. I cant tell my SPM/PM abt it fr obvious reasons (they will tear me apart if they come to know of it... How I miss my earlier company now )

I know it is stupid but is it possible to reschedule the intr now? any day except 25th will do.. Is there a similar incident in past?

I am clear about my priorities (MBA from IIM's ) but my work profile is also imp as I dont want to waste my hard work of last 6 months in this company,I am getting lots of learning oppr, the work profile will help me in GD/PI stage and it might put me in a spot of bother If I am unable to clear the GD/PI stage.

Please guys, resignation is the last option but I dont want to reach that desparate situation.

I have intrs in march also (for IIMs and other insts) and I will need leaves then also.

Please Help.

Also as i have mentioned if my intr cld be rescheduled it will be even better.

TIA
- Desparado

P.S. Mods I had posted this initially on IIM A queries thread but since its urgent I am starting a new thread, Hope it is at the right place.

i think this is a do or die. tell your boss you have an A interview; that is the only thing that will make him give you a day off!

or try and juggle the time - noon off or morning off or something like that?

Since this does indeed look like a tricky situation -

I suggest, -
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath, Relax!!

- List down your options
- Try to visualize, the scenarios that may result five years from now, under each option
- Then, go by what seems the best thing to do, considering five years from now
- In short, look at the long term benefits, and NOT the short term gains!!

Good Luck !!

Sanchayan.

Agree with thussu on this... say IIMA
tel him tht ull slog the day before etc etc..tht the procedure wud take around 4-5 hours..u can come bk etc etc...if hes still stubborn ... think abt contacting someone higher up with whom u hv a good relation .. ask tht person to talk to ur boss..
Personally had a similiar situation last yr..IITB interview .. told my manager tht I HAVE TO GO(din ask for permission ..made it clr tht i wud go come wht may).Had a good rapport with him and he had faith in me ..so completed my part of the work b4 leaving.win-win everyone.Most of these managers can differntiate between a good excuse and a bad one.
ATB.
andy.

Contract a life threatening illness that heals miraculously the following day.

Gotta tell your boss.......say its IIMA.....waise u can try and get in touch wid the IIMA guys.......they might rechedule u....or is it out of contention???

God,help this poor soul.:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Anish

is this leave prob exists only for that particular day ?? or 'll the case b the same on a later day ? if not, the first option shd b to try for a postponement, obviously. or if leave is gonna haunt u for long, then abide ur said priorities.
and lemme tell abt the Boss issue, NONE is unavoidable in an organization. the art of 'Leaving' is to convince ur boss the same as long as u need a leave, and to roll back the situation when u wanna retain the job ;)
atb
Rick.

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks for all the suggestion which you people have poured in with.
Kudos to you all and to this forum.

Rick, as far as the leave issue is concerned, it mayn't haunt me later, it looks like a issue for that day only.
Further, about telling my BOSS , well I have discussed this issue with a few people in my org. and they have categorically advised me not to tell my PM as it will complicate things. However, if things do end up becomign desparate then I will have no other option but to resort to this and follow my priorities.

However, I have got no response as of now if it is possible to shift the interview date by a day or so.
Could some one please let me know about it? esp. IIM A junta.

TIA