IES(engineering services) exam 2015 mechanical

. . This forum is for any type of query regarding engineering services 2015 mechanical

. . This forum is for any type of query regarding engineering services 2015 mechanical

Cracking ies is not an easy task. But hardwork and right planning makes it possible.  Covering full syllabus is the key to success. 
Most of the people starts preparation in few last months and finally they failed. Never think that it can be achieved in 2-3 months.  So it is very important to plan the study one year in advance. Be clear what to study.
So everyone start utilising this thread and share the things with other.  This may lead few not all towards success. .........

only that g.s. paper is the real headache for me.. i dont even know where to start

Plz  suggest books for general studies  for different topics. ......

Which book to refer for common errors for paper1.....
Plz suggest me....

The Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service (IES/ISS-2015) exam date has been announced:

Important Dates:

• Last date for submission of application: Friday, March 06, 2015 .

• Date of IES/ISS: Saturday, May 23, 2015 .

For More Information:

http://www.coursesinindia.co.in/educationalnews/upsc-ies-iss-exam.php

can anyone suggest whether marine engg ,production engg or chemical engg are eligible for ies exam or not ? as i went through the Google some are saying yes and some are saying NO.even coaching institute are saying yes so that people can join them. i am frm marine engg branch. in 2014 i wrote for grse kolkata assistant engg job and qualified but on the day of interview they disqualified me for having different branch,already wasted my time by studying hard in mech subject ,i dont want to face the same fate or 

embarrassment in this exam also as i dont have much more time to left for prepation and 2nd i can not pepare for other civil or banking exam at the same time and next year i will not be eligible for the any exam because of my age 

please help me ????

any one prepare for ies 2015 pl suggest book for conventional question ........made easy publication gives wrong solution 

Guys..Hows ACE online test series?

any suggestions?

can any1  in this thread help me with some suggestions as to whther to do a private job or not, if u r preparing for ese 2015 exam??i am thinking to quit my job...but m nt sure whetehr il be able to crack ese exam or not..

Hello puys. I have decided to take one year coaching for IES, gate (2016)starting from may 2015. I am presently in my final year Mechanical Engineering undergoing my training semester and will be mostly free for next 2-3 months. I want to use this time efficiently. Can you please suggest me what to study? Should I prepare some subjects for IES 15'? Should I learn about basic concepts of Engg. or 11/12th? Please guide me.

what is the difference between Tropical Rain Forests and Tropical Deciduous Forests ??

can anybody explain the meaning of "carbon boil"........??

which book should i follow for computer prog part of ese 2015 mechanical?

Guys whats your approach for the conventionals ??? Are you all covering the entire subjects for both paper1 & paper2 ???

one more question what are you all doing for paper2 elements of conputation ????  Its a real pain the a** !!!!

Need an advice guyz. I had prepared for gate 2015 . prepared the gate syllabus with an above average prepration expecting 50-55 marks . Now in dilemma if i should go for IES 2015 or not with this 3 month of time left ?  :/

Can we attempt engg services exam once we are selected for a service, like in civils where one can attempt again if he gets a service other than ias, foreign service?

IES 2014 results are out....