IFMR-Class of 2006-08.

Hi… Guyz… Despite that we come from different backgrounds, have different tastes and preferences, different habbits, different CAT Scores (even we may have prepared with different coaching institutes, differently), WE all have one thing com…

Hi.. Guyz..

Despite that we come from different backgrounds, have different tastes and preferences, different habbits, different CAT Scores (even we may have prepared with different coaching institutes, differently), WE all have one thing common. The IFMR tag.
For the next two years we will be partners in our joys, sorrows, good and bad experiences (read partners in case studies and presentation sessions).

So, from now onwards this will be our place for discussing our plans and all.

Welcome aboard.

Rajneesh.

Hi.. Guyz..

Despite that we come from different backgrounds, have different tastes and preferences, different habbits, different CAT Scores (even we may have prepared with different coaching institutes, differently), WE all have one thing common. The IFMR tag.
For the next two years we will be partners in our joys, sorrows, good and bad experiences (read partners in case studies and presentation sessions).

Welcome aboard.

Rajneesh.

Good start Rajneesh. I don't know how such a nice institute remained unnoticed by the MBA aspirants..Is it becoz of over advertisement by other institutes or no advertisement by IFMR. When asked this same question to one of the students at IFMR she told me that IFMR just want to be known by or come up by its quality. Quality of students it intakes...quality of faculity it has and finally important of all quality placements it provides.

me too going in for ifmr...

dont bother about publicity of ifmr,drushti...it'll come up on its own.we must ensure we make ifmr proud of us in the next 2 yrs.

ATB to everyone

Hi.. Guyz..

Welcome aboard.

Rajneesh.

hey raj, edit it to batch of 2008, not 2006. we r going to be class of 2008

Hey ppl....first of all congratzzzz to all those ppl who made it into IFMR....now...I actually have my GDPI for BIM at IFMR on 20th ...so anyone with anyknowledge help me with how to get to this place from the station or bus stand...i will be comin there from bangalore......is it pretty far from the station...can i take a taxi or something....please do help...

Hi all,
For those who are going to take educational loan. Here is some information
I called up Mr. Ravi Shankar ( person in charge of admission process) yesterday regarding this and got this reply from him thru e-mail

Dear Ms. Drushti,
You can check with local Indian Overseas Bank. Show them your offer letter and also inform them that IOB has tied up with IFMR for educational loans. The present rate is 9%.
Regards,
Ravi Shankar
Hope this would be a useful information...

freespirit_x1 Says
Hey ppl....first of all congratzzzz to all those ppl who made it into IFMR....now...I actually have my GDPI for BIM at IFMR on 20th ...so anyone with anyknowledge help me with how to get to this place from the station or bus stand...i will be comin there from bangalore......is it pretty far from the station...can i take a taxi or something....please do help...

Hi..
You can get down to the Chennai Central Station and take a pre-paid auto from there to Kothari Road (off Sterling road opp. loyala College). The fare will be around 50-60 Rs.
All the best for your GD/PI.

For any other querries. you can PM me...
Hope it helps.
Hi..
You can get down to the Chennai Central Station and take a pre-paid auto from there to Kothari Road (off Sterling road opp. loyala College). The fare will be around 50-60 Rs.
All the best for your GD/PI.

For any other querries. you can PM me...
Hope it helps.

hey...thanx for the info ...anyways..any sugestions wher i can put up in chennai....need a place to hit as i'll be landin there in the morning.....,thanx again for the info...
freespirit_x1 Says
Hi..
You can find a lot of good hotels of all budget types around chennai central railway station. You can also take help from the tourist information center at the rly. stn. Well i stayed in the IFMR hostels so can't give you any specific hotel's name..

Raj.

hey duk(rajneesh), good effort yaar :)

dear ppl, dont worry abt the advt (image) of IFMR. It rreally has a gud image among those who need to know. My father had done some enquiries and the feed back he got was awesome. (Yep, not only IT ppl but also doctors know abt IFMR. So, I dont even need to tell abt the banking ppl rite?)

nb: dont worry abt the quality of the students, we are in rite? WE are QUALITY

meghnaray Says
hey raj, edit it to batch of 2008, not 2006. we r going to be class of 2008

Hi..
you are right.Meghna. it should be better like class of 2006-2008.
Well the problem is that i can't find any toold to edit the thread's name.
If any of you guyz know something then i am open to suggestions.

Raj.
Hi..
you are right.Meghna. it should be better like class of 2006-2008.
Well the problem is that i can't find any toold to edit the thread's name.
If any of you guyz know something then i am open to suggestions.

Raj.

Easiest way is to PM one of the moderators to change it.
ravanan Says
Easiest way is to PM one of the moderators to change it.

Thanks yaar...
I sent a PM to the moderator to change the thread's title.

HI all..

I just got a mail from R. Nagarajan (registrar IFMR) regarding the education loans. I am posting the text here..

Dear Mr.Kumar,

Regarding the bank loans, now-a-days all the banks are offering banks loans. You may approach either Indian Bank or Indian Overseas Bank in your area. Both the banks have agreed to consider loans to our students. Approach them with the offer letter and tell them that IFMR is a client of theirs - Indian Bank (Sterling Road Branch), IOB (Nungambakkam Branch). The branch concerned can verify with their counterparts about IFMR or alternatively if you can mail me their address, I shall ask the concerned bank managers here to inform their counterparts in your area. I do not know the interest rates. I will check and inform you if there is any concessional offer to IFMR students from these two banks.

Now, guyz what we can do is that let's approach the local branches of IOB and Indian Bank.. talk to them about the loans and then we can mail a consilidated list of the branches to the registrar so that he can make phone calls to those respective branches.. This way the task will be cut out..

So all the loan seekers.. please PM me your yahoo Ids so that i can forward the mail to you all..

Bye..

Raj.

Nice to see some activity here. But I will not be taking up IFMR so atb to the 06-08 batch!

HAPPY HOLI to seniors and batchmates

hi guys
what a nice thread 2 start lets introduce ourself .
sanjeev mishra
B.E (MECHANICAL)
BHUBANESWAR.

AND SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL WHO REALLY HELPED ME 2 KNO ABT BANK LOANS.
N THNKZZZZZZ UTPAL 4 ANSWERING MY QUERIES SO SYSTEMATICALLY.

hai rajnesh
iam also a member of IFMR(2006-200. I too got a call and finally decided to take up the course. My name is Ratna Sekhar and iam from visakhapatnam.ATB

Hi

I am Raman C Nair, B.Tech (IT), Thiruvananthapuram.