IIFM (Indian Institute of Forest Management ) Bhopal : Queries Help desk

hello everybody, if u hv any queries regarding indian institute of forest management, feel free to ask. abt anything u desire insti life, placements, academics etc.

hello everybody,
if u hv any queries regarding indian institute of forest management, feel free to ask. abt anything u desire insti life, placements, academics etc.

Its good to have someone regarding IIFM Bhopal

Can u tell me more about the placement and type of profile one is getting and further career ahead for him and its ranking vis a vis other colleges across India.

Also the number of seats and cutoff of cat exma for it ( for final conversion)

There is one more thread for this i guess.
I came to know that last year calls were given aorund 80+ % le but the final call getters were above 85% le so plz tell me what do they look for in a candidate after giving the calls?
When the calls can be expected this year?
I feel that around 82+ %le would be cut-off this year, plz tell me your prediction.
Thank you.

infact its really good to hear ab8 IIFM ...i have als filled the form..and wat are the cut off and how is life? is it the typic 24x7 life as in other MBA clgs..
and also wats the placement scene..now since i am an agril engg..and have placement at TAFE which i have to join in aug...is it worth to leave tafe and JOIN iifm if i am able to convert my call....and my percentile is some where 90.xx so wat could i expect?

hello everybody,
if u hv any queries regarding indian institute of forest management, feel free to ask. abt anything u desire insti life, placements, academics etc.

wrong place to start this thread dude
It should ideally be in CAT and related information
Check outa few existing threads on IIFM
What is Forest Management all about? - PaGaLGuY.com Forums
Iifm 2006-2008 - PaGaLGuY.com Forums
IIFM Bhopal Cut offs - PaGaLGuY.com Forums
Mridul
There is one more thread for this i guess.
I came to know that last year calls were given aorund 80+ % le but the final call getters were above 85% le so plz tell me what do they look for in a candidate after giving the calls?
When the calls can be expected this year?
I feel that around 82+ %le would be cut-off this year, plz tell me your prediction.
Thank you.

hi, predictions are many
but i will tell you frankly that this time the cut off percentage will be something around 85-89% . But it depends upon the institute to decide.but be assured that the cut off percentiles for converting it will be something around 93 +
Its good to have someone regarding IIFM Bhopal

Can u tell me more about the placement and type of profile one is getting and further career ahead for him and its ranking vis a vis other colleges across India.

Also the number of seats and cutoff of cat exma for it ( for final conversion)

hi ashish,

first of all you asked about the placements, a general apprehension for the people joining any institute. Our's placements are already over in flat 1 day with average package around 6.2 lacs n this will be notified in various national dailies within 2-3 days. Secondly, u asked about the profile one is getting, majority of the batch was placed in the banking sector. thirdly about the ranking, u can go through competition success refresher, where we stand at 15 th, but seeing the trend we will be soaring ahead. But, buddy, seats are limited i.e.40, so the cut offs will be high ( 92+ bracket).
infact its really good to hear ab8 IIFM ...i have als filled the form..and wat are the cut off and how is life? is it the typic 24x7 life as in other MBA clgs..
and also wats the placement scene..now since i am an agril engg..and have placement at TAFE which i have to join in aug...is it worth to leave tafe and JOIN iifm if i am able to convert my call....and my percentile is some where 90.xx so wat could i expect?

hi,
cut offs are around 85+. n about the life wat i can say it's vibrant n exhilirating throughout what i experienced till now. placements have already been completed in 1 day(placement week 8-12 jan). average placement is 6 lac n will be circulated very shortly. So, other things u have asked u can judge it by yourself..........................
hi,
cut offs are around 85+. n about the life wat i can say it's vibrant n exhilirating throughout what i experienced till now. placements have already been completed in 1 day(placement week 8-12 jan). average placement is 6 lac n will be circulated very shortly. So, other things u have asked u can judge it by yourself..........................

Vaibhav..like i said earlier this is not the rite place for this thread...please go here http://www.pagalguy.com/cat
Mridul

I Searched and didn't get a specific thread dedicated to this institute for queries started by a student...renaming the thread and moving to the appropriate section...
@Baby: Good job..:) Need one even say about Mahip..:)

Hi! The lowest %ile for d last year was 80 for general category applicants who got admission. Although people got GD/PI calls at 75+ last year but this year u can expect GD/PI calls at somewhere around 82-85+. So, u have a fair chance of getting call for GD/PI and rest all depends on ur performance in GD/PI.
Life at IIFM campus is very cool and vibrant..
Although The Placement week ended today itself but all our seniors got placed on day 1 with the Avg. Package of Rs 6 lakhs+. They got placed in Olam International, IMRB, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential, HDFC Bank, IndiaBulls, SKS Microfinance, Grasim Industries, JK Papers etc....
I hope the above information is enough for u to take the decision... If u have any other queries regarding IIFM feel free to ask... might see u at IIFM campus in Feb/March during GD/PI...

