Iese 2011-13

So, who’s applying to IESE for next year’s intake? My applications will be submitted in a few days.

So, who's applying to IESE for next year's intake?

My applications will be submitted in a few days.

am in.

730 GMAt
3.5 yrs exp.. IT
whts ur profile like? and what role u want to get into post IESE mba?

740 GMAT
3.5 yrs exp in product marketing in internet industry
good acads and EC
want to continue in mktg in internet..you?

There's another guy gauraviit9 or something who is also applying

BTW, how did you go about the financial needs essay? Did you bring in a merit angle?

I want to enter into the consulting field. Have u submitted ur app? My recomms r done... still writin the essays... resume nt strted(Is there any particular format which they recommend for it?). I hope il be able to get it done by tommo.

There is nothing we have to physically post them, right?
Also, have u cntacted any alum or any other sources frm the school? ur 2 cents on the school plz!

Hey everyone,

I submitted my application on the 6th of October.
GMAT 680, engineer from NIT top 10%,PGDM from top 15 institute, about 3 years of experience in managerial role in retail sales and marketing with a top retailer in India.
Decent extracurriculars.
Still to hear anything from them, had received the portal login a week back.
I intend to shift from retail to marketing preferably for consumer durables or FMCG.

hey quicksliver.... the online submission would suffice, right? or do we need to physically mail something too.... I kno its a stupid Qs but still confirming. i guess the scans of transcripts upload will do.

ballz Says
hey quicksliver.... the online submission would suffice, right? or do we need to physically mail something too.... I kno its a stupid Qs but still confirming. i guess the scans of transcripts upload will do.

Nope did not send anything physically, but I am yet to receive a confirmation of complete application from them.

-----------------

I think there was an option on the online form - there are so many pages on it but i think its hidden somewhere.

I have the same question about the scholarship essay.

Hello Friends,

I am also in the process of applying to IESE.
A brief background:
GMAT :720/4.5
Acads :Decent
EC: Good
Work Experience: As an analyst , in one of the top three consulting firms with a 2.5 yeears of work ex. so far

I had a couple of questions :
1. In the scholarship interview how do you justify the need through merit? In other words, what essential elements do I need to mention in order to show that I require a schol because of the merit I hold.

2. I read above that nothing needs to be sent to the school physically. in that case, can you please tell me how we need to send in our transcripts? I did not find any page on the online form where we could upload the offiicial transcripts. OR have I missed something here.

Thank you so much for your response.

Regards
Shashank

P.S. :This also happens to be my first post on PG after 5 years of being a spectator ;-)

There is a button called "manage documents" in page 6, i guess we can upload files there but to be on the safer side can those who have already submitted throw some light please.:|
I think there was an option on the online form - there are so many pages on it but i think its hidden somewhere.

I have the same question about the scholarship essay.

hey arjwiz, now am at ur stage of the app, strugglin with the scholorship essay... any luck at ur end?
ballz Says
hey arjwiz, now am at ur stage of the app, strugglin with the scholorship essay... any luck at ur end?

No, man. I'm sending my app to a few friends for review over the weekend. Waiting for their response.

Is anyone yet to submit in this deadline? Or has anyone already submitted? Mine goes out in a few hours...

arjwiz Says
Is anyone yet to submit in this deadline? Or has anyone already submitted? Mine goes out in a few hours...

i did it coupla days back.
ballz Says
i did it coupla days back.

Just submitted mine. I hope it gets picked up in the first round - can't wait beyond Dec 3 for the results.

Did you get any confirmation mail that the school received it, or just the email from embark saying "Your application has been successfully submitted and the school may only give you a confirmation of receipt in 3-4 days"?

By the way, for the second scholarship essay, I took the tone of financial need more than merit, since I suppose merit is covered adequately throughout other portions of the application. I still did make a mention of merit. The total length went up to 500+ words
Just submitted mine. I hope it gets picked up in the first round - can't wait beyond Dec 3 for the results.

Did you get any confirmation mail that the school received it, or just the email from embark saying "Your application has been successfully submitted and the school may only give you a confirmation of receipt in 3-4 days"?

By the way, for the second scholarship essay, I took the tone of financial need more than merit, since I suppose merit is covered adequately throughout other portions of the application. I still did make a mention of merit. The total length went up to 500+ words

just the submit mail, no confi mail as yet.... i saw sumbodys post earlier who had submittted the app on 9th oct bust has still nt recieved the confi mail... I hope thins go smoothly enugh.
Guys,

is this the Same IESE of Nevarra,Spain?

cudnt get much info bout the scholarship programme on their website..kindly brief me over that...
and hey what are the important dates...i mean last date to get or submit forms nd all?

please help...

Gurdeesh

Hey guys, I submitted my application for R1 yesterday. Received the application complete notification from the admissions coordinator today.
Good luck!

I got the application received notification from IESE this morning as well.