IESE vs. Cornell

Hi all I have finally been able to secure a place in the MBA programs of both IESE and Cornell. Now I am in a great fix. I donno which one to weigh over the other. Here are the different opinions that I have: IESE Pros a.) Great sc…

Hi all

I have finally been able to secure a place in the MBA programs of both IESE and Cornell. Now I am in a great fix. I donno which one to weigh over the other.

Here are the different opinions that I have:
IESE
Pros
a.) Great school for finance (which is where I want to go)
b.) Great ranking, world rank 12
c.) I think I have a descent chance of getting a scholarship there since my undergrad academics were very good.
d.) A chance to put my foot in the door for the European and Latin Business community
e.) Offers 100% no-cosigner loan to all International Students

Cons
a.) Language problems
b.) Work permit issues in Central Europe, although UK is probably easier to get.
c.) I am not sure how are the placements and internships going on in there this year.
d.) Issues with securing consultancy jobs due to language issues since most jobs are offered in Central European Countries.
e.) International Brand value is not at all good in North America and Asia Pacific.

Cornell
Pros
a.) Highly coveted school for all-round development.
b.) World ranking is great, but definitely less than IESE (ranked 38 in the world ranking)
c.) Again a great school for going into finance and consultancy and international students definitely have the edge of securing more jobs with Firms in their American Operations.
d.) Is in Ithaca, NY which is close enough to NYC and is cheap too since it is a smaller city.
e.) International Brand Value is great. (America, Asia Pacific and Europe)

Cons
a.) No-cosigner loan for International students is still getting dilly dallied and they aren't sure about giving it.
b.) Historically Scholarship opportunities have been really low.

What are you opinions. I am in a great fix at this stage.

Hey ,

I agree with what Nothing154 says.Things are pretty bad if you see this ->
'No replacement of laid-off staff by H-1B workers'

Dotn go by the name/reputation.See the feasibility to get a job in the location you are going to invest so much.

IESE is a very good school and you can pay off your loans in two years if you get a decent job.But things are bad now and might not be better in 2 years of time..

It has to be your call,though I feel its safe to give a shot at ISB.Less hassles, better ROI

Hi all

I have finally been able to secure a place in the MBA programs of both IESE and Cornell. Now I am in a great fix. I donno which one to weigh over the other.

Here are the different opinions that I have:
IESE
Pros
a.) Great school for finance (which is where I want to go)
b.) Great ranking, world rank 12
c.) I think I have a descent chance of getting a scholarship there since my undergrad academics were very good.
d.) A chance to put my foot in the door for the European and Latin Business community
e.) Offers 100% no-cosigner loan to all International Students

Cons
a.) Language problems
b.) Work permit issues in Central Europe, although UK is probably easier to get.
c.) I am not sure how are the placements and internships going on in there this year.
d.) Issues with securing consultancy jobs due to language issues since most jobs are offered in Central European Countries.
e.) International Brand value is not at all good in North America and Asia Pacific.

Cornell
Pros
a.) Highly coveted school for all-round development.
b.) World ranking is great, but definitely less than IESE (ranked 38 in the world ranking)
c.) Again a great school for going into finance and consultancy and international students definitely have the edge of securing more jobs with Firms in their American Operations.
d.) Is in Ithaca, NY which is close enough to NYC and is cheap too since it is a smaller city.
e.) International Brand Value is great. (America, Asia Pacific and Europe)

Cons
a.) No-cosigner loan for International students is still getting dilly dallied and they aren't sure about giving it.
b.) Historically Scholarship opportunities have been really low.

What are you opinions. I am in a great fix at this stage.

As for loans you can still get a local loan on your admission leter from Cornell.

Ultimately your call.