IES Management College and Research Centre, Mumbai

All who opting ies join this thread::::::so we all can interact on various issues regardin ies pgdm i selected in first merit list and i am taking admission:;;all who are opting ies pgdm:cme here lets know each other…thnx

All who opting ies join this thread::::::so we all can interact on various issues regardin ies pgdm

i selected in first merit list and i am taking admission:;;all who are opting ies pgdm:cme here lets know each other.......thnx

hiiiiiiiiiii i am opting for pgdm too...i m gonna pay fees tommorow

Hello Everybody,

IES Management College and Research Centre is a paradigm of academic excellence unremittingly sought by IES and has become one of the most sought after B Schools. It is located in the queen of suburbs - Bandra, Mumbai

IES Management College offers several full time courses which include

- Master of Management studies (MMS)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM),
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Health Care and Pharmaceutical Management (PGDHCPM) and

also Part Time courses like MFM, MIM and MMM.

Hello Everybody

I am Punit Tharwani and i confirmed my admission for the PGDM course for the academic session 2009-11 at IES today.

Heartiest Congratulations to all those who are joining in. Feel free to post in your profiles in brief so that we can get a peek-a-boo into each other's backgrounds before we join in.

Hope to have a great time with you all. ;)

Best Regards

Punit Tharwani

hey! i too got ma admission confirmed for pgdm course. does anyone know what dress code is followed at the insti,,,,as in,,,formals or casuals????
plzz let me know if u hv any info regarding it...

Hello Everyone!

Here's the link to the 2nd merit list of IES PGDM 2009-11

http://www.ies.edu/management/images/SecondMeritListofPGDMBatch2009-11.pdf

hey! i too got ma admission confirmed for pgdm course. does anyone know what dress code is followed at the insti,,,,as in,,,formals or casuals????

To my knowledge, Casuals is allowed but obviously on occasions like Guest Lectures or Corporate Interactions, formals would be mandatory!

Damn i thought our lectures would start by end of July/early Aug along with MMS as their procedure thru CET CAP ends by then and their course starts early Aug... but to my surprise the admin said our PGDM will start by mid June!

Hey guys ma name has been listed in the second merit list.can u guys please temme what is the procedure ahead for confirming this admission and how much tym is alloted 4 dis procedure...Please reply at the earliest.

mugdha_lovely Says
Hey guys ma name has been listed in the second merit list.can u guys please temme what is the procedure ahead for confirming this admission and how much tym is alloted 4 dis procedure...Please reply at the earliest.

Hi Mughda

I think you must have received an email mentioning the procedure to confirm the seat and the deadline for it.

Anyway, if you wish to confirm your admission you need to pay your 1st year fee through a DD drawn in favour of 'IES MCRC - Autonomous'

You also need to submit the following documents

Documents to be submitted at the time of payment of fees:-

1. Two passport size photographs.
  2. 10th, 12th & Graduation marksheets (attested + original)
  3. Attested scorecard of CET/CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA
  4. Proof of birth date.
  5. Medical fitness Certificate
  6. Experience Certificate (if applicable)
  7. Gap Certificate (In case of gap in academic career

Thanks a lottt Punit...few more things to ask you guys...do u hav ne idea abt how good the course is..like course structure...d faculty...n d most imp how abt d PLACEMENTS...the recruiters...wats d % of placements done in d last years...
Is the course worth...If v compare it with d MMS degree how does it score...n how well recognised is IES for its PGDM course...
have u had ne talk with the seniors of the college pursuing the same course..
Please do guide me on the same...THANKS...

Hey Mugdha

It'll be ideal for our seniors to provide you with all that information... You can find some of that information posted by one of our seniors Vipin on the IES PGDM 2008-10 thread.

Personally, I havn't spoken to any senior regarding the college and this course.... I had my own reasons to join IES PGDM...

In my opinion, apart from colleges like Somaiya, Sydenham, Welingkar... most other colleges in MUMBAI like MET, Dalmia, SIES, IES stand at ALMOST the same level as far as placements and teaching peddogy is concerned... (Ofcourse JB is a class apart)

I think PGDM and MMS course are treated equally as far as placements are concerned... coz the syllabus and teaching pattern are more or less the same... and both of them are 2 year programs

Yes ofcourse the ONE big difference between MMS and PGDM is that the former is a ' Masters DEGREE' which can lead to a PHD but the latter is a Post Graduate 'Diploma' and that cannot lead to a PHD (who wants to do a PHD anyway lol :-P )

hey iv found out dat the PGDM people arent placed...around 60% of them.i know coz my sis is doing her PGDM there.even the Finance ones arent placed...so leave aside marketing n HR streams.placement scenes in other colleges like RIZVI arnt so bad.in fact in colleges like RIZVI-PGDBM,d entire class,except 2 guys, is placed

From Monday to Thursday its formals
Friday and Sat casuals.

This practice started from 2008 but we were rather happy to comply. Though its not like you would be hanged if you are not in formal. But still while in a B-school it nice to see people dressed in formals. These rules are same for all PG MMS and Pharma...!!!

There u go, ur query is answered

Source: Vipin Vijayan's post on Life @ IES

hey guys i too have taken admission for pgdm at ies..iv heard from many that the faculty etc is pretty gud..i dunno y thn is ies nt as famous as met,chetna,welingkar..im only anxious bout this..wen i say ies bandra ppl react lyk.."ha?which college is ths"

praju_leo Says
hey iv found out dat the PGDM people arent placed...around 60% of them.i know coz my sis is doing her PGDM there.even the Finance ones arent placed...so leave aside marketing n HR streams.placement scenes in other colleges like RIZVI arnt so bad.in fact in colleges like RIZVI-PGDBM,d entire class,except 2 guys, is placed

Hi Praju,

Its nice to know that your sister is at IES. Few things I would point out to.

:=: Its not a fact that 60% are left. If your sister is your source then I disagree to her.

:=: Marketing guys get placed before others, just becoz thats what the market want now.... Companies want to generate business and hence the need for marketing guys....!!!

:=: What is your source at Rizvi ???

:=: Pls make sure that you make responsible comments on a public forum. And comparison of schools are not allowed on Pguy !!!
Hi Praju,

Its nice to know that your sister is at IES. Few things I would point out to.

:=: Its not a fact that 60% are left. If your sister is your source then I disagree to her.

:=: Marketing guys get placed before others, just becoz thats what the market want now.... Companies want to generate business and hence the need for marketing guys....!!!

:=: What is your source at Rizvi ???

:=: Pls make sure that you make responsible comments on a public forum. And comparison of schools are not allowed on Pguy !!!

Yes exactly... i told her the same regarding the comparison by sending a pvt message! but she hasn't replied... i request our 'dormant' moderator jackiejain to delete that post if it can be done
vaidehi22 Says
hey guys i too have taken admission for pgdm at ies..iv heard from many that the faculty etc is pretty gud..i dunno y thn is ies nt as famous as met,chetna,welingkar..im only anxious bout this..wen i say ies bandra ppl react lyk.."ha?which college is ths"

Hi Vaidehi! It's a no brainer, the answer is simple, that because it seems NO EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE IN THE PAST! (and i WONDER WHY!!!!)

the popularity of b schools primarily depends on the word of mouth among mba aspirants and by giving out positive signals in as many ways as possible... MET and IES have more or less similar placements , the average package on offer is more or less the same... but the only reason why MET is more positively perceived is because of its marketing and branding efforts.... and trust me they have done a fab job on it.... its facts and figures, infrastructure, its PGDM Entrance examination procedure are being talked about on pagalguy which has over a lac mba aspirants! and i beleieve colleges like MET and Weling just concentrated on doing the basics and that is 'COMMUNICATING its Brand thru various modes'... THAT IS ALL! we need to do.

P.S - From ur post, it makes it more obvious 😛 (so better u delete it ASAP!) lol

AND 'JACKIEJAIN' wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys....yippee...i hav confirmed ma admission in IES...Happy 2 b part of d IES....lets knw each other b4 d orientation...wat say guys....