IIFM Bhopal Admissions 2009-11

Hello puys, The advertisement for admission to IIFM, Bhopal 2009-11 is already out. Check Indian Institute of Forest Management :: Admission for details regarding the important dates, fees, infrastructure, course curriculum etc. Let this…

Hello puys,

The advertisement for admission to IIFM, Bhopal 2009-11 is already out. Check Indian Institute of Forest Management :: Admission for details regarding the important dates, fees, infrastructure, course curriculum etc.

Let this thread serve as the place to get all your admission related queries resolved. We will try our best to resolve all your queries. Cheers.

All the best.
DiNa

Hello puys,

The advertisement for admission to IIFM, Bhopal 2009-11 is already out. Check Indian Institute of Forest Management :: Admission for details regarding the important dates, fees, infrastructure, course curriculum etc.

Let this thread serve as the place to get all your admission related queries resolved. We will try our best to resolve all your queries. Cheers.

All the best.
DiNa

thanks Dina,
yeah Puys please use this thread, feel free to post any kind of questions.. we will definitely try to resolve them..
check out the web first.. we have uploaded newer stuff on the net.

regards,
Indro
PFM 2010

What was the cut off for CAT 2007? What is the acad. weightage?

prfs Says

hi prfs,
i hope u meant cat 2008. isnt it?

well as far as my knowledge goes a 55% percentile cut off in each sections is required. well the higher cut offs make the final cut for gd/ pi.. a 90% overall will most definitely than not get u a gd/pi call and den its ur doing all together.. weightage on acads... honestly i dont know about that.. during my admissions i also had no info on that aspect.. will ask a few fellow buddies n let u know
thanks Dina,
yeah Puys please use this thread, feel free to post any kind of questions.. we will definitely try to resolve them..
check out the web first.. we have uploaded newer stuff on the net.

regards,
Indro
PFM 2010

hi,
what is the real purpose behind setting up iifm.what do the pi panel look in the aspirants.what r the jobs available specifically related to what the students learn.
hi,
what is the real purpose behind setting up iifm.what do the pi panel look in the aspirants.what r the jobs available specifically related to what the students learn.

hi,
this is a request to all the aspirants.. please leave your names at least at the end of ur post.. its funny replying ss, pfrs n all of that kind..

ok coming back to the query... please visit the website: www.iifm.ac.in for information on y IIFM was set up. pretty much of text on it. next about the PIs i think they look for conviction... they try to look through rote answers on loving environment and helping poor and all... more often than not the panel is too wise to look through the actual objectives of students ending up here... so be honest, or at least be a very good actor.. 😃

yeah plcmnts are available in the specific areas of the degrees offered.. and once u r here u will get to know so much that ordinary people dont hence if u find it interesting u will definitely take full advantage of all the opportunities available...

cmon,
with India being the biggest market now and so much of rural market... and so much of climate change and global warming issues all over dont u think people at IIFM have enough to do or look into?? :)

honest advice:
dont just look for the college and what it does... decide on what u want to do??
a sectoral MBA shdnt be a compromise, it will start hurting...
please ask yourself if ur interested.. 😃
and then PLUNGE!!!

all the best folks

regards,
Indro
PFM 2010
prfs Says

As far as I know the CAT 2008 cut off was 55 %ile in each section. Overall cutoff is not disclosed ... In our batch of PFM2010 almost all are above 88%ile.

My suggestion to you buddy would be to first concentrate on cracking the CAT with a good percentile (the more the merrier), as it would greatly improve your chances.

Cheers!!
DiNa
What is the acad. weightage?

Again classified stuff... But the general notion is that max weightage is given to CAT score > then acads , work ex and extra curriculars etc.
As far as I know the CAT 2008 cut off was 55 %ile in each section. Overall cutoff is not disclosed ... In our batch of PFM2010 almost all are above 88%ile.

My suggestion to you buddy would be to first concentrate on cracking the CAT with a good percentile (the more the merrier), as it would greatly improve your chances.

Cheers!!
DiNa

Yup,To all the aspirants,right now ur goal should be cracking the Nov exam with at least a > 90% score at least with 55% sectionals each for a crack at the IIFM GdPi.
prfs Says

sorry for coming late in dis forum...well buddy i think ur queries have been answered by dina and maverick ...nd just to add on dat i would like to say that rght now dont think about de acad. weightage too much..cause if u r able to crack CAT with a very good percentile then the acad. weightage wil not hav dat much great influence...so prepare well fr the exam..nd all the best to all the aspirants....:happy:

hey folks wake up?? no1s asking any questions..

Hi All seniors of IIFM,
When you finally decided to Join IIFM , where did you see yourself in the next five years and in the longer run. (SID must be aware of the same question as i have scraped the same in ORKUT).In short what were your short term and long term ojectives after IIFM.

And Why IIFM ???

Regards
Hari

Hi All seniors of IIFM,
When you finally decided to Join IIFM , where did you see yourself in the next five years and in the longer run. (SID must be aware of the same question as i have scraped the same in ORKUT).In short what were your short term and long term ojectives after IIFM.

And Why IIFM ???

Regards
Hari

really subjective.. every1 will have a varied opinion.. but as for me, i saw myself working in the environmental sector and the businesses related with it. my interests are pretty varied from geo informatics to environmental finance. i still havent made up my mind on the direction i wanna go yet but have a rough idea. why IIFM?? he he!! the most asked question once you are in this college... well many aspects! come and join it and you will know.. :)Hari can we have a little on your background tooregards,Indrozz..

Sid, Dibi, Reeto can we have your inputs also please.. be the guiding light to the aspirants. :)Regards,Indrozz..

I hav visited 2of iift threads........n both of dem r sayin diff % for last yr.....sum r sayin 82,sum r sayin 90........wats dis???? Plz tell me d exact %....n wat r d corses its offerin???i read d package is gud,plz tell me abt d fees tooo:

aditikhosla Says
I hav visited 2of iift threads........n both of dem r sayin diff % for last yr.....sum r sayin 82,sum r sayin 90........wats dis???? Plz tell me d exact %....n wat r d corses its offerin???i read d package is gud,plz tell me abt d fees tooo:

first of all i hope u meant IIFM and not IIFT. See all of us have mentioned that a 90% will definitely ensure u a GD/PI call with a 55% cut off in each section. IIFM doesnt openly come out with these data hence its all the experience we have with the admissions scenario which we can provide to you. percentiles within 80 - 90 also get calls but then i guess chance also plays a role. so try for a 90% at least over all.
for the courses being offered u have to look up our website:
that is:
Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, India
fees has been revised to 3 lacs from this year and as for the packages the average salary for the plcmnts in year 2008 was 7.2 lacs. which means very good return on investment.

any more queries please dont hesitate. but i also plead to all of you make sure you go through our previous threads.. you will find a lot of questions answered there. most of them asked by me. 😃
aditikhosla Says

hi aditi,
i sincerely hope u were referring to IIFM and not IIFT. well as for the cut offs, as IIFM doesnt very discretely come out with such data, according to our experience a 90% with 55% in each will most definitely get you a GD/PI call.
For the courses offered please visit: Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, India

fees from 2009 admissions year has been hiked to Rs. 3 lakhs.
and as for the plcmnt package of 2008 pass outs it was 7.2 lakhs. the return on investment is really good here. :)

any more doubts feel free to let me know but also do read up our previous threads..

Indro

hi aditi,
i sincerely hope u were referring to IIFM and not IIFT. well as for the cut offs, as IIFM doesnt very discretely come out with such data, according to our experience a 90% with 55% in each will most definitely get you a GD/PI call.
For the courses offered please visit: Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal, India

and as for the plcmnt package of 2008 pass outs it was 7.2 lakhs. the return on investment is really good here. :)

any more doubts feel free to let me know but also do read up our previous threads..

hi aditi,