IIM A 2008-10 batch Waitlisters thread

Junta, Maybe we can use this thread to discuss about WL movements. I did some homework. Last year WL moved till 30. But its mentioned that the no. of calls given and the no. of seats were same last year and hence WL moved till 30 and in…

Junta,

Maybe we can use this thread to discuss about WL movements. I did some homework.

Last year WL moved till 30. But its mentioned that the no. of calls given and the no. of seats were same last year and hence WL moved till 30 and in year before that, it has moved only till 14 since probably some buffer calls were given.

No. of seats this year:

General-192
OBC-17
SC-42
ST-21
PWD-8

No. of students called for interview:

General-557
OBC-54
SC-106
ST-20
PWD-8

1. Can those who have been selected tell me how much money are you expected to pay by 19th May?

I tried something on the fees calculator and the amount came to 192424 (veg option) and 193610 (non veg). I typed 10 L for the salaries for both years (some random non scholarship above average amount).

Now, does one need to pay this entire amount by 19th May?

Note: Last year only 5k was to be paid. Hence students who are not sure may also pay and block seats. This year, if such a high amount needs to be paid, then blocking wont happen.

2. Have the results been declared for OBC students also?

3. How many calls have been given?

4. If OBC seats end up being empty will general students who are WL fill it up? (17 seats reserved in OBC)

Some info can be obtained by calling up IIMA admissions office.

Pradeep

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/waitlisters-thread-for-iim-calcutta-25031211/1105671

All IIMC final call getters and waitlisted people please use this thread to intimate us of your final decision about which institute you would be joining. It'll be a big help for others like me. Thank You all. And Congratulations..:

got WL@46 :icon_cry::icon_cry:...

any seniors can u tell how much does the wl move, will gen be taken in if obc seats left empty????????...please reply

I called up A. Pretty unfriendly. But the guy told be hopeful. (WL 31). Not sure what he meant by that. He mentioned that OBC results are also out. Hmmm..

Does anyone know how many calls are given this year for the general seats..whats the no. of buffer calls given...i am WL46 at A and am trying to figuer out if i hold any chance (haha..i know)...neone with annnnnny info plz post!

I don't know if you guys know this or not...

"Unfilled ST/SC/OBC seats will go to general quota this year."

You guys can be optimistic about your chances.

IIMA Waitlist 16 and IIMC Waitlist. Sigh!

I'm waitlist 69!

Got C reject, and K convert..

Its a drowning-man-clutching-at-straws argument, but since the IIMA fees this year is so much higher than others, hopefully people will join B & C?? :icon_cry:

Will be watching this space..

I don't know if you guys know this or not...

"Unfilled ST/SC/OBC seats will go to general quota this year."

You guys can be optimistic about your chances.

Are you quoting from the SC judgement or the govt. notification to IIMs? Because if its the former, it might not be implemented, while if its the latter, then its good news..

Me waitlisted @ 73

Not very optimistic about conversion. But, the issue of high fees is giving me some hope, still dunno if the waitlist would come this far.

Would join C most probably, All the best and congrats once again

hey nobody coming to our rescue....
I am waitlist 12....single digit mein hota to kitna maza aata...

Congrats to all who made it to confirm list....i got wl of 3 in sc category.....can anyone tell me is there any possibility of me getting through....Nd wht was last waitlist no. for last year in sc category who made it.....

Hi,

Waitlist 15 in General category. I had 5 calls, got only this "semi-convert". So, for me it will be eithr IIMA or job.

Can anyone please post concrete info here about the no of buffer calls. I think that matters most. Otherwise, I have already spoken to 3 guys who are ditching IIMA (good for us )

I know this sort of question has been beaten to death, but could someone please explain the process of waitlists and categories.

Suppose I have a WL 8 and im an ST, do i get if 8 ppl from the ST category go to some other institution or am i simply the 8 th guy to get in somebody cancels in any category?

Not very sure but im guessing that if they mentioned that you are waitlist 8 in SC/ST category, then you would need 8 ST guys to drop out. If its not mentioned, I guess it must be general. Call up the office and check. Thats the best way to know for sure.
Hi,

Waitlist 15 in General category. I had 5 calls, got only this "semi-convert". So, for me it will be eithr IIMA or job.

Can anyone please post concrete info here about the no of buffer calls. I think that matters most. Otherwise, I have already spoken to 3 guys who are ditching IIMA (good for us )

Going by last yr's standards, u r IN dude...u will most prolly get a call from the PGP office within the next 2 weeks..so relax..

Disclaimer: If the situation this yr does not change 😐

Of course all of us are wondering how the waitlist moves. If I'm not mistaken, the date for offer acceptance of those with confirmed offers is May 19th. So will the waitlist move only after that? IIMI has asked its waitlisted candidates to wait till 8th for updates. What happens between now and 8th?

Anybody with info on either of the following points, please post:

1. The way the waitlist moves. The procedure, and the timeframe we're looking at..
  2. The no. of seats, no. of confirmed offers, no. of waitlisted candidates for this year and the last..
Btw, I'm wl - 69.. So don't really have a chance.. I'll be joining K in all probability..
Of course all of us are wondering how the waitlist moves. If I'm not mistaken, the date for offer acceptance of those with confirmed offers is May 19th. So will the waitlist move only after that? IIMI has asked its waitlisted candidates to wait till 8th for updates. What happens between now and 8th?

Anybody with info on either of the following points, please post:
  1. The way the waitlist moves. The procedure, and the timeframe we're looking at..
  2. The no. of seats, no. of confirmed offers, no. of waitlisted candidates for this year and the last..
Btw, I'm wl - 69.. So don't really have a chance.. I'll be joining K in all probability..

Well as for the timeframe, none of us can say really.
Cos last year, the results were out on 27th April or so, and the selected people had time till 14th may or somthing to reply, but I was a waitlister and I cleared it by 5th May. So its not necessary that waitlist will move only after that date. So just keep your fingers crossed.

I called up IIMA yesterday. Maybe one of our junta can call today and check how many calls they have given for general seats of 192. If there are many buffer calls, we have less chance. And last year, it seems they initially gave lesser calls than no. of seats and hence it moved till 30. I tend to believe it otherwise why should they release WL before last day of fee payment, Unless maybe students themselves send a mail telling they don't want to join A.

IIM-A declares admission list-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India
AHMEDABAD: The 21-day long wait for around 700 students came to an end when the top B school of the country, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) declared the admission list open for the general category and the reserved category students on Thursday. This also includes the admission list for OBC candidates.

IIM-A declared the final offers they will be giving out for the Post Graduate Programme (PGP) and Post Graduate Programme - Agri-Business Management (PGP-ABM) in which 192 students in the general category will be accepted, 42 in the SC category, 21 in the ST category, 17 in OBC category and eight in PWD. All the IIMs have declared their admission lists together as decided by all the Admission Chairs with implementation of OBC quota.

"Right now provisional admissions have been given to OBC quota students based on first responses received from them when the institute contacted them for the Non-Creamy Layer Status. Admission of these candidates will be confirmed only when they will present to the institute authorities the required certificate of the NCL-OBC," said Satish Deodhar, chair for admissions.

The institute is in the process of sending admission letters to students who have to confirm their admission by May 19. "Usually students are given three weeks time to respond but since we are already late in giving out admissions, students this time will get a few days less to respond. Students who need to be present for the preparatory course will be called to join by the first week of June," said Deodhar.

The lists of all the IIMs was to be declared on April 11 but was delayed as the institute was in the process of understanding the judgement given by the SC on the implementation of the OBC quota in the institutes of higher education.
The institute has also given a waiting list of 75 students in the general quota and eight in the OBC category.