Hi! The lowest %ile for d last year was 80 for general category applicants who got admission. Although people got GD/PI calls at 75+ last year but this year u can expect GD/PI calls at somewhere around 82-85+. So, u have a fair chance of getting call for GD/PI and rest all depends on ur performance in GD/PI.
Life at IIFM campus is very cool and vibrant..
Although The Placement week ended today itself but all our seniors got placed on day 1 with the Avg. Package of Rs 6 lakhs+. They got placed in Olam International, IMRB, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential, HDFC Bank, IndiaBulls, SKS Microfinance, Grasim Industries, JK Papers etc....
I hope the above information is enough for u to take the decision... If u have any other queries regarding IIFM feel free to ask... might see u at IIFM campus in Feb/March during GD/PI...

its ok sir thanks for the reply..but tell me ab8 the life of students there......is it a propr MBA clg life..as i have heard that u dnt get time to sleep and all..too much pressure...always just work work and work..is it that kind?
and sir do PM me ur contact details.ALso could u just tell me whats the highest packge for this year? and when these details will be out.?

its ok sir thanks for the reply..but tell me ab8 the life of students there......is it a propr MBA clg life..as i have heard that u dnt get time to sleep and all..too much pressure...always just work work and work..is it that kind?
and sir do PM me ur contact details.ALso could u just tell me whats the highest packge for this year? and when these details will be out.?

HI! abt d life @IIFM, dont worry at all... its really cool life here.. n its absolutely upon u whether to sleep late night or early... generally u will find here lots and lots of other extra-curricular activities and if u participate or organize those activities then only u will find some shortage of time to sleep..and that also not always.... also its upto u how u manage ur time.. so dont worry abt sleeping time... not much pressure....U will find enough time to sleep... I can tell u one thing that d life at IIFM is far better than other big MBA institutes...which u will come to know wen u join d inst. ...
n abt placement.. it is multilpying year by year... last year avg Pkg was 4.2 lakhs while this year it is 6+ lakhs P.A. ..and this is not d kind of data which other bschools provide... bcz IIFM is not a privt. bschool... d highest package this year is 26 lakhs p.a. (foriegn)offered by Olam Int. and in India it is 7.5 lakhs offered to 4 stdnts by IMRB. the complete details now avlble at our website... ("placement 2007" link at iifm home page). hope u will not be in tension now at all.
Wishing u all d best of luck for GD/PI...

hi baby,
y this is not the right place to talk about iifm.pls expalin with justification.......... lookin frward

Vaibhav..like i said earlier this is not the rite place for this thread...please go here http://www.pagalguy.com/cat
Mridul

its gud tat someone is here to help iifm aspirants... i m doing bsc. agri. frm hau haryana.. my %le in cat is 90.4... but some of my seniors say that iifm take students who hav above 95%le.. and my distribution of marks is very variant..
math 99%le
eng 64%le
di 49%le
so is there ny scope?

hi baby,
y this is not the right place to talk about iifm.pls expalin with justification.......... lookin frward

Well since IIFM takes into consideration the CAT scores hence..it should be under CAT and related discussions...

Please edit your above post, since posting emails or phone nos. is against the rules of the forum. Thanks.
Great info! see u at IIFM soon...

Query: how do they notify those shortlisted for GD/PI? and when?

regards

sir really gr8 full for such a quick reply....ya i am looking fwd to IIFm now.,.....but to tell u some things ..please as indicated by ankit dnt post emails and contact no. as on forum...ya u can personal message(PM)so -plzz edit it...else thanks for ur details i will b contacting u soon......to klow much more ab8 campus life...and if i am invited over there then will surely b meeting u ..cya thanks and regards

hey dude,
waitin for u at iifm.
n about the calls u will get it during feb

Well since IIFM takes into consideration the CAT scores hence..it should be under CAT and related discussions...

Please edit your above post, since posting emails or phone nos. is against the rules of the forum. Thanks.
Great info! see u at IIFM soon...

Query: how do they notify those shortlisted for GD/PI? and when?

regards