IIBF-JAIIB & CAIIB Info for existing & future Bankers

This thread may be helpful for present,& future Bankers,Jaiib & Caiib Exams conducted by IIBF(indian institute of Banking & Finance) iibf.org.in Passing these exam ur salary get increment, On passing JAIIB , clerks & officers will get…

This thread may be helpful for present,& future Bankers,,,Jaiib & Caiib Exams conducted by IIBF(indian institute of Banking & Finance)
iibf.org.in

Passing these exam ur salary get increment,
On passing JAIIB ,, clerks & officers will get 1 increment in their basic
On passing CAIIB,,, clerks will get 2 increments & officer get 1 increment in their Basics

To Pass CAIIB,,one must have to pass JAIIB...exams conduct in MAY & NOV in a year,,

for appearing in these exam one have to take Ordinary Membership from IIBF,One Time Life Membership Fee for Ordinary Membership is Rs.1500/-for the applicants from India. For Overseas applicants, the fee is US $150/-. (form attached)

than u will get membership no & can apply for JAIIB ,,
you can get form from here
Indian Institute of Banking & Finance - Exam - Schedule

To pass JAIIB or CAIIB their are 3 papers in both ....TIME 2hour

JAIIB ::::: each having 120 ques of 100 marks,, some qs may be of 0.50 mark,, some of 1 mark,, some of 2 marks;;;
1) principal & practice of banking
2) Accounts & Finance for banking
3) Legal & Regulatory aspects of banking

CAIIB ::::: 100 qs of 100 marks
1) Adavanced banking Management
2) Banking Financial Management
3) optional paper .. any of following

you have to get 50 marks out of 100 marks in each paper to pass individually..
If you have all the three papers with together than you may be pass also if you manage min 45 marks in each paper & 50 % marks in aggregate means min 150 score in total of 300 . (((( NO negative marking at all ))))

you will get 4 chances to pass JAIIB or CAIIB in consecutive 2 year.... per 2 chance you have to pay fee : 2100/- for JAIIB,,, 2800/- for CAIIB.
your chances will start from the date to next 2 years on the date you applied for any EXAM.... if you will not get success to clear in 2 year than you have to get a fresh MEMBERSHIP again again to pass exams,,,bt this is rare case.

Tips::::
1) there are 4-5 module in a paper,each module have some chapters...,read properly any 2-3 module...& for other module,, do only objective questions given at last in every chapter.
2)Buy Workbook,, & learn all objective questions given in it.
3)Attempt all questions,,if you are sure that 38-40 ques are correct than mark the same option in rest questions.

Using these tricks even you nt prepare well.. u can go through also.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL PUYS!
KINDLY SHARE YOUR MATERIALS & EXP About these exams so that it may be helpful for otherssss tooo ........ CARRY ON !!!!!!! :cheers::cheers:

Hi,
When do we need to register for it.Whaz d last day and is it an online exam?

Hi,
When do we need to register for it.Whaz d last day and is it an online exam?

my frd Last date of receipt of application forms : 29/02/2012

but to get membership no,,if u do nt have u can apply now,bt it will take time for 1 months,, so u may be able for next nov 2012 exam..
form is attached herewith.

from this year a new rule also being arrived that
It is compulsory for a Candidate to opt the examination centre being his/her Place of Work. If there is no Centre at his/her place of work, shall have to opt the Centre nearest to his/her place of work. However, in case of metropolitan cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, etc., candidates working in the city office but residing at suburbs may appear at the examination at the suburbs where there is a centre for examination.
Candidate who have not followed the above rule and opted for a different centre are required to opt for the proper centre as stated above and communicate to the respective Zonal Office of the Institute before 20th February 2012 in the format given below.
In case if we do not receive any communication from you, we shall presume that the centre opted by you at the November 2011 examination, which will also be the same for May 2012 examination is your place of work/nearest to your place of work as per the above rule.
Result of candidate violating this rule or giving wrong information is liable for cancellation.
Director of Examinations
Indian Institute of Banking & Finance

(request form being attached)

You can give online exam for JAIIB also,,,,
Centre No. Name of the Centre NORTHERN ZONE 397 Ludhiana 501 Agra 514 Dehradun 530 Kanpur 533 Lucknow 603 Chandigarh 610 New Delhi EASTERN ZONE 048 Guwahati 085 PATNA 087 RANCHI 370 BHUBANESHWAR 568 KOLKATA WESTERN ZONE 098 AHMEDABAD 100 BARODA 120 SURAT 257 BHOPAL 268 INDORE 279 RAIPUR 306 MUMBAI 317 NAGPUR 322 PUNE 428 JAIPUR 619 PANAJI SOUTHERN ZONE 013 HYDERABAD 035 VIJAYAWADA 036 Vishakhapatnam 191 BANGALORE 214 MANGALORE 233 CALICUT 236 ERNAKULAM 246 TRICHUR 247 TRIVANDRUM 457 COIMBATORE 467 CHENNAI 468 MADURAI 477 SALEM 480 TIRUCHIRAPALLI 481 TIRUNELVELI

guys u can download useful material for bank po GK & iibf exam frm here
Welcome to Indian Institute of Banking & Finance

How much is the increment amount on passing JAIIB...??

Can a person not employed in bank appear for it...?

This thread may be helpful for present,& future Bankers,,,Jaiib & Caiib Exams conducted by IIBF(indian institute of Banking & Finance)
iibf.org.in

On passing CAIIB,,, clerks will get 2 increments & officer get 1 increment in their Basics

To Pass CAIIB,,one must have to pass JAIIB...exams conduct in MAY & NOV in a year,,

for appearing in these exam one have to take Ordinary Membership from IIBF,One Time Life Membership Fee for Ordinary Membership is Rs.1500/-for the applicants from India. For Overseas applicants, the fee is US $150/-. (form attached)

JAIIB ::::: each having 120 ques of 100 marks,, some qs may be of 0.50 mark,, some of 1 mark,, some of 2 marks;;;

If you have all the three papers with together than you may be pass also if you manage min 45 marks in each paper & 50 % marks in aggregate means min 150 score in total of 300 . (((( NO negative marking at all ))))

you will get 4 chances to pass JAIIB or CAIIB in consecutive 2 year.... per 2 chance you have to pay fee : 2100/- for JAIIB,,, 2800/- for CAIIB.
your chances will start from the date to next 2 years on the date you applied for any EXAM.... if you will not get success to clear in 2 year than you have to get a fresh MEMBERSHIP again again to pass exams,,,bt this is rare case.

1) there are 4-5 module in a paper,each module have some chapters...,read properly any 2-3 module...& for other module,, do only objective questions given at last in every chapter.
3)Attempt all questions,,if you are sure that 38-40 ques are correct than mark the same option in rest questions.

KINDLY SHARE YOUR MATERIALS & EXP About these exams so that it may be helpful for otherssss tooo ........ CARRY ON !!!!!!! :cheers::cheers:

I was under the impression that membership can only be obtained if the organisation you work for is listed as a member of IIB i.e. you can appear for the JAIIB examination only if your employer is a member of the IIB else for everyone else you have the option of pursuing the Diploma in Banking and Finance which is equivalent to JAIIB. Their was no option to pursue CAIIB. Please share your views. Thanks
iibf.org.in

Nice initiative bhai

Can Employees of member of IIBF only sit 4 these exams?
If yes than which banks r member of iibf?
I m planning to do post graduate diploma in banking services from manipal by AXis bank........thats why i need information.
Nice initiative bhai

Can Employees of member of IIBF only sit 4 these exams?
If yes than which banks r member of iibf?
I m planning to do post graduate diploma in banking services from manipal by AXis bank........thats why i need information.

Ordinary Members Eligibility Criteria Membership is open to the employees of recognised banking establishment or financial institutions that are operating in India or in any other country and other institutions providing financial services in India as may be approved by the Council from time to time. Ordinary members are admitted by the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with rules prescribed from time to time. List of approved categories of Institutions in India(other than Banks and FIs)
  1. Ministry of Finance
  2. Department of Post
  3. National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM)
  4. North Eastern Institute of Bank Management (NEIBM)
  5. Indian Banks Association (IBA)
  6. Foreign Exchange Dealers" Association of India (FEDAI)
  7. Fixed Income Money Market and Derivatives Association of India (FIMMDA)
  8. Mutual Funds
  9. Merchant Banking Companies
  10. Registered Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs)
  11. Insurance Companies
  12. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
  13. Discount & Finance House of India (DFHI)
  14. Clearing Corporation of India Ltd.(CCIL)

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
for other details regarding memberships u can visit :::
Ordinary Members Eligibility Criteria Membership is open to the employees of recognised banking establishment or financial institutions that are operating in India or in any other country and other institutions providing financial services in India as may be approved by the Council from time to time. Ordinary members are admitted by the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with rules prescribed from time to time. List of approved categories of Institutions in India(other than Banks and FIs)
  1. Ministry of Finance
  2. Department of Post
  3. National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM)
  4. North Eastern Institute of Bank Management (NEIBM)
  5. Indian Banks Association (IBA)
  6. Foreign Exchange Dealers" Association of India (FEDAI)
  7. Fixed Income Money Market and Derivatives Association of India (FIMMDA)
  8. Mutual Funds
  9. Merchant Banking Companies
  10. Registered Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs)
  11. Insurance Companies
  12. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
  13. Discount & Finance House of India (DFHI)
  14. Clearing Corporation of India Ltd.(CCIL)

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
for other details regarding memberships u can visit :::

Hmm it seems all psbs and pvt. are come under it.
So if i will do pgdbs than working with Axis i can choose CAIIB directly.
What do u think?
nd where u people r working these days.

I am with Federal Bank for last 2 years and have cleared the CAIIB examination.. :clap:It is extremely vital for your elevations, if you are planning to pursue a career in Banking. JAIIB is comparitively easier , especially those having commerce background.. I am an engineer and found bit hard.. BUt managed to clear it off somehow.. CAIIB is bit on complex side with Financial Management as one paper that can really crack your head :banghead:( for those having no commerce base) . But, the reputation in bank after having passed these exams are really good. WIll really cater to faster promotions and getting good profile (vis a vis credit analysis, treasury, International Banking etc). All the best puys.. For any help or info , pm..

Hmm it seems all psbs and pvt. are come under it.
So if i will do pgdbs than working with Axis i can choose CAIIB directly.
What do u think?
nd where u people r working these days.

Hi puys,

I also cleared JAIIB in may 2011. I'm working for an IT company. As my client is a bank, my company sponsors this certification. As far as JAIIB is concerned, it increased my awareness and knowledge about banking. I felt it hard although i cleared it in my first attempt :D...ready to help...:)

HI Ankit...i read ur post of JAIIB & i feel i shd seek more advise from u.....i m new here.if u can provide ur email id i wished to ask couple of more info...thnks.Radhika. My email id : [email protected]

Thanks a lot Ankit.......n do i regiter for this exams??

Great Initiative guys... thanks a lot for the thread

One question.... I am not from Commerce bankground... How hard it is to crack this exam? and How much does it affect if one person gets 80 in JAIIB AND 2nd person gets just 51.. I mean the difference in marks does matter in these exams ?
@thackerha said: Great Initiative guys... thanks a lot for the thread
One question.... I am not from Commerce bankground... How hard it is to crack this exam? and How much does it affect if one person gets 80 in JAIIB AND 2nd person gets just 51.. I mean the difference in marks does matter in these exams ?
It doesnt matter much actually inside the Bank as both of you will be getting increments..But obviousely the class you gets change in certificates..
@coolGarima said: hi frnds this is Garima. I recently joined Union Bank of India. am I eligible to appear in JAIIB.plz reply.
Yes.. You are eligible., You may apply for the IIBF membership and den apply for coming JAIIB

is dere ny honararium for scoring acertain percentage of marks say 70% and above besides the increment