IFMR Admission Queries for the year 2008

*Hi all, I’m Pramod Kumar; I am a student of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management course (2007-09 batch) at the Institute for Financial Management and Research, Chennai, popularly known as IFMR. I am starting this thread with the sole…

Hi all,

I'm Pramod Kumar; I am a student of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management course (2007-09 batch) at the Institute for Financial Management and Research, Chennai, popularly known as IFMR.

I am starting this thread with the sole intention of helping out to answer any queries related to Admissions at IFMR.

IFMR is a premier management institute and an institute of National Importance (
Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India) promoted by ICICI bank and the House of Kothari's and other corporates. It is one of the top 10 private B-schools in India and also one of the top 5 B-Schools in Tamil Nadu.

Feel free to ask any of the queries related to the admission and the student life which simply rocks!!!

Cheers,
Pramod:)
Hi all,
I'm Pramod Kumar; I am a student of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management course (2007-09 batch) at the Institute for Financial Management and Research, Chennai, popularly known as IFMR.
I am starting this thread with the sole intention of helping out to answer any queries related to Admissions at IFMR.
IFMR is a premier management institute and an institute of National Importance (Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India) promoted by ICICI bank and the House of Kothari's and other corporates. It is one of the top 10 private B-schools in India and also one of the top 5 B-Schools in Tamil Nadu.
Feel free to ask any of the queries related to the admission and the student life which simply rocks!!!
Cheers,
Pramod:)

Hi ,

Good work Pramod :). I will post on the new thread as and when required.

Cheers,
missnazar

ya ive seen tat last yr percentile was 85.... but do they ask for clearin all 3 sections compulsarily???

sriram007 Says
ya ive seen tat last yr percentile was 85.... but do they ask for clearin all 3 sections compulsarily???

There are no sectional cut - offs specified by the admission office. But they expect good percentile in Quants and English. Again Good is not defined by any percentile. Get overall above 85% ile . Further refinement of candidates happens from this chunk thereafter.

Cheers,
missnazar (Keep shooting your queries at PG)

PG rocks !!

and wat abt the AICTE recognition???? many pvt MBAs do not hav one..... any idea???

sriram007 Says
and wat abt the AICTE recognition???? many pvt MBAs do not hav one..... any idea???

IFMR's PGDBM course is AICTE and AIU i.e All Indian Universities Approved.

cheers,
missnazar

is it better than loyola ??? how about great lakes ???
can you pl rank all these 3 ?

is it better than loyola ??? how about great lakes ???
can you pl rank all these 3 ?

Hey I cant rank them...

But according to the latest outlook survey 2007 IFMR is one amongest the top ten private B-schools of the country....

cheers,
missnazar

I totally agree with Drishti. IFMR is ranked 10th amongst private B schools. It was raked well above the likes of TAPMI.

Hi!!!!!
Can anybody tell me what r the qualities of this institute....I have heart a lot about the college from the coaching institutes but i didn't found any advertisement for this college.
Also can anyone tell me whatelse apart from the cutoff of 85% is required .please provide me full information.

ya also tell me about its placement in terms of quality.

Well!!! Yes, the college lacks advertisements but coming to the qualities,I'd say the best quality is the faculty. The college has the best faculty who can guide you through all the problems. Moreover, the placements have been decent enough.
If you want anything else to know, simply post over here!!!:)

Further, you need to have atleast 60% from your 10th onwards. The college has started to accept XAT scores from this year!!!

All the Best!!!:)

Hi!!!!!

Can anybody tell me what r the qualities of this institute....I have heart a lot about the college from the coaching institutes but i didn't found any advertisement for this college.
Also can anyone tell me whatelse apart from the cutoff of 85% is required .please provide me full information.
Hi Anshu,
I would agree with what Pramod has mentioned. IFMR had kept it self as a low profile institute. But last year it did considerable advertisement in tamil nadu and especially in chennai. Still IFMR believes that students of IFMR in industry and industry itself should speak more of IFMR than the advertisements. As far as eligiibility is concerned, pramod has specified the criterea inorder to get short listed for GD/PI process.
anshu Says
ya also tell me about its placement in terms of quality.

And Anshu,
What I have understood from the word quality is the pay package and the profile. And hence taking that in to consideration last year the avg pay package was 5.5 lac/annum and highest was 7.5 lac/annum. In IT companies the profiles offered were that of Business analyst and Associate consultant. While in banking it was management trainee, in consulting firm it was that of manager.
Hope I have answered your queries. In case you have any more queries feel free to revert back. We students of IFMR shall try to answer it in best possible manner.
Cheers,
missnazar

wat would be cut-off tis yr ....

Cut off will always depend upon the CAT score! For the past 2 yrs, its 85 percentile but people in our batch have score in the range of 87-97 percentile. But IFMR expects its students to have a minimum score of 60% from 10th onwards. :)

All The Best!!!

whens the last date for applying for IFMR?

herbie Says
whens the last date for applying for IFMR?

Hi herbie,

PFB the information:

December 10, 2007 for CAT Scores & January 31, 2008 for XAT Scores

Hi,
I will have work exp over 34 months by next may,i want to know whether i am eligible for lateral placements in ifmr.

also, i want to know the job profiles which i get if i do PGDM from IFMR

Hi,
I will have work exp over 34 months by next may,i want to know whether i am eligible for lateral placements in ifmr.

also, i want to know the job profiles which i get if i do PGDM from IFMR

Hi Kiran,
Well it depends on what kind of experience u have, the quality of experience and its relevance is important for laterals. But yes if its relevant then definitely it can be considered for laterals.