IGIDR:Entrance

Dear PG’s, I would like to know what are the kind of questions asked at the entrance. Would it be similar to a CAT paper or relatively much easier. Is data interpretation present along with lodical reasoning? Is there a lot of Econom…

Dear PG's,
I would like to know what are the kind of questions asked at the entrance.
Would it be similar to a CAT paper or relatively much easier.

Is data interpretation present along with lodical reasoning?

Is there a lot of Economics which is asked?

Cheers!

Dear PG's,
I would like to know what are the kind of questions asked at the entrance.
Would it be similar to a CAT paper or relatively much easier.

Is data interpretation present along with lodical reasoning?

Is there a lot of Economics which is asked?

Cheers!

Dude, the sample paper for the test is there on igidr.ac.in, download it there.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have downloaded that. The issue is that it does not mention any trignometry questions but they have been asked. In fact, the sample paper leaves me with a opinion that, these are the following that are asked in the quantitative
1)Set theory
2)Calculus-am doubtful about differential equations
3)Matrices and determinants
4)Partial fractions
5)Probability and probability distributions
6)Measures of central tendency

I would like to know if there are any other topics to be included.

And also what are teh kind of questions which come in the first part. Do they resemble CAT questions?

Dear PG's,
Help!

:

can plzz anyone tell me from where i can easily download igidr entrance previous year question papers

Scorpio_19 Says
Dude, the sample paper for the test is there on igidr.ac.in, download it there.

Can you please post the link here or tell me where on the website are the sample paper given?
MrFit Says
Can you please post the link here or tell me where on the website are the sample paper given?

You are one lucky dude..
I found this thread from google and i can help you on this. I gave the ma entrances last year after a disappointing cat. All the best.
:thumbsup:
PM me for any details as i think nobody would be available on this thread.:drinking:

http://www.igidr.ac.in/pdf/informh-2009.pdf

Hi ,

what is the level of questions asked. how many questions are there and what is the total time provided could u plz temme when is interview scheduled once we are selected that is after how many days

Please do reply

Hi ,

what is the level of questions asked. how many questions are there and what is the total time provided could u plz temme when is interview scheduled once we are selected that is after how many days

Please do reply

The above link (given in my previous post) gives you the instruction file containing the no of Ques (80+50), the time (3hrs) and also a few sample questions from both the sections.
Exam will be on 24th april 2011 and the result came out around may end last year. The interviews were held in mumbai on 28th and 29th june last year and the final merit list was out around 10th july. Hope this helps.

PS: I am not a senior, just a fellow aspirant like you.

Thanks for ur reply......how are u preparing for it for maths if we complete CBSE 11th 12th and for 1st section good SNAP or cat prep wud suffice?

. I gave the ma entrances last year after a disappointing cat.

which all MA entrances did you sit for?
neha995 Says
Thanks for ur reply......how are u preparing for it for maths if we complete CBSE 11th 12th and for 1st section good SNAP or cat prep wud suffice?

No, for maths u need to study the 1st year eco hons maths. 11th and 12th are not required if u have prepared for cat and know the basics. Last year i gave the entrance just the next day of my development final exam and i didnt prepare for a bit. I was comfortable with maths in 1st year which helped me a lot in getting the call. :drinking: For ur 1st section containing 80 Qs, i think u should prepare from some basic cat material. Would be more

jadedsoul Says
which all MA entrances did you sit for?

Basically, my interest is still in mba, (no offence to ma/msc eco aspirants) i just gave ma entrances as a backup option but couldn't do anything there without preparing for them.:lookround:
So my experience may not be 'rich' enough to help u guys but i can try. For the record, i gave igidr, jnu and d school.

hi... im an engineer considering studying economics...is ma a good option if ur planning to go into policy making area.....?

2. or courses which combine engineering with eco....

thanks.

hiee i studied maths in 11 and 12,,
know the topics like calculus,matrices,partial fraction and all
so 11/12 math is enough or have to learn more,,if yes please suggest the topic and book.

1 more question - i filled form 2 days back,my form is showing pending,,didnt get any conformation mail,,

hi... im an engineer considering studying economics...is ma a good option if ur planning to go into policy making area.....?

2. or courses which combine engineering with eco....

thanks.

Friend i have seen people from IITs joining JNU and DSE. I am not a senior so i can't help u much with that.

hiee i studied maths in 11 and 12,,
know the topics like calculus,matrices,partial fraction and all
so 11/12 math is enough or have to learn more,,if yes please suggest the topic and book.

1 more question - i filled form 2 days back,my form is showing pending,,didnt get any conformation mail,,

I think u have covered most of the maths topics if u keep ur level good in the above mentioned topics. You can look at probability, determinants etc and just to brush up your maths, u can look at these books for reference-
Mathematical Methods for Economics- Sydsaeter and Hammond
Mathematics for Economists- Simon and Blume

Don't go in depth as the paper is not too difficult. The entrance is easy to crack but the interview is the toughest stage..specially given the dearth of seats.

For your 2nd question, I am not a senior so can't help in that but from last year's experience, the didn't reply to my emails regarding some mistake that i made in my form. So you can try ur luck calling if u think it is required..
Hope it helps..:cheerio:

hi
i wanna know what type of qstn they ask in analytical section?

hi
i wanna know what type of qstn they ask in analytical section?

Those 80Qs include VA, DI and LA. Level of questions is similar to mat, some of them are slightly difficult thereby tempting you to make a guess. It is upto you to handle that (as in case of all mba entrances with negative marking).
Hope it helps.. All the best:cheerio:
Those 80Qs include VA, DI and LA. Level of questions is similar to mat, some of them are slightly difficult thereby tempting you to make a guess. It is upto you to handle that (as in case of all mba entrances with negative marking). Last year I did around 57-58 out of those 80, with all genuine attempts along with 35 from the other section and managed to get the call.
Hope it helps.. All the best:cheerio:

thanks for guide,
priya sinha2011 Says
thanks for guide,

Hi All

Gave igidr yesterday found exam on tougher side.paper was of 3 hrs and there was no 6ve marking this time.it was divided into two sections 80 questions VA DI &LA; and 50 higher maths

VA--4 RC were given 2 of them werer really tough --CR and paragraph completion
LA & DI - questions on sets were easy but lenghty
puzzles and bar chart questions were of OK level difficult then mat or snap
higher maths questions were frm following topics
probablity distribution---difficult
kurtosis ,mean
series and sequences
inequalities
matrices and detreminants propertiescalculus
differential eqns

i attempted around 45-50 questions which i donth think is good enough. :-(....since -ve marking waas nt thers this time

plz fwd ur experiences tooo....looking fwd for replies ...

and anybody giving GIPE?