IILM GSM 2012-14, Admission queries and discussion.

Established in the year 1993, IILM-GSM is one of top AICTE Approved Business schools in the country today. Operating for nearly 2 decades, it is essential for any MBA School serious about providing quality education is to upgrade itself each year …

Established in the year 1993, IILM-GSM is one of top AICTE Approved Business schools in the country today. Operating for nearly 2 decades, it is essential for any MBA School serious about providing quality education is to upgrade itself each year and invest continuously in important areas of faculties, research, physical & Intellectual infrastructure & many more.
At present, More than 2500 business schools are offering PGDM & other post graduate programs in India, many of them are still lacking in infrastructure expected from a higher education institute. When we get down to top 50 business schools in the country & top 10 business schools in Delhi-NCR, IILM-GSM believes that beyond the basic essentials required in a business school, the culture & the ambience prevalent inside a school will define its worth in the long term.
Culture will always be the catalyst behind new initiatives taken by the management & the students, the openness towards change, constantly striving for excellence, attracting World class faculty & researchers in the organisation. For the uninitiated, this link will help further in understanding the importance of Culture in organisations operating in any domain.
Backing the same, IILM-GSM has been implementing several initiatives in the campus few of which are mentioned hereafter. The PGDM curriculum has gone through several revisions since the Inception of the institute. At present, the PGDM programme is designed on the Yale MBA pattern which implies that subjects taught are same as in the Yale MBA.

Residential campus - Proud to announce that, for PGDM 2012-14, students will be greeted with a World class Residential IILM-GSM campus. Much has been known to everyone about the unparalleled advantages of experiencing life at a Residential B-School vis-a-vis a Day Scholar B-School.
You can have a detailed look at the Campus & Room Layout here.

Technology driven Infrastructure - From providing lifetime Email ids for students to using Moodle (No. 1 LMS Software) for interaction between faculties and students to Attendance & Notices being shared through Google Docs & Facebook community to utilization of Open source Software speak a lot about Technology being an inherent part of infrastructure at the Campus

Earn While you Learn - An initiative through which students are allowed to work for few hours every week & being paid for the same. It enables them to work on real projects, get experienced with multitasking in real time much required in Corporate Life

Placements 2009-11 - You can refer to the detailed reports of last year (2009-11) IILM-GSM placements here.
For 2010-12, the institute has seen a significant growth in the number of New recruiters which have come for final placements at the IILM GSM campus.

Prospective highest salary package is Rs. 1,200,000 (interview round is in process)
Highest package offered is Rs. 500,000
Lowest Package offered is Rs. 200,000 (approx)

Some of the prominent names Industry Wise are-
Consulting & Analytics - Deloitte, WNS, Beroe Inc, ZYCUS, Grail Research, Capital IQ, Resultrix, F1F9, Rncos E Services, Houston Technologies
Research & Financial Services- Copal Partners, Onicra, HDFC Bank, India Bulls, Religare, Kotak Mahindra, Barclays Bank
FMCG & Retail- Asian Paints, Puma, ITC, Saint Gobain, Mudra fashion and lifestyle, Reliance Retail, Ebony Gautier

Till date, A total of 150 companies have shown interest in hiring students from the campus (as the data issued by IILM)

Dear all,

We welcome all your queries. You'll get chance to interact with your seniors and super-seniors.

Regards
Anubhav Sharma | Facebook
Student
IILM GSM
Email: [email protected]

under MAT do they take students for general PGDM...??

gunsngreen Says
under MAT do they take students for general PGDM...??

As I had described it, IILM GSM does not accept MAT's score for its general programme.

Regards
As I had described it, IILM GSM does not accept MAT's score for its general programme.

Regards

ok...
well i have checked it

can you give the details about PGDM(IB) and IILM CMS placement
ok...
well i have checked it

can you give the details about PGDM(IB) and IILM CMS placement

For PGDM IB of IILM GSM scenario was, and is same, except fee i.e. 590,000 (approx) for 2011-13. If a company is visiting the campus for selection process, college allows all of the students to appear except for a very few companies. Otherwise faculty is very nice.
IILM have a central placement cell as far as I'm concerned, so there will hardly any difference when it come to placement and AICTE approval I would suggest you to check it on your own through aicte" rel="nofollow">aicte">www.aicte-india.org

Regards
Anubhav
For PGDM IB of IILM GSM scenario was, and is same, except fee i.e. 590,000 (approx) for 2011-13. If a company is visiting the campus for selection process, college allows all of the students to appear except for a very few companies. Otherwise faculty is very nice.
IILM have a central placement cell as far as I'm concerned, so there will hardly any difference when it come to placement and AICTE approval I would suggest you to check it on your own through aicte" rel="nofollow">aicte">www.aicte-india.org

Regards
Anubhav

i have checked evrything about the cllg,just wanted to know about the placement details of IILM cms and came to know the faculty in CMS is not that good.
please put some light on this
i have checked evrything about the cllg,just wanted to know about the placement details of IILM cms and came to know the faculty in CMS is not that good.
please put some light on this

ummmm...........Difficult question (if you're asking about faculty)
GSM's faculty is good but I've never attended any seminar or class from CMS' faculty. You should rather ask a CMS' student about faculty. If you want i can arrange some contact numbers for you.
But I'd suggest never rely on what one person is saying and always try to get few more opinions from different persons.

Regards
ummmm...........Difficult question (if you're asking about faculty)
GSM's faculty is good but I've never attended any seminar or class from CMS' faculty. You should rather ask a CMS' student about faculty. If you want i can arrange some contact numbers for you.
But I'd suggest never rely on what one person is saying and always try to get few more opinions from different persons.

Regards

its better if we can have some more students of IILM in this thread

@ anubhavss- can u tell me -
1.hows the placement at GSM..
2.What advantage GSM has over CMS
3.In what way is GSM better than colleges like JIMS,NIILM or even Amity for that matter.
Thank You

@ anubhavss- can u tell me -
1.hows the placement at GSM..
2.What advantage GSM has over CMS
3.In what way is GSM better than colleges like JIMS,NIILM or even Amity for that matter.
Thank You

Dear Anuraag

Placements are good (if and only if one have realistic salary expectations). Getting a pay package of 3.5 to 4 lac is not a big deal if one is an average student.

GSM has some advantages over CMS and some of them are faculty, reputation, exposure and infrastructure included world class in campus hostel.

GSM is in all ways better than JIMS and NIILM but not Amity (if you've got to get admission in Amity's PGDM general). If you're not getting admission in Amity's PGDM general programme then it would be better come to GSM.

Regards
Student
GSM

Hey guys plz help me
10-82
12-82
bsb biotech- 73
mat - 99.04 cmst - 759.5
expectn 100 or 50% schlrshp in iilm gsm as my intrvw was also gud
n i have cl frm
christ
itm
iiswbm
iirm
iba
sies
welingkes throug cmat
xiss throug cmat

so should i opt iilm if i m gtng
100- 50%schlrshp

Hey guys plz help me
10-82
12-82
bsb biotech- 73
mat - 99.04 cmst - 759.5
n i have cl frm
christ
itm
iiswbm
iirm
iba
sies
welingkes throug cmat
xiss throug cmat

100- 50%schlrshp

Dear Resu991,

It is only top 10 b schools in INDIA (IIMs, FMS, IIFT, SP jain, XLRI etc) that counts and beyond them all colleges are more or less same if you're talking about getting good exposure during completion of your degree requirements. Hence, IILM is no exception.
I would suggest to interact with seniors of these colleges about salary packages, exposure, faculty, infrastructure, live projects they offer etc and then introspect your priorities, and decide.
IILM GSM is full of good faculties (except a very few), placements are also average as stated in earlier posts of this thread.
IILM GSM is a good choice (according to me) but I don't know about all aspects of college named by you.

Regards
Hey guys plz help me
10-82
12-82
bsb biotech- 73
mat - 99.04 cmst - 759.5
n i have cl frm
christ
itm
iiswbm
iirm
iba
sies
welingkes throug cmat
xiss throug cmat

100- 50%schlrshp

if you are getting scholarship then you will get better roi morever iilm has reduced number of seats in other branches in order provide better placements to the students so IILM will be good choice for you
Dear Anuraag

Placements are good (if and only if one have realistic salary expectations). Getting a pay package of 3.5 to 4 lac is not a big deal if one is an average student.

GSM has some advantages over CMS and some of them are faculty, reputation, exposure and infrastructure included world class in campus hostel.

GSM is in all ways better than JIMS and NIILM but not Amity (if you've got to get admission in Amity's PGDM general). If you're not getting admission in Amity's PGDM general programme then it would be better come to GSM.

Regards
Student
GSM

Dear Anubhav,
so Amity is better than IILM in case of placements..? Am going for Marketing and am totally confused...please suggest.. Applied to JIMS,Rohini too... turns out they have many branches through out Delhi,do u know which ones and which is the best branch of Jims?
Dear Mr. Gunsngreen
I am iilm-gsm 2010-2012 batch student. And let us help you. Just given my final comprehensive project report and waiting for viva after which I will be no more a student of IGSM and will be called Alumni.. Placed with a KPO with a decent salary J

Now major question that all of you gonna ask is about placements.

Before thinking of this word Placement, first think of your capability. Every 3rd person is doing MBA but do you have that in you that can lure your employer? Do you think that you can make yourself sit in one place and stare at computer for more than 12 hours? Yes, this is what a fresher need to do to make him way up the ladder.

Most of you guys will say yes, we can do it. But, in these 6 months of corporate exposure I had, 2 of my friends have decided to resign from their respective jobs.

Talking about placements, we have mixed reactions for placements, Companies like E&Y;, Grail research, Copal Partners, Northbridge Finance came with decent packages (best in industry) and many of them were disappointed and take no student as they actually felt lack of quality in us (blunt huh?) this is the scenario in college.

As many of the students are placed in less known companies say Ceasefire, Markit etc at a decent package those students who are left (mainly of HR) are really disappointed with the packages of the companies coming in say 1.8 lacs per annum.

Now, I hope placement scenario will be quite clear to you all. you got to have it in you, grey matter will help you only upto a certain extent.

All the students who were placed in the initial stages were neither toppers not failures. They were average students.

Now talking about faculty, IILM-GSM lost its sheen coz they let best of the faculties to leave the college, the faculty these days is good but not that we used to have in our 1st year, some faculties are gem at heart and in teaching practices others are just waste of time, just attend their class to get attendance.

Last, I do not know about CMS,Amity and other MBA colleges..what we can best tell you is IILM-GSM, so please pour in questions related to this institute only.

I have been following IILM-GSM thread since 2.5 years from now, took admission coz of Pagalguy's thread of IILM-GSM.. That is why they have rewarded me with the HARDCORE PAGAL status..

Feel free to ask any query..might not be able to take it frequently but will surely gonna asnwer along with Mr. HTC (Anubhav) :)

Dear Anubhav,
so Amity is better than IILM in case of placements..? Am going for Marketing and am totally confused...please suggest.. Applied to JIMS,Rohini too... turns out they have many branches through out Delhi,do u know which ones and which is the best branch of Jims?

Amity's placements are good as compare to IILM (for PGDM General only).
I'm oblivious of JIMS, but it is not good in front of GSM.

Regards
Amity's placements are good as compare to IILM (for PGDM General only).
I'm oblivious of JIMS, but it is not good in front of GSM.

Regards

Mostly same companies come to Amity campus also!! But yes frequency and number of companies visiting there campus is more as for the simple reason..the number of students, resources required and effort required is more!! Amity is a good option too but a friend of mine is not happy with her decision of studying there but she is in a branch of Amity than in main campus!! Now talking about Jims..it is fine too..as the investment is less..but seats are too few so i guess it is difficualt at this point of time to get in JIMS..a friend of mine even with "jugaad" was not able to make i that college!! placement scenario, i have no idea..