IIM A/ IIM L ABM apirants .....your scores / expected percentile in CAT 2007

hey puys , those who have applied/ intrested in IIMA-ABM , IIML-ABM discuss your scores / expected percentiles here. let us have an Idea abt that. my scores : QA :38 DI : 47 EU : 8 (IMS) 23 (TIME) OA : 93 / 108 ( …

hey puys ,

those who have applied/ intrested in IIMA-ABM , IIML-ABM discuss your scores / expected percentiles here.

let us have an Idea abt that.

my scores :

QA :38
DI : 47
EU : 8 (IMS) 23 (TIME)

OA : 93 / 108

( I am doing M.tech agril. engg )

Discuss ur opinions abt expected cutoffs and calls.

Old thread that might help the aspirants:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/agri-business-management-at-iims-25001672

All the best.

Hi,
My scores are similar jimmy
QA-28
va-10(IMS&TIME;)Strange.Never got DI-52
OA-90
I did opt for ABM.What do u think of my scores?Any seniors out there,plz reply wth percentiles.
I am from B.Sc.Agril.Hope that helps. Wrote IRMA well though.
:

Hi,
My scores are similar jimmy
QA-28
va-10(IMS&TIME;)Strange.Never got DI-52
OA-90
I did opt for ABM.What do u think of my scores?Any seniors out there,plz reply wth percentiles.
I am from B.Sc.Agril.Hope that helps. Wrote IRMA well though.
:

hey kad..

nice to find a guy for ABM here :)

U r from which university?

IN CAT 2005 a frnd of mine gt a call frm IIMA-ABM at 90.xx percentile ( agril backgrnd) but not frm IIML-ABM .He has DI 97.xx, QA in some 80's and VA down to 60's .

My worry :robot: is that IIMA has pointed out minimum 17% score in each section so even getting more than 90 percentile ( which the coaching institutes are predicting ) VA score may be a hurdle fr call. :drinking:

Let's hope IIMs come out wd a different key and we both cross the 17% barrier.
hey kad..

nice to find a guy for ABM here :)

U r from which university?

IN CAT 2005 a frnd of mine gt a call frm IIMA-ABM at 90.xx percentile ( agril backgrnd) but not frm IIML-ABM .He has DI 97.xx, QA in some 80's and VA down to 60's .

My worry :robot: is that IIMA has pointed out minimum 17% score in each section so even getting more than 90 percentile ( which the coaching institutes are predicting ) VA score may be a hurdle fr call. :drinking:

Let's hope IIMs come out wd a different key and we both cross the 17% barrier.

Thanks a lot jimmy.I am from Acharya N.G.Ranga Agril. Univ. Hyderabad.The 17% wont be a problem i guess,cos the general cutoff itself is expected to be low:). and also a/c to last years posts the PGP-ABM selectors are heavily biased to students from agril. background.So hopefully, we will be classmates if all goes well.:grab: ur info abt. last years percentile was a lot of relief,dude.Thanx

hi,

I have applied for IIM A/ IIM L ABM..... my scores are

DI: 64
Quant: 48
VA: 23-28 ( depending upon various keys )

Total: 135-140

i expect a very high percentile this time... but the thing is last year i was expecting 35 in verbal and ultimately just got 15... so keeping my fingers crossed but expected percentile is atleast above 99.5

I have completed my B.tech Biotechnology. One of my friends Anushree got through IIM L agribusiness last year. She was a Computer Engineer. So I dont know the high number of agri admits might be due to the high number of applications of students who were already in an agri background.

ciao...
kris

come on guys has no one applied to IIM A/L ABM apart from three of us from pagalguy... if thats true ( just a joke ) our chances of getting a call look bright

Kindly pip in with some points...

Ciao...
Kris

I have a query...
how good are the placements for ABM students in A and L, frankly?

no kris..m d gate crasher..
i hav applied too....that makes 4 o us..!!hop 2 see each othr in some khet..!!

I have a query...
how good are the placements for ABM students in A and L, frankly?

I don't know abt the highest or the lowest pkg , but two seniors of mine gt placed In ICICI @8.xx lpa this yr ( one each frm lko & ahd ABM )

these are just some articles i found on net regarding 2007 pay packets of IIM A/L ABM

Placement 2007 | IIM Ahmedabad

cmon puys make this thread lively...seems like not many have applied to abm but still inputs from veterans and seniors would help a lot...

I have applied for this...But i have no background in agri-related disciplines

joel1702 Says
I have applied for this...But i have no background in agri-related disciplines

well i think that might be a little bit of an disadvantage.... cause you will have to justify what suddenly brings your interest into such a niche course....

if u get a call its all about convincing the panel... how u can contribute to the institute and whether you can do justice if you are provided a seat in the coveted IIMs

There is no such thing as mandatory to have agri-related background or bio-related ( botany or anything ).... but there is no doubt it will to your advantage if u have one

Ciao...
Kris

Hi fire_kris,
With a great percentile like urs,u shud comfortably make it to general MBA.Is there any specific reason u r opting 4 abm.just asking.

Hi fire_kris,
With a great percentile like urs,u shud comfortably make it to general MBA.Is there any specific reason u r opting 4 abm.just asking.

thanks kadrax.... remember one thing... it aint over until the fat lady sings... my verbal score can go for a swing.... so still hoping and crossing my fingers....

also yes there is a reason.... i am a biotechnologist... and abm would be a relevant and natural extension... also I belong to a buisness family and our business is mainly essential oils & aromatic chemicals.... so a chance to study more about the field... so it can be helpful two ways.... I might ditch an IIM I or S for an ABM so i really dont know... if god is kind on me to give a few golden options like these, i will only think when i have them...

till then

Ciao...
Kris

can anyone tell me..was the special form mentioned in the cat bulletin for IIM-L's abm program essential to fill? i havent ...is that a problem?

gpat Says
can anyone tell me..was the special form mentioned in the cat bulletin for IIM-L's abm program essential to fill? i havent ...is that a problem?

yeah its a "must "( as per brochure ) if u are of non ag backgrnd ( educational ).

As a policy we don't allow any threads based on speculation.

I would love to see the same thread as soon as CAT results are out, with your actual percentiles, so that you, belonging to a special-course application group, get to better understand your relative standing. Till then, keep your fingers crossed! :)

Thread locked.