ICFAI Gurgaon- Class of 2010

Hey All I am starting this thread for people who have got selected in ICFAI Gurgaon for the batch of 2008-10. Lets discuss what we all plan to do, if we are joining or not. If any1 has any feedback about ICFAI gurgaon- pls go ahead and s…

Hey All

I am starting this thread for people who have got selected in ICFAI Gurgaon for the batch of 2008-10. Lets discuss what we all plan to do, if we are joining or not.

If any1 has any feedback about ICFAI gurgaon- pls go ahead and share.

As for me, waiting for SIIB results, if dont get thru (which is highly probable) then would seriously consider gurgaon.

My friend is in ICFAI Gurgaon and says that avg pack is 6L p.a. and even more for work ex ppl. But i believe profiles are more important than the package right.......

Hey Saurabh,

Well I got Hyderabad.........But I m little fuzz about choosing Between Hyderabad and Gurgaon, Since i belong to delhi only.......

Can u tell me about IBS Gurgaon...i mean faclty, campus, SIP...n alll

Hey All

I am starting this thread for people who have got selected in ICFAI Gurgaon for the batch of 2008-10. Lets discuss what we all plan to do, if we are joining or not.

As for me, waiting for SIIB results, if dont get thru (which is highly probable) then would seriously consider gurgaon.

My friend is in ICFAI Gurgaon and says that avg pack is 6L p.a. and even more for work ex ppl. But i believe profiles are more important than the package right.......

i too got in.IBS GURGAON........have some other important calls too......will decide after it......
hows the campus? faculty? profile on offer? i care less about salary as of now....for me profile is more important?
do they offer good profiles?

Hey All

heya hi saurabh .....dis is eesh....bdw were du u put up in del....
regearding icfai ggn....m just waitin for gbo result or else i'l join icfai.....well i have heard from quite a few ppl about dis gud salary package thing bt dunno y i dun feel very confident about it,especially coz of d large number of seats dey offer....its not that i havnt cum across ppl who have got gud sakary packages from gurgaon bt den sumwere in ma mind i feel dat d brand icfai is not much to boast about...i mean d quality of student i saw at hyderabad who got interview calls!!!!man....twas depressiv....newayz i bliv that its our own hardwork which will sail us thru d journey so m not thinkin much about it....hey hav u seen d campus?if not lets make a plan n visit d campus once..n how r u plannin to make ur stay?u'l do up n down daily?or pg?
Hey Saurabh,

Well I got Hyderabad.........But I m little fuzz about choosing Between Hyderabad and Gurgaon, Since i belong to delhi only.......

Can u tell me about IBS Gurgaon...i mean faclty, campus, SIP...n alll

me too got ibs gurgaon...i wud request pg guys who got gurgaon to pls connect here..
heya hi saurabh .....dis is eesh....bdw were du u put up in del....
regearding icfai ggn....m just waitin for gbo result or else i'l join icfai.....well i have heard from quite a few ppl about dis gud salary package thing bt dunno y i dun feel very confident about it,especially coz of d large number of seats dey offer....its not that i havnt cum across ppl who have got gud sakary packages from gurgaon bt den sumwere in ma mind i feel dat d brand icfai is not much to boast about...i mean d quality of student i saw at hyderabad who got interview calls!!!!man....twas depressiv....newayz i bliv that its our own hardwork which will sail us thru d journey so m not thinkin much about it....hey hav u seen d campus?if not lets make a plan n visit d campus once..n how r u plannin to make ur stay?u'l do up n down daily?or pg?

Hey Eesh

I put up in paschim vihar(west delhi) and u? me waiting for SIIB, GBO, MIB Results. lets see. if i join, i'll most probably stay with my sis in gurgaon. Ya 600 students is too much, one of my friends is in icfai gurgaon only, he says that avg salary is dragged down becoz of the not so good ppl. and yeah i completely agree with u that the quality of ppl i saw in hyd made me giv it a 2nd thought.

Me currently working with Career Launcher, what u doin? plannin to visit on 21st, wanna come along? By the way my email id is
C ya

Hiiiiii Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
evn i hv a call frm icfai gurgn......i m plannin to join...bt stil nt sure....cn ny1 plzzzz help me out.....is it reaaly worth joinin......almost evy1 had a cal frm icfai...yaar....hwzz d campus...n wat abt d hostal....i hv heard it hs girls hostal......wat abt d alumini.....wat abt d quality of students...is it sum wat similar to wat v saw at hyd campus durin d intrvw processs......is ny1 seriously interestd in joinin???????????

Hiiiiii Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
evn i hv a call frm icfai gurgn......i m plannin to join...bt stil nt sure....cn ny1 plzzzz help me out.....is it reaaly worth joinin......almost evy1 had a cal frm icfai...yaar....hwzz d campus...n wat abt d hostal....i hv heard it hs girls hostal......wat abt d alumini.....wat abt d quality of students...is it sum wat similar to wat v saw at hyd campus durin d intrvw processs......is ny1 seriously interestd in joinin???????????

Hey Priyanka

The answer to your question depends on what are you looking at, if you want a 10 L p.a +package, or if you want a fabulous brand name, then it might not be the place for you. I have a friend in ICFAI gurgaon nd he tells me that the placements this yr has been in the range of (5-8L), with good companies. I'll give u an example [DE Shaw recruited from ICFAI Gurgaon at a package of 7.10, whereas it recruited from IMT Ghaziabad at a package of around 8, my point is that there is a difference but not much).

I'v heard fac and everythin is cool esp for Mktg (do not mean to say that its nt good for Fin). And if there are 500+ students in a batch there are bound to be some below average students, we will have to learn to cope with them. And ya there is a seperate girls hostel, dnt know about the quality and all, visiting campus on 21st, will tell u then.

Saurabh

Hi

I got Gurgaon too. I wanted HYD . http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/images/icons/icon9.gif

See Gurgaon is not that good as far as image in concerned. For most ppl it's like ICFAI Hyd and Other ICFAI u know.

As far as package goes about 1/4 ppl got CTC of above 5.2 as per one of the posts at ICFAI forum/ Pagalguy forum. There is a low level too.I stayed at ICFAI hostel for about 2 days. Met the guys who are not placed yet. one guy told me that JDA is visiting with package of 4. Also My friend of 2008 batch who got ICICI @ 7.5+ in campus was able to get only 3.5+ from Naukri.com >>>> Kotak mahindra. I short expect anything.

If you are thinking of doing MBA this year only or you think that u can't get better option next year then the choice is obivious.As far as profile is concerned don;t expect anything but average.

I am in bad fix since my existing package is about 6.5 + . If I join gurgaon I have a little hope that I will get the same or better.

Hey All

See dear I don't agree 100% with you since after putting 9 L package is also equally important however the kind of the companies that r visiting the campus are also important. If you get very good 'profile' in a shit company then u r going nowhere.

Plz refer-http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/icfai-hyderabad-branch-batch-2008-10-25028985

Hi

I got Gurgaon too. I wanted HYD . http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/images/icons/icon9.gif

See Gurgaon is not that good as far as image in concerned. For most ppl it's like ICFAI Hyd and Other ICFAI u know.

As far as package goes about 1/4 ppl got CTC of above 5.2 as per one of the posts at ICFAI forum/ Pagalguy forum. There is a low level too.I stayed at ICFAI hostel for about 2 days. Met the guys who are not placed yet. one guy told me that JDA is visiting with package of 4. Also My friend of 2008 batch who got ICICI @ 7.5+ in campus was able to get only 3.5+ from Naukri.com >>>> Kotak mahindra. I short expect anything.

If you are thinking of doing MBA this year only or you think that u can't get better option next year then the choice is obivious.As far as profile is concerned don;t expect anything but average.

I am in bad fix since my existing package is about 6.5 + . If I join gurgaon I have a little hope that I will get the same or better.

Hey Saurabh.....

Well i need some info regarding the reputation of colleges....

I am basically from delhi and working for past 2 years. Profession-Engineer.
I got thru ICFAI HYD....but still not decided whether to join or not.......How you will Compare ICFAI Gurgaon with
1) ICFAI HYD
2) MIB, DU
3) GBO, SRCC.

Plz do mention the criteria also for ranking.

Thanks.

Hey Priyanka

The answer to your question depends on what are you looking at, if you want a 10 L p.a +package, or if you want a fabulous brand name, then it might not be the place for you. I have a friend in ICFAI gurgaon nd he tells me that the placements this yr has been in the range of (5-8L), with good companies. I'll give u an example [DE Shaw recruited from ICFAI Gurgaon at a package of 7.10, whereas it recruited from IMT Ghaziabad at a package of around 8, my point is that there is a difference but not much).

I'v heard fac and everythin is cool esp for Mktg (do not mean to say that its nt good for Fin). And if there are 500+ students in a batch there are bound to be some below average students, we will have to learn to cope with them. And ya there is a seperate girls hostel, dnt know about the quality and all, visiting campus on 21st, will tell u then.

Saurabh
Hey Saurabh.....

Well i need some info regarding the reputation of colleges....

I am basically from delhi and working for past 2 years. Profession-Engineer.
I got thru ICFAI HYD....but still not decided whether to join or not.......How you will Compare ICFAI Gurgaon with
1) ICFAI HYD
2) MIB, DU
3) GBO, SRCC.

Plz do mention the criteria also for ranking.

Thanks.

I think this will answer your query

About MBA - Top B-Schools in India
Hey All

hi saurabh,
even i hav got icfai gurgaon. i hav got admission in amity also. now i m confused between these two. which one has better placement?
hi saurabh,
even i hav got icfai gurgaon. i hav got admission in amity also. now i m confused between these two. which one has better placement?

Hi Rahul

I personally think ICFAI Gurgaon is a much better option than Amity

check these rankings, About MBA - Top B-Schools in India
Hey Eesh

I put up in paschim vihar(west delhi) and u? me waiting for SIIB, GBO, MIB Results. lets see. if i join, i'll most probably stay with my sis in gurgaon. Ya 600 students is too much, one of my friends is in icfai gurgaon only, he says that avg salary is dragged down becoz of the not so good ppl. and yeah i completely agree with u that the quality of ppl i saw in hyd made me giv it a 2nd thought.

Me currently working with Career Launcher, what u doin? plannin to visit on 21st, wanna come along? By the way my email id is [email protected]

C ya

hi dude...yaar i put up in mayur vihar-2...n me just waitnin for gbo....if i join i wud most probably b travellin every day back home...yaar m completely in a state of fix coz of d placement thing,especially more coz of d high fee we r puttin in..i just hope to get a decent package.. n yaar wont b possible on d 21st...u carry on n giime ur feedback i'l go some oder tym....m mailin u my contact number..do temme if u have ne updates regardin d same...tkcr...

got icfai gurgaon too but not decided yet i request all of you please share all you have regarding icfai gurgaon including latest placemnets

hi puys...this is kaizad and i have been selected 4 gurgaon campus..i wish to change my campus to mum...can any1 plz help, puys help...thanks

hi me too selected for gurgaon... m frm chandigarh..
anyone joining gurgoan pm me.