IGTC Indo German Training Center?

Hi,

About Indo-German I have done sme research to know abt its quality and ROI. Its a course well recognised among the corporates. You have Co's Like Siemens, Bosch,hypercity etc. who are training & recruiting students with attractive packages & job profiles. Even the faculty's are great frm various Bschools like JBIMS, SPJain etc. I dont' think its a cause to worry as the ROI is tremendous.

Hi,

About Indo-German I have done sme research to know abt its quality and ROI. Its a course well recognised among the corporates. You have Co's Like Siemens, Bosch,hypercity etc. who are training & recruiting students with attractive packages & job profiles. Even the faculty's are great frm various Bschools like JBIMS, SPJain etc. I dont' think its a cause to worry as the ROI is tremendous.

You might be right if u r talkin abt Mumbai Center....are u?

If not, then other wise, plz forget the rest of the centers....they will really spoil ur career.....coz Blore is upcoming center, which started in sept 08.

u can PM to know wat i exactly went thru at Blore center.

I have heard that at IGTC Mumbai,

1. At the time of admission company HR heads interview the students.
  2. Only after the company has endorsed the the students for 6 months of practical training that IGTC takes the student to the program.
  3. It is an industry focused program high on applicability.
Please ppl throw more light on the program as I am very interested in doing this dual system of training course and want to be sure am I doing the right thing and making the right career choice ????????????????????

Hi Megha,

On the info abt the IGTC course, here are the ones on which u can decide on ur own:

1. Its PGP - Post graduation program, not diploma which are normally given by B school nor its equivalent to MBA as it does not have AICTE approval.

2. No AICTE approval - most companies prefer AICTE approval.

3. Company (mostly German) endorsed program - which is the only strong point. But u wont get to choose the area of project.

4. Its an General Management programe in Business Admins - PGPBA. No specialization. Specialization is the subject u take at the internship.

5. Good rate of return, but not recognised by most industries other than germans.

6. The certificate is provided by Indo German Chamber of Commerce which is not an institute nor an educational body.

First of all, stick to option only to Mumbai. Even if u dont make it to Mumbai, try not joining any other centres...coz u wil be given spot admission offers if u wont make it to Mumbai center.

Trust me these info will never be given to any one nor by any one. I too was not aware of all this until I joined the college.....:snipersm:

Hi

I hv spoken to a few of the Alumni and current students who have done their course at the IGTC Mumbai and clarified all that Rockme has written about the course. For my curiosity I even spoke to IGTC Mumbai Current students who are the right spoke persons and people who are in the system to guide us better. The answers that I have got are as under:-

1. Its a certificate program and very different from a regular MBA. It has 6 months of practical training with companies which gives hands on practical exposure to its students and make them competitive in the industry.
  2. Companies concentrate on the quality of students and not the approval. To name few Co's to the program- Siemens, Bosch, Bayer, Hypercity etc.
  3. The projects are decided by IGTC keeping in mind the students aspirations and what the company has planned for the student.
  4. Its a general mgmt as the companys who interview you at the time of admission looks at students who can work cross functional i.e various departments of mgmt
  5. Well recognised by Indo-German Co's. More over the companys providing training & placements are not small companies by any standard. Check their website
  6. Indo-German Chamber of Commerce is a non profit organization registered under the Company Act. It is instrumental in promoting trade and commerce between India & Germany. Check their website for their authenticity and ask yr parents as they must be aware wht a chamber of commerce is involved in & its credibility cant be doubted in any ways. I am very convinced & hv done major R & D
Do the same 4 yr self as its a very good option
Hi

I hv spoken to a few of the Alumni and current students who have done their course at the IGTC Mumbai and clarified all that Rockme has written about the course. For my curiosity I even spoke to IGTC Mumbai Current students who are the right spoke persons and people who are in the system to guide us better. The answers that I have got are as under:-
  1. Its a certificate program and very different from a regular MBA. It has 6 months of practical training with companies which gives hands on practical exposure to its students and make them competitive in the industry.
  2. Companies concentrate on the quality of students and not the approval. To name few Co's to the program- Siemens, Bosch, Bayer, Hypercity etc.
  3. The projects are decided by IGTC keeping in mind the students aspirations and what the company has planned for the student.
  4. Its a general mgmt as the companys who interview you at the time of admission looks at students who can work cross functional i.e various departments of mgmt
  5. Well recognised by Indo-German Co's. More over the companys providing training & placements are not small companies by any standard. Check their website
  6. Indo-German Chamber of Commerce is a non profit organization registered under the Company Act. It is instrumental in promoting trade and commerce between India & Germany. Check their website for their authenticity and ask yr parents as they must be aware wht a chamber of commerce is involved in & its credibility cant be doubted in any ways. I am very convinced & hv done major R & D
Do the same 4 yr self as its a very good option

Hi Megha,

Absolutely right! Good to know tht u did ur R&D; and u are serious abt the course. If u get Mumbai center go ahead and join....coz tht's wat I have been telling. And big NO for other centers as few of my friends stil there are finding it sad, though I left the course due to the poor organized way of governing at Blore center.

But one word of caution is this is not recognised by AICTE nor it is an educational institute ...due to which this PGP wil not be considered for higher studies like PhD and many companies.

If u want to know wat kind of project u get ...then plz PM me. I was placed at TUV Rheindland.

Please dont mistake me...I am not against IGTC, but my suggestion to u all is plz restrict ur option to Mumbai center only as IGTC has two more centers in Blore and Chennai which are not at par with Mumbai center and are not worth joining.

ATB

On IGTC,

Dont do this course just for sake of fullfilling the dream of doing MBA. Coz this course is not MBA nor its PG diploma....its just a certificate course which can be compared to courses like NIIT or so.

This course has lots of potential if the direction are right as this is not normal way of educating like other B-schools.

ATB

On IGTC,

Dont do this course just for sake of fullfilling the dream of doing MBA. Coz this course is not MBA nor its PG diploma....its just a certificate course which can be compared to courses like NIIT or so.

This course has lots of potential if the direction are right as this is not normal way of educating like other B-schools.

ATB

Hi Rockyme,

Firstly thanks a lot for sharing all the information about the course at IGTC. It was really kind of you to do that.

I am currently working in Delhi as an Account Manager (Institutional Segment) for the Timesgroup. I have been keenly tracking events at IGTC ever since last year. Unfortunately, I contacted this institute in the month of July'08 when i was told that i was too late. Anyway the person who answered by call was one Mr.Sudish a student who will be passing out this year. Being a Saturday that i called, he collected my details for passing onto admin and assured me that i would be sent an e-mail when the next years admission process starts.

Anywayz I kept in constant touch with Sudish to know more about developments at IGTC and this is what he told me:

1. IGTC first of all is not a B-School, it is a training initiaitive by the Indo German Chamber of Commerce with an intent to help their member companies recruit & train quality manpower for their companies. I believe this today because 2 weeks back, Sudish conveyed the good news about an offer from his training company Endress and Hauser which is into process automation. They have offered him a profile of Product Manager for one of their product ranges, his starting salary is RS.30K p.m + perks and expenses and he will be sent to GErmany for training.

2. He has told me that there are close to 6000 companies who are members of the chamber and these companies are not at all bothered about any approvals primarily because they get to see the trainee during the 6 months internship. And ur performance during those 6 months will talk for yourself and the institute. Its also remarkable that the top of the line companies are in those 6000.

3. Now I was rather taken aback to read about your experience at Bangalore branch because the receipent of their premier award for excellence 2 years back was a student from the Bangalore Centre. Also i noticed that the companies tied up with bangalore branch are different. I would surely like to know more about ur experience and i will PM you rockyme.

4. Since the companies are taking in you as a trainee, the question of whether u will be placed does not arise as over the peiod of 6 months, the company will gauge where u fit and you will be placed accordingly.

5. One thing sudish has emphasized is that the work profiles are just amazing, 2 of his classmates got an offer last week to join in the Logistics Dept. Around 8 students with Bosch of his batch are currently pursuing their intership in Germany since past 2 months. Despite current economic slowdown....they are better off due to their alliance with partnering companies.

6. Sudish was kind enough to give me contacts of his batchmates, seniors and other alumni and they all have given quite a good feedback.

7. I also spoke to mayur and gaurav - also in sudish batch and they have to say that the faculty is the best in Mumbai....they have some top notch profs who teach them the latest and apt syllabus which the industry demands. Infact most of the people who teach them are not profs, but top management people from well known companies. They are doing really good projects.....

Right now i am eagerly waiting to apply and get into this institute....because I simply like the model, its different, unique and its German and the proven track record of their Alumni is quite remarkable. If u dont mind, could you please PM me names and contact details of some of your batch mates in Bangalore. Its a humble request dear....

Honestly rocky, i would n't mind joining Chennai or Bangalore....because the model is the same everywhere, the companies are different and since they are new, things would take some time to be up & running in full swing.

But i am eagerly willing to take the plunge because an alumni of igtc who's currently settled in germany told me this - Its how hard you work and how much you take from all that igtc & their companies give that matters at the end of the day....and there is a lot that they give.....and learning to overcome hurdles is one of them.

Looking forward for your continued advice and support....Sanika
I have heard that at IGTC Mumbai,
  1. At the time of admission company HR heads interview the students.
  2. Only after the company has endorsed the the students for 6 months of practical training that IGTC takes the student to the program.
  3. It is an industry focused program high on applicability.

Please ppl throw more light on the program as I am very interested in doing this dual system of training course and want to be sure am I doing the right thing and making the right career choice ????????????????????

Hi Meghna,

So nice of you to share your feedback about igtc....i am also very keen on joining this institute.....got some really good feedback from their current students and alumni which i have written in a thread.....please PM me......we can share notes....I feel that you are also eagerly looking forward to join igtc......Sanika
Hi Rockyme,
Firstly thanks a lot for sharing all the information about the course at IGTC. It was really kind of you to do that.

3. Now I was rather taken aback to read about your experience at Bangalore branch because the receipent of their premier award for excellence 2 years back was a student from the Bangalore Centre. Also i noticed that the companies tied up with bangalore branch are different. I would surely like to know more about ur experience and i will PM you rockyme.

If u dont mind, could you please PM me names and contact details of some of your batch mates in Bangalore. Its a humble request dear....

Looking forward for your continued advice and support....Sanika

Hi Sanika,

I am happy tht u hav done ur R&D; too on this institute. As I have been tellin all tht it is a innovative way to educate managers for future. But at the same time I have always marked the risk tht is tagged with this course. Especially Blore center for their unorganized way of conducting the course.

Mark my line....Bangalore Center started in Sept 01, 08. so ur answer on the point 3. stands rubbish. After reading ur post I really felt tht one more Rockyme is fooled....

and Chennai center started 2 years back i guess.

Now coming to personal numbers of the students at Blore center, I am sorry...where as I can give u my number as I had joined it. After confirming from me u can cross chk any details I have told above.

Any time I am ready to clarify my info.

* All my experience are based on Blore center. But since my cousin himself is from Mumbai IGTC passed out, I know it well and have been suggesting u guys....

Even I was shocked to see the disoriented management of Blore center after joining thinking it wud same as Mumbai center.

Thanks to all PGs for sharing their view abt IGTC.

one thing i would like to discuss ...what about placement of current batch..most of companies are either sendign there employees on temporary or permanent leave :(

then what about these Indo-German Co. as most of them are from Manufacturing and IT field, the two most affected sectors.

Any one please share information about current batch's placement figures

Regards

Alekh Singh
BTech Textiles 2006
working with Reliance Industries Ltd. (Polyester Grp)

is BMW part of this IGTC???....if so in wat way....i.e. they recruit for job r just take for internship??

Not trying to be critical of Singhalekh or Rockyme.
I have been to the chennai centre. The promise is that - if the candidate is from a manufacturing background, which of course includes work-ex in a manufacturing related sector (of course IT or ITES in the same line is not considered as MANUFACTURING exp, tho the exp is as such considered), the companies prefer such candidates and that these candidates have almost no problems getting placed.
Secondly, the person at the centre said, "if the shift is from Engineering to Finance or something as abstract, it maybe difficult. the current batch has a number of students who are yet to be placed because the IT sector is down and the HR deptt of the IT co's ask ' we ourselves are sitting jobless at work. if these fellows come here as interns, they'll only have to sit looking at our faces'. so we are currently struggling, tho by end march every year we end up placing all students."
Singhalekh, what makes u think Manufacturing sector is down? I have been in the manufacturing industry, flying solo as an independent design professional, making enuf out of my job to get myself anything and everything i want and i've not been stung by the recession. I'm looking at an MBA or equivalent to shift to a marketing profile, because that is my forte. Read up a little of Business India, Business Today, Outlook Business and business dailies. Slowdowns never hit manufacturing industries as bad as they hit all the new-age industries like IT, semiconductor or other such.
Rockyme, have you checked out the chennai centre? or are you taking an educated guess about how things are here? I have a friend who works with Bosch in the after-market services division who says this is the sure way to enter Bosch for anyone with a mechanical engg degree with relevant workex. Pls dont think i'm mocking at you, but don't you feel your options about the company to take the internships at might've been limited due to your work-ex profile? I don't see scope for a software tester (with all due regards to your skill at work), at a place like Bosch, Bayer or Fuchs. IGTC is clearly a place that focuses on a narrower spectrum of the placement pie - Manufacturing and IT, though the profiles may be almost anything u get to.
No offense guys. But just wanted to clarify.

Thanks to all PGs for sharing their view abt IGTC.

one thing i would like to discuss ...what about placement of current batch..most of companies are either sendign there employees on temporary or permanent leave :(

then what about these Indo-German Co. as most of them are from Manufacturing and IT field, the two most affected sectors.

Any one please share information about current batch's placement figures

Regards

Alekh Singh
BTech Textiles 2006
working with Reliance Industries Ltd. (Polyester Grp)
pravinmc Says
is BMW part of this IGTC???....if so in wat way....i.e. they recruit for job r just take for internship??

IGTC is a training institute. BMW is not part of it. but they take in people for an internship and absorb the candidate, upon satisfactory performance during internship. So is an other company that is listed in the recruiters page in the official website.

Hey Guys...

I completely agree with RockyMe here...

Hey Guys...

I completely agree with RockyMe here... I've just passed out of IGTC Chennai branch in March this year and this is what I feel about the institute.

Firstly, let me clarify that Bangalore and Chennai are considered as one region and has a common Director. IGTC Mumbai has a completely different Director and does not have any kind of link with Chennai or Bangalore. The only thing thats common is the name IGTC. The situation is pathetic in Chennai and Bangalore. If u r tryin to join IGTC pls don look beyond Mumbai..

As far as Chennai is concerned there is no proper procedure in place to do anythin.. like conduct exams.. tests.. etc. I know this because i've suffered there for 2 years. Nobody from the college was absorbed in any of the companies and most of them have found a job for themselves for salaries as low at 7.5K....

So if u r trying to join Chennai or Bangalore branch my humble suggestion would be to drop the plan. Mumbai is really good and lots of opportunities there because it was started 16 yrs ago and has realy good contacts with german companies.

Pls go ahead and ask wat ever u feel like.

What was your profile ( ie educational background & all) and where did u got placed???

hi seniors,

cud u give some idea about the course at igtc mumbai and also the placements at this institute.............i am from the chemical engineering field and have an interview call for igtc mumbai.............is it a reputed institute, asking coz i'v heard quite a few not so good reviews about bangalore and chennai but have no much info on igtc mumbai

plzzz help!!!

HeLlo Friends..
This is Vrushali here,
I am currently pursuing my PGPBA in the Indo-German Training Centre, Chennai. Here is the True review of the Institue.
Faculty- The faculty is a experienced and a knowledgeable one. They have a vast knowledge in their respective field. We got a lot of insights from the faculty not only related to the course, but also relatd to the Corporate world - the realities. The Delivery of lectures is good, and satisfactory.

Interns - We have a small batch of 25 students for whch we hd a confirmed slot of 54 for the students to do interns, which means, there was a choice of minimum 2 companies. Luck ones were to have 3 - 4 choices.

Compnaies: there were Companies like SSIPL, BGR, BMW, Nippo batteries, MaFoi, bajaj Allianz, MAERSk logistics, Suzlon energy, Borkert India, Tecpro, Sundaram clayton(TVS group), Wealth Advisors, and many more......

Please feel free to contct me for more details.

Vrushali Manohar
IGTC, Chennai,
2008-10

IGTC ,Chennai is offering internship opportunities in reputed companies.

Hello Friends,

The information represented by Bangalorean is incorrect .