IIM A : Batch of 2008-10 : Queries and Discussion

lets start the discussion

lets start the discussion

Hi guys , lets pour in with ur spams ..err anythg u wanna knw , any seniors around ?

Edit : Please no spam

hi congrts dude......

Congratulations everyone for converting THE CALL and making it to the best b-school in Asia Pacific.

Pour in your queries about anything and everything.

2 queries:

1. Can those who have been selected tell me how much money are you expected to pay by 19th May?

I tried something on the fees calculator and the amount came to 192424 (veg option) and 193610 (non veg). I typed 10 L for the salaries for both years (some random non scholarship above average amount).

Now, does one need to pay this entire amount by 19th May?

2. Have the results been declared for OBC students also?

Hi guys , lets pour in with ur spams ..err anythg u wanna knw , any seniors around ?

Edit : Please no spam

Ah yes, we are watching :poketounge: Congrats, termi!

Try not to spam too much, termi..I remember your rep There is a yahoo group, to which all call-getters will be added in the next few days, where you can post all queries, however crazy.Till then, you can interact with us here
Pl avoid asking for gyaan on A vs any other Bschool on this forum since PG does not allow it. You shall get more than enough fundae on that on the yahoo group . So, hold your horses until then.

Btw, waitlist moved till about 30 odd afaik last year, but that was probably because there were no buffer calls given. We do not know what the deal is this year, so keep your fingers crossed. The year before that, it did not move beyond 5. (Edit: Seems it moved till 10 last year - My bad)

Cheers,

Anand

Guys, following is what the IIMA results page says:

Note: Our formal admission offer letter is being sent by Courier. You will have to send us your formal written acceptance and return the other documents enclosed with the admission offer by May 19, 2008. In the meanwhile, please indicate to us by e-mail [email protected] your decision on this admission offer, quoting your name and Test Registration Number.

They haven't made it clear by when we have to send an email about the decision on the offer. I haven't yet made up my mind. And I don't think I will make up my mind int next 5 days or so. So, would it be ok not to send an email by then? Let me know if any of you guys have any idea.

Try not to spam too much, termi..I remember your rep There is a yahoo group, to which all call-getters will be added in the next few days, where you can post all queries, however crazy.Till then, you can interact with us here
Pl avoid asking for gyaan on A vs any other Bschool on this forum since PG does not allow it. You shall get more than enough fundae on that on the yahoo group . So, hold your horses until then.

Btw, waitlist moved till about 30 odd afaik last year, but that was probably because there were no buffer calls given. We do not know what the deal is this year, so keep your fingers crossed. The year before that, it did not move beyond 5.

Cheers,

Anand

year before that (batch 2006-0 it moved till WL 10 as far as i know coz i was in touch with a WL 10 student who was pretty tense and ade it in the end.....my batch (2005-07) also it moved till abt 10-11

deleted teh post ..............................

Note: Our formal admission offer letter is being sent by Courier. You will have to send us your formal written acceptance and return the other documents enclosed with the admission offer by May 19, 2008. In the meanwhile, please indicate to us by e-mail [email protected] your decision on this admission offer, quoting your name and Test Registration Number.

They haven't made it clear by when we have to send an email about the decision on the offer. I haven't yet made up my mind. And I don't think I will make up my mind int next 5 days or so. So, would it be ok not to send an email by then? Let me know if any of you guys have any idea.

yeah thats all right i think.....i sent a mail to them after 4 days coz my dad was all heavy into this good muhurat and stuff....anybody from last yr or the year before that pls confirm
2 queries:

1. Can those who have been selected tell me how much money are you expected to pay by 19th May?

I tried something on the fees calculator and the amount came to 192424 (veg option) and 193610 (non veg). I typed 10 L for the salaries for both years (some random non scholarship above average amount).

Now, does one need to pay this entire amount by 19th May?

2. Have the results been declared for OBC students also?

Hi Pradeep,

I checked the fee calculator too.

Put in the following 2 cases

1)
2006-07 Income - 15 Lakhs
2007-08 income - 12 Lakhs
Option : Veg

It said I got to pay a DD of RS.6988/-

2)
2006-07 Income - 10 Lakhs
2007-08 income - 10 Lakhs
Option : Non-Veg

It said I got to pay a DD of RS.8174/-

and ya my category is GEN (so no creamy layer funda)

I think these values may be correct for last year the deposit amount was Rs.5000/-

I think that 1,92,00 odd which you got may be due to some system malfunction..try refreshing, clearing cashe & stuff

Give them a call and confirm. But it is my belief that they probably use this data to figure out waitlist movements. It is unlikely that an email would be used as an official proof to determine if you are joining an institute.

All standard disclaimers apply since this is purely my opinion. Give them a call/send them an email and tell them what your situation is.

I am sorry. I made a mistake in entering values.
I reentere and I found that for case 1) a DD of RS.1,92,424/- needs to be paid

P.S. The mistake I made was to put commas (15,00,000 instead of 1500000)

Hi Pradeep,

1)

2)

I think these values may be correct for last year the deposit amount was Rs.5000/-

I think that 1,92,00 odd which you got may be due to some system malfunction..try refreshing, clearing cashe & stuff
Hi Pradeep,

1)

2)

i also dont belong to creamy layer thing ...do i need to enter my income as well or just the family income excluding mine ..
it asks me for 8174 ... i am damn confused..how much am i supposed to send
any informed soul here ?...pls help

cheers

Try not to spam too much, termi..I remember your rep

yaar those were some days , and this is another day , thanks a lot anyways , as per i somehow feel that i dont want to ask any question after todays shocking result ( in both good and bad sense :(), .

PS - today i posted on this thread after full 2 years , i thought i will never post on PG (after i posted or rather spammed so much for 1.5 years before that only to get rejected by B - which incidentally has put me in waitlist this year )
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/waitlisters-thread-for-iim-calcutta-25031211/1105671

All IIMC final call getters and waitlisted people please use this thread to intimate us of your final decision about which institute you would be joining. It'll be a big help for others like me. Thank You all. And Congratulations..:
2 queries:

Last year we had to send a draft of abt 5k. Its just to confirm your admission and all....rest of the first term fees will have to be paid on the day of registration i.e when you come on campus....

abt wait list afaik it moved till 33.

and yeah...congrats to all...

hi,
i'm through to IIMA as well .... c u all thr 😃

Hey guys, decided to do anything about the lappies yet???
There is something in the fee calculator about a 50,000 cost. Any ideas?