IE bschool 2010 Admits / Applicants

Hi Everyone, I have recently got an admit from IE business school for its April 2010 intake of International MBA. My profile - Project Lead at Infosys, strong acads, strong extra currics, GMAT 710, TOEFL 110, 4 yrs exp with 2 yrs in man…

Hi Everyone,

I have recently got an admit from IE business school for its April 2010 intake of International MBA.

My profile - Project Lead at Infosys, strong acads, strong extra currics, GMAT 710, TOEFL 110, 4 yrs exp with 2 yrs in managerial capacity, 2yr International exp.

Anyone who is applying for the same or has already got an admit, please post on this thread so that we can share our experiences.

Cheers!!!

Hi Kaushik,
Congrats on secring a place in IE. I am considering applying for the 2010 Nov intake.

However whats putting me off is the probability of landing a job either in Spain or in the rest of Europe for that matter, for an Indian graduate.
have you had any success with the scholarships?

Thanks!
Shailesh

Hi Shailkins,

Welcome aboard. Sorry for the late reply.

For a one year course I believe IE is one of the top schols in Europe. The placement scenario in Europe or for that matter in any other part of the world is wuite different from what we see in India. You need to depend primarily on you networking skills. The schools helds job fairs and campus visits but at the end you need to cut the bread yourself. One example would be Oxford, even with such an age old legacy, their last year placement through college vist is 41% only. rest of the students have managed through networking and outside agencies.

For your second question, I am going to apply for scholarship shortly. it is a seperate process. Hope to get some, otherwise it will be tough for me.

Let me know if I can help with any other question of yours. :)

Cheers
kaushik.

Good News for IE Aspirants.

Karan gupta, who is the India representative of IE, will come to this forum once in a week to answer all your question.

So if you want to know anything specific about the school or the program please feel free to shoot your question.

Cheers!!

Hi,

I am planning to apply to IE IMBA program this year. I want to know if I can still apply for April 2010 intake.

I have applied for the next Intake, and awaiting result. When can I expect further info ?

Hi All,

I am applying for international MBA at IE for Nov 2010 intake.

Could you please share your experience about IE test and interview?
Let me know more about IE test? How difficult to qualify it?
What topics are needed to prepare?
I don't prepare for GMAT so how much preparation is required for this test?

My Profile:
==========
PG-Diploma in advanced computing (75.89%)
Bachelor of Engineering in computer Sceince (76.33%)
12th from UP Board (66.20%)
10th from UP Board (63.00%)
Exp: Presently more than 5 yrs of exp as a software developper. (more than 6 years by the time MBA will start in Nov 2010)

Could you please evalaute my candidature for IE MBA?
What are my chances to get into this programme?

Thanks

All,
I got an admit from IE for NOV 2010.
Needed some advice on scholarships and loans.
Is financing easy?

Let me know.

Suneel

Guys i am landing up in madrid soon for a masters program in industrial management at universidad politneca di madrid. I will be there from Sept 10 to Feb 11. Let me know if anyone of you are going out to madrid.we can explore the place.

1. guys what is the profile of existing students (work ex,gmat)
2. how abt the interviews. Are they done over the phone

Please evaluate my profile. Planning to apply for fall 2011

Indian IT Male 4 years workex in Financial IT
Btech Electrical IIT Madras
GMAT 760 (QA 49 VA 42)
CFA level 1 candidate
Planning to move to Finance.

Hi,

Got admission for Nov 2011. Anyone else got an admit.

If the IE alumni's can help me oout with the following question before I decide to take the plunge.:)..
1> I am interested in 2010 class profile for IE Business School and placement and job situation at IE/Spain.

2> It would be very helpful if anyone can give me any information on scholarships and financial aids that are available or any source of information for the same.

I am a bit worried as I read a couple of negative reviews about IE even though its one of the top 10 global programs.

Thanks

Hi,

If the IE alumni's can help me oout with the following question before I decide to take the plunge.:)..
1> I am interested in 2010 class profile for IE Business School and placement and job situation at IE/Spain.

2> It would be very helpful if anyone can give me any information on scholarships and financial aids that are available or any source of information for the same.

I am a bit worried as I read a couple of negative reviews about IE even though its one of the top 10 global programs.

Thanks

Hi i_m_pulse,

Congrats for your admit. 😃 Could you please share your profile.
I am also planning to apply to IE by January.

Also, please could you let me know about the negative reviews you might have heard about IE. I understand the job scene being very bad across europe right now, but anything in specific other than this ?

Thanks in advance.

Which other schools in Europe / US have you applied to?

Ab (Cornell MBA Class of 2010)

Hi,

Thanks

Applied to Insead, Tuck, Cranfield.

I have just seen 1 or 2 negative reviews regarding the placements. But this is an expensive venture, so I wanted to be sure before going there.

Profile: 7 yrs Work Ex in IT
GMAT: 720/4.5

Dear IE Alums/current students,
i have got an IE admit for nov 2011. I have some questions regarding the next step and way ahead. can any one please pm me their mail ids.

Hi I M Pulse
Even I got thru IE Nov 2011

Congrats pulse: Do join the group Login | Facebook

i mean theres a fb group for nov 2011 intake. do join it. will find a lot of future classmates and answers to many questions which i am sure u have in ur mind.