[IIFT 2008-09] Advertisement released, Discussions on Application related queries

yes guys! IIFT applications are out :: and like last time we have to apply online… IIFT ::. Welcome! Exam on 23rd november… ALL THE BEST!! Seniors pls help us with the queries ::

yes guys!
IIFT applications are out and like last time we have to apply online..
IIFT ::. Welcome!
Exam on 23rd november..
ALL THE BEST!!
Seniors pls help us with the queries

Is there ne gk sec? do we need to clear the cut off? usually what is the cut off? I find it difficult to remember such a lot of info. if there is a gk sec I hv to forget applying.snrs plz help.
thnx

hi friends,
how good is iift ? they say that avg package is around 10 lpa ...wat abt ranking n infrastructure....

hi friends,
how good is iift ? they say that avg package is around 10 lpa ...wat abt ranking n infrastructure....

dude lets have discussions pertaining only to the application queries and exam queries :)..doubts regarding salary packages,infra,ranking etc can be found on their website.
@mou
there has always been a GK section in the IIFT exams.its more based on current affairs and keep updating yourself on the same.also read materials like panorama book of knowledge and various magazines possible.last yr there was no seperate cut off's for GK i guess.the year before the last i.e IIFT 2006 has individual cut offs.so it is better to have a balanced score in every section.

Seniors,
Please join.
We want to resolve lot of queries here.

yes guys!
IIFT applications are out and like last time we have to apply online..
IIFT ::. Welcome!
Exam on 23rd november..
ALL THE BEST!!
Seniors pls help us with the queries

hi
i want to know is the previous acedemic record matters for iift or not???if yes then upto wht extend..i mean somebody perform well in written n gd pi all...but..
earlier academic peformance is average!!??

I have a bad academic record. I scored 70% in 10th,70% in graduation wid more than 60% in each semester but also hav 49% in 12th. I jus want to know academic weightage in IIFT selection.

Are the forms not available from any bank?

Maverick_Pune Says
Are the forms not available from any bank?

No, forms are not there in any bank. You hav to go through procedure of ONLINE FORM SUBMISSION. The information regarding this can b obtained from IIFT website.

Hey guys.
I just finished applying via the online application on their website.
A small word of caution for guys who are using Mozilla and not IE.

The final page i.e. the page you are required to print after you've completed the payment procedure seems to be non-Mozilla compatible. There is a bar code with a number alongside it. This appears in sync on IE , while the number beside the barcode seems to shift upwards when viewed in Mozilla.
So you'd be better off using IE to navigate through the entire process.

That apart it is a fairly simple and user friendly procedure. You are required to take a printout of the final page after you've filled in your details and send it across to the insti. On recpt of the same, they will send you a brochure. In the meanwhile, you can track the status of your application via a reference number given to you while applying.
ex: Immediately after you complete the payment procedure, on your next login, the Status is shown as 'Payment Received'

A few questions

1. Will we get an acknowledgement from IIFT once they receive our form ?
2. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem that I did ?
3. A lil geek talk, but even when I open the page in IE , there seems to be some HTML code that appears on the screen next to the bar code and therefore gets printed out. Any suggestions ? Will it make too much of a difference , coz the barcode and the number are visible in any case....

Someone answer those ???

Cheers !

Is the IIFT notification out on the newspapers?
i didnt find a notification on the papers today..
ive seen only the application available directly on their website.

Is the IIFT notification out on the newspapers?
i didnt find a notification on the papers today..
ive seen only the application available directly on their website.

I saw the notification in Times of India today morning.........probably in the second or third page (Bangalore edition though) a small section towards the right hand side.........
prfs Says
I have a bad academic record. I scored 70% in 10th,70% in graduation wid more than 60% in each semester but also hav 49% in 12th. I jus want to know academic weightage in IIFT selection.

I am not a senior but appeared for iift last time. look there are a lot of parameters on which selection is based. initial calls are based only on written and in second stage ur gd and pi plaa pivotel part in ur selection. after gd/pi generally work ex comes in order of importance professors generally have look on overall profile which other then work ex also contain academics and extracuricular . ur record other then xii is quite good and u should be able to explain ur dip in xii marks during interview. so if u work on other parameters there is no reason why u should not get selected. please channalise ur efforts on things u can control.

please note that institute does not provide any list of weights to each parameter rather they do not even declare all parameters so all information is based on judgements and experience during gd/pi by students. for more information i advice u to go to last years pg thread for iift
Is there ne gk sec? do we need to clear the cut off? usually what is the cut off? I find it difficult to remember such a lot of info. if there is a gk sec I hv to forget applying.snrs plz help.
thnx

there was cut off in year before last but no cut off was there last year. Well I wont say gk section section of iift was current affairs centric. In fact last years and year before that the kind of gk that was asked was toughest
i have seen any where because in a single question mostly tables were given so u have to know a lot of things before u answer one uestion. actually in iift nov-06
gk had one or ore correct answers(but no negative marking for this section). other then current gk question were asked from static gk such as history geography and science. it was an amulgum of every thing. but hey u still dont have to worry because only relative performance matters when sections are very tough cut offs would be very low. actually in any exam it is my belief that it is easier section u should be carefull and try to maximise ur score and avoid silly mistakes also in current affairs give a lot of focus on business gk.

@ prfs, rathore
hi this is arpit gandhi.iift mba ib 2008-2010 batch..schedule for our batch is, as always pretty hectic...will still try to address as many queries as possible.
there is some wightage to past academic record, but trust me v have many people with 60-70% marks in grad/boards et al, freshers and that too not from great colleges.my own academic record is
BE 76%
12th 75.6
10th 80%
its pretty average so to say.right now give ur best shot.prepare well for the written.some tips are

1.increase ur speed.questions r based on standard patterns.having a good identification of them will surely help.make calculations faster.
2.gk will be there.the cut off is generally very low.i had a score of 1.01 and i know ppl with scores less than this who got calls.
3.lr is pretty easy.target this section for scores.
4.the pattern is not fixed.so b ready for some surprise.
hope it throws enuf light on the preparation.
no need to take extra load.the course is same as cat.for gk try reading stuff on exports,imports,imf,world bank,gatt,wto et al...

1. Will we get an acknowledgement from IIFT once they receive our form ?
Cheers !

Yes...You can check the status of your application after entering your login details on login page. Just click the status tab.

hi all just a query regarding course content...
is the MBA course in IIFT relevant for a career in HR?

Hi....
Is there any minimum eligibility criteria ..ie...Minimum percentage in graduation......
I had score 58% in B.tech. Am i eligible to apply for IIFT...

Thanks

Hi....
Is there any minimum eligibility criteria ..ie...Minimum percentage in graduation......
I had score 58% in B.tech. Am i eligible to apply for IIFT...

Thanks

Buddy, jus dont worry. You are eligible to apply for IIFT. There is no minimum %age requirement,u jus need to b graduate or final year student.