Iifm gd/pi discussions(2013-2015)

THIS IS THE GD/PI DISCUSSIONS THREAD FOR ADMISSIONS 2013-2015.DO WELL AND WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR NOT ABLE TO ADDRESS TO YOUR QUERIES SINCE A FEW DAYS NOW DUE TO EXAMS, EVENTS AND OTHER STUFFS! CHEERS!

THIS IS THE GD/PI DISCUSSIONS THREAD FOR ADMISSIONS 2013-2015.

DO WELL AND WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR NOT ABLE TO ADDRESS TO YOUR QUERIES SINCE A FEW DAYS NOW DUE TO EXAMS, EVENTS AND OTHER STUFFS!

CHEERS!

firstly the thread name must b 2013 2015 😛

secondly, we all would like to know about the kind of topics getting asked in GD and what is the whole procedure of GDPI. Hoping for a positive reply soon. Thank U.

Seniors please share out the PI experience as well....:)

@ranapujari brother reply plz....

hey i apologize for the incorrect thread name(2012-14 should have been 2013-15).

yaaron exams aa gye hai..but m strtng posting abt our batch's individual gd/pi experience here.
@ranapujari no worries bro...! take ur time but dont be too late.:p n thanx for the effort...! atb for the exams..!
My GD topic was "Relevance of non-violence in today's world".
Group consisted on 12 people and it started with each person being allowed to talk for a minute on the topic and den was opened for a general discussion(like a typical GD!).
It was a healthy discussion and all got almost equal chance to speak on it.

PI was chilled out as it generally remains where starting from Why IIFM to questions were asked from varied fields like Mamta Banerjee's governance and my take on communism, whether it is good or bad for us(as i reside near Kolkata in WB).Then was asked about my role in one of the NGOs i mentioned in why IIFM part in the application form where i worked for a few months.Then they came to my work experience and my role dere too.
Finally i was asked where else i have got calls from and how did I like the campus!

The main motto which i believe in IIFM's interview is be as true to yourself as you can be and do not ever try to bluff them mind it.I frankly told them about my second option if I do not make it to IIFM which they respected.

And in Why IIFM part I told them about why actually I wanted to come to IIFM(to work in the environment sector!) and that I waited fr this opportunity since 2009 when I did not make it.

So be cool, confident and straightforward without any dilemmas in mind as to why you wana join IIFM.

IIFM ka interview koi IAS/IPS ka interview nhn hai bhai log..Itna nhn sochne ka.

Chilll

I would like to share that GD topic was abstract (Smart working is better than Hard working) and PI was fully based on academics as far as my GDPI experience is concerned.Hope it will help.

Regards,
Amit Agarwal
PGDFM 2014
During my interview they asked me how i can justify that i am interested in forest management, what i know about forest management.
And their were many questions regarding my graduation background and after iifm what are my future plans.
These were d main questions they asked.

Regards,
Budhprakash Kanoujia
PGDFM 2014

My GD topic was related to whether India should invest more in Nuclear Energy or not. It was healthy discussion where everyone got a chance of making their points/stand for initial one minute.
My PI lasted for about 20-25 mins. As I am from software background, one of the panelists (there were 2) asked me about my roles and responsibilities in my past company. One panelist asked me to choose any topic related to software for discussion. I didnt say about any specific topic as I didnt want my interview to go in that direction. Then they asked me why I want to switch from software industry? Whether I got calls from any other inst, apart from IIFM, I had applied to IRMA and XIMB-RM and got calls from both but was not able to convert IRMA call. IIFM was my 2nd choice after IRMA and told them. (Allthough after joining I feel IIFM is better as it gives you diverse opportunites)
Then they asked me about my hobbies. One of the panelist was fan of Bob Dylan and I was asked few questions on Bob Dylan as I mentioned him as one of my fav musician. Asked about my view on communism. (As I am from Tripura where CPI(M) is the ruling party) Asked me about NE insurgency and other problems and how to tackle these. What changes I would like to see in my district.
Overall interview was good, no grilling, they just wanted to know about me, not much of academic questions. Be honest in answering the questions (I was). They ask the 'Why IIFM' question directly or indirectly.(In my case they didnt ask me directly) So ask yourself why you want join this institute and be cool about the interview.
Wish you all the best :)

Regards,
Shantanu Choudhury.
PGDFM 2014

with 84.15 do I have any chances of converting.....seniors please reply

@karl09 said:
with 84.15 do I have any chances of converting.....seniors please reply
Hi Purohit ji..
Your chance is heavily based on your GD and Interview performance as they will provide u with the platform to speak out and let them know why u actually wana join IIFM.So relax and just prepare urself for further steps to give it the best shot to increase ur chances.
do well..
@ranapujari thaks a lot for for reply.......ur words of wisdom really boosted my confidence.....
once again thanks a lot...:)
@ranapujari hi..what kind of topics are generally asked in gd?? n pi is mainly based on academics or your passion to join IIFM?

do reply....!

GD is general..stay updated abt economics, politics and social issues.

PI depends on a few factors like:
1. Ur SOP
2. Whether have work ex or not.If yes den expect questions on ur job profile and responsibilities.If fresher do expect questions on acads and any project done in ur grads.
3. Then u r bound to be asked as to why u wana join dis particular course and wht drove u to choose IIFM.
In my interview i was also asked about my take on communism and Mamta Banerjee and her way of governance.
Do brush up or try to recapitulate wht u have written in ur SOP.
Bas confidence counts bhai..nothng else.

Rest chill and enjoy..
@ranapujari aapko mamta pe drill kiya tha muje modi pe karenge.....! :P

I would be preparing for 2013-2015 wala session. I have been average in studies and the current graduation course im pursuing is nowhere in relation to what I want to do in IIFM. Can that cause any glitch in my IIFM dream? If i perform well in GD and PI along with an impressive CAT score can I stay assured of getting a seat here?