IFMR class of 2007-09!

huhahuha! after much speculation, much dilemma, much consulating, here i am. finally hit on my school for the next two years- IFMR Chennai! The initial doubt about the not-so-well-known name, visit to the cute campus, talking to the poli…

huhahuha!

after much speculation, much dilemma, much consulating, here i am. finally hit on my school for the next two years- IFMR Chennai!

The initial doubt about the not-so-well-known name, visit to the cute campus, talking to the polite faculty, all the help in the world from the seniors @ PG, (and of course, the placement figures. ) we have all been through the same cycle.

jump in, class of the IFMR PGDBM 2007-09!

hello
me too in!!

even i..........

Hello Ch8ana, coolcat , prateek and all batchmates-2007-09,
A warm Welcome to IFMR. For two years you are in good hands. Well the campus will be lot more buzzing now...with 60 new students and 27 existing students...Good intitiative ch8ana by openin a new thread...carry on with pre-IFMR enthusiasam..

cheers,
missnazar

count me in too!!!cheers

wow,
4 posts so fast, thats not bad, not bad at all!

look guys, this's my theory about IFMR- we really need a lot more mouths talkin about it. that, is the only thing that lacks about the place.

that was the whole point of starting the thread, so that we start info advertising about our insti- wen so many less good instis are more well-known coz their students are louder- IFMR deserves the same ethu too. watchuguys think?

I too, visited IFMR simply, not expecting to be impressed by it. but during the one day stay i really was! like i mentioned in the old thread- its one of those homely schools that impress u. i simply dumped other 'higher brand name' colleges i had an offer from (of course, after much thinking and research).

anyway, students play a major role in boosting any image, and IFMR surely deserves the effort!

cheers,
chethana.

Great effort chethana!
me in too....
my profile:
Did B.E(ECE) and passed out in 2006... been working with cts for the past 6 months.... and im from chennai...

the rest of the batch pls chip in wid ur profile details so tat we can know each other a little better:)

cheers
menerva

mecoolcat, prateek, shashubhai, itd' be nice to see ur guys profile too..

please mention if u gonna b day scholor or at hostel - that wud b real helpful info.

and isnt it funny that the official website still hasnt put up the list?

well sumone said that the list will be updated on the website after 2nd april!!!

prateek2912 Says
well sumone said that the list will be updated on the website after 2nd april!!!

dude, isnt that the last day? so they'll only put up the waiting list, not the merit?

the list was updated late even wen calls for GDPI were sent, wasnt it?

i agree to ur point but they said that they'll put up the list of those students who have been selected and have sent their dds'.

my profile:
b.e(e.c.e)- 85%(fresher)
cat percentile-96.35
i think that covers all bases...and yes regarding wether i will take up hostel facilties will see how it goes(as it is limited in number)

ps:ch8na great work opening up the new thread.cheers!!!

Sagi is back! and was stuck up with the old thread till she stumbled upon this one!!!!

Hey Chethana.gr8 work girl..like i told u...i like ur enthu...another "Missnazar" in the making.

It's a fantastic thread to begin with & the idea behind it is pretty neat. But guys we need to keep tis alive n rocking...for ahemmmm better visibility.

Have diverted the guys from the old thread to this one.

Cheers.

P.S.- Am not sure whether i shud ve posted here, coz i still haven't confirmed my admission. The dilemma continues. Hope to arrive at a conclusion over the weekend.

wow,
4 posts so fast, thats not bad, not bad at all!

look guys, this's my theory about IFMR- we really need a lot more mouths talkin about it. that, is the only thing that lacks about the place.

that was the whole point of starting the thread, so that we start info advertising about our insti- wen so many less good instis are more well-known coz their students are louder- IFMR deserves the same ethu too. watchuguys think?

I too, visited IFMR simply, not expecting to be impressed by it. but during the one day stay i really was! like i mentioned in the old thread- its one of those homely schools that impress u. i simply dumped other 'higher brand name' colleges i had an offer from (of course, after much thinking and research).

anyway, students play a major role in boosting any image, and IFMR surely deserves the effort!

cheers,
chethana.

Hey congrats folk for having your own space on pagalguy.. and yeah I completely agree with you on the words of mouth thing. Hope your batch will be able to take forward things started by earlier batches.

Congrats again

Rajneesh

hi all,

nice to see the positive reaction coming on, and really glad that i am not being accused of cluttering forums with the thread.

me, am a fresher too, and will definitely honour the hostel with ma presence!

saagii... like i probably have already told u a 100 times, think from every angle before u commit urself t any place. but u can post here even u havent made up ur mind- thats a lot better than me- starting a thread without even joining yet! :wink:

also, i have the old problem, i already have a lap top, should i again buy from the insti? i can change the config etc acc to the need, if thats the issue...

cheers,
chethana

PS: my pleasure to start this thread, shashubhai and rajneesh!

Hi,
Seems like the girls are more active in this thread.Can I know where you are all from?????????

Hi!! frenz

me too joinin......a nice institute to study in

saggi there shud not be ne dillemma.....If u wanna go for a brand go for MICA n If wanna make a brand come wth us. we wll make it a brand...(after all institute is frm the students)
If deeply intrested in ad industry den I wll say go for MICA.

hi mecoolcat, i am from b'lore. lived here all ma life. watchabout u?u, missnazar, saggii and i are the only gals here, i guess!

hey aries (sorry , cant recal ur full nickname now) , how come u have two instis under ur name? and u are going to join IFMR or will b our senior?

Hi mecoolcat...Sagi is from Mumbai.lived here all her life. Done her BMS & then a diploma in Advtg & PR . Wrking too, for almost 2 yrs now.She's crazy n a Sagitarrian to the core!!!

Cheers