IBPS PO Interview - Starts from Today 19th January 2015

IBPS PO Interview have started from today morning. Please share your Interview Experience with PaGaLGuy, we will make an article and publish on our site.

All The Best & Good Luck 

Dear Candidates,

The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) PO - IV common interviews have started from today - 19th January, 2015. IBPS conducts Common Written Examination and Common Interview for recruitment of POs/MTs in Public Sector Banks (PSBs) every year.

IBPS calls candidates in the ratio of 1:3 for each vacancy which means that there will be three candidates competing for a single post. So, in order to be successful, you have to try to secure the maximum possible score in the interview. This can be achieved by proper planning and preparation.

What should you prepare for the Interview? Which questions can be asked during interview?

Some of the important questions below will help you in your preparation.

IBPS PO interview: Questions can be asked from -

1. Your academic background, your qualification, your experience.

2. Banking Awareness, Current Affairs and Computer Awareness sections.

3. Current hot topics, for example Delhi Elections, ICC World Cup 2015, Charlie Hebdo case, etc.

4. Why do you want to join the Banking Sector or Why Govt. Job?

5. Your family background, your hobbies, your home town.

>> Do remember that it is better to give a mock interview in front of your friends or parents before appearing for the real interview. This will help you if you do not have prior interview experience. It also helps experienced candidates.

You have a golden opportunity to make your dream comes true.

All the Best and Good Luck!

Daily Current Affairs - 18 & 19th January 2015 

1. HDFC Bank included world's top 50 most valuable banks in 2014

i. India's top private sector Bank HDFC was named among 50 most valuable banks in 2014 with a market capitalization of 41.58 billion US dollar. It was ranked at 45th position.

ii. The top 50 list is compiled by Relbanks, HDFC was ranked at 45th position.

iii. State Bank of India was ranked at 51 and ICICI Bank was ranked at 55th position.

iv. Well Fargo of the USA is the largest bank in the world based on market capitalisation with 284. 39 billion US dollar which is followed by Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) and JP Morgan Chase & Co.    

2. Deep Kumar Upadhyay is new Nepal's ambassador to India

i. Deep Kumar Upadhyay appointed as a new Nepal ambassador to India.

ii. He is a veteran Nepali Congress leader and former minister of Nepal.

iii. The post has been lying vacant for more than three years. The decision to nominate Upadhyay was taken at a Cabinet meeting headed by Prime Minister Sushil Kumar Koirala.

3. ICICI Bank launches money transfer service on Twitter

i.  ICICI Bank today introduce its banking services on Twitter, which will help customers to transfer money through the micro-blogging Web site.

ii. Savings account customers can register their Twitter account with a onetime password and link their account number.

iii. Customer can send up to Rs. 5,000 per transaction with a limit of Rs. 10,000 per day. The online NEFT charges will be applied.

iii. Both the recipient and sender need to have a Twitter account.

iv. This facility also enables customers to view their account balance, view the recent transactions and recharge mobile pre-paid through Twitter.

4. Eminent scholar Rajni Kothari passes away

i. Eminent political scientist, scholar Rajni Kothari passed away. He was 80 years old.

ii. He was the founder of the Centre for the Study and Developing Societies (CSDS), a social sciences and humanities research institute, based in Delhi.

iii. He started Lokayan (Dialogue of the People) forum for interaction between activists and intellectuals  in 1980, which was awarded by Right Livelihood Award, also known as "Alternative Nobel in 1985.

5. Frank Islam awarded with Martin Luther King Award

i. Eminent Indian - American entrepreneur and philanthropist conferred with Martin Luther King Jr. Award for his contribution to the legacy of the great leader through his efforts in international service and civil engagement.

ii. He was born in Azamgarh (Uttar Pradesh) to a farmer father, and moved to US at the age of 15 years, with less than USD 500 in his pocket, to become a successful entrepreneur.

6. Mark and Ellen Hoog named FIH Player-of-the-year 2014

i. Australian captain Mark Knowles and midfielder of the Netherland Ellen were named as the International Hockey Federation (FIH) Player of the Year 2014 in men and women category, respectively.

7. AB de Villiers score fastest century in ODI

i. South African captain AB de Villiers scored fastest century in one day international match against West Indies.

ii. He scored 100 runs in just 31 balls and breaks the record of Corey Anderson of New Zealand who scored 100 in 36 bals.

iii. He also scored fastest half century (50 runs) in 16 balls and breaks the record of previous best mark (50 in 17 balls) of Sri Lankan Sanath Jayasuriya against Pakistan in 1996.  

iv. Overall, De Villiers made 149 off 44 balls. His innings included 16 sixes, which equalled the record set by Rohit Sharma on the way to a score of 209 for India against Australia in Bangalore in 2013/14.

v. With the help of Ab De Villiers (149) and Hashim Amla (153) century, South Africa set record total of 439/2 in 50 overs against West Indies.

vi. South Africa defeated West Indies by 148 runs as West Indies team score only 291 in 7 wickets in 50 overs.  

Daily

1. HDFC Bank included world's top 50 most valuable banks in 2014

i. India's top private sector Bank HDFC was named among 50 most valuable banks in 2014 with a market capitalization of 41.58 billion US dollar. It was ranked at 45th position.

ii. The top 50 list is compiled by Relbanks, HDFC was ranked at 45th position.

iii. State Bank of India was ranked at 51 and ICICI Bank was ranked at 55th position.

iv. Well Fargo of the USA is the largest bank in the world based on market capitalisation with 284. 39 billion US dollar which is followed by Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) and JP Morgan Chase & Co.    

2. Deep Kumar Upadhyay is new Nepal's ambassador to India

i. Deep Kumar Upadhyay appointed as a new Nepal ambassador to India.

ii. He is a veteran Nepali Congress leader and former minister of Nepal.

iii. The post has been lying vacant for more than three years. The decision to nominate Upadhyay was taken at a Cabinet meeting headed by Prime Minister Sushil Kumar Koirala.

3. ICICI Bank launches money transfer service on Twitter

i.  ICICI Bank today introduce its banking services on Twitter, which will help customers to transfer money through the micro-blogging Web site.

ii. Savings account customers can register their Twitter account with a onetime password and link their account number.

iii. Customer can send up to Rs. 5,000 per transaction with a limit of Rs. 10,000 per day. The online NEFT charges will be applied.

iii. Both the recipient and sender need to have a Twitter account.

iv. This facility also enables customers to view their account balance, view the recent transactions and recharge mobile pre-paid through Twitter.

4. Eminent scholar Rajni Kothari passes away

i. Eminent political scientist, scholar Rajni Kothari passed away. He was 80 years old.

ii. He was the founder of the Centre for the Study and Developing Societies (CSDS), a social sciences and humanities research institute, based in Delhi.

iii. He started Lokayan (Dialogue of the People) forum for interaction between activists and intellectuals  in 1980, which was awarded by Right Livelihood Award, also known as "Alternative Nobel in 1985.

5. Frank Islam awarded with Martin Luther King Award

i. Eminent Indian - American entrepreneur and philanthropist conferred with Martin Luther King Jr. Award for his contribution to the legacy of the great leader through his efforts in international service and civil engagement.

ii. He was born in Azamgarh (Uttar Pradesh) to a farmer father, and moved to US at the age of 15 years, with less than USD 500 in his pocket, to become a successful entrepreneur.

6. Mark and Ellen Hoog named FIH Player-of-the-year 2014

i. Australian captain Mark Knowles and midfielder of the Netherland Ellen were named as the International Hockey Federation (FIH) Player of the Year 2014 in men and women category, respectively.

7. AB de Villiers scored fastest century in ODI

i. South African captain AB de Villiers scored fastest century in one day international match against West Indies.

ii. He scored 100 runs in just 31 balls and breaks the record of Corey Anderson of New Zealand who scored 100 in 36 bals.

iii. He also scored fastest half century (50 runs) in 16 balls and breaks the record of previous best mark (50 in 17 balls) of Sri Lankan Sanath Jayasuriya against Pakistan in 1996.  

iv. Overall, De Villiers made 149 off 44 balls. His innings included 16 sixes, which equalled the record set by Rohit Sharma on the way to a score of 209 for India against Australia in Bangalore in 2013/14.

v. With the help of Ab De Villiers (149) and Hashim Amla (153) century, South Africa set record total of 439/2 in 50 overs against West Indies.

vi. South Africa defeated West Indies by 148 runs as West Indies team score only 291 in 7 wickets in 50 overs.  

Interview

Name: Nishant.

Date: 20th january

Panel : II

Time: 8:30 AM

Document verification Was done is 5 minutes and my number was 4th in the list.

Tea and snacks were provided for refreshment of the candidates and all the officials of dena bank were very cordial and helpful.

Documents was needed to be arranged as per their given sheet with originals.

My Documents verification was completed at 9:40 AM (only 5 mins).

Then they asked four of us to go for interview.

1st candidate to 3rd candidate, interview run only for 10 mins.

My interview time duration : 15-16 mins.

While entering in the room, (Panel II - 3 males and 1 female)

Panel Member 1 : Nishant, right ?

Replied : yes sir.

Panel member 1 : come in and have a seat.Good morning nishant (all other 3 were also greeted me)

Replied: Good morning sirs and madam.

Panel member 1 : So nishant, You have done B.tech and then MBA, Do not you think you have more degrees than required ?

Replied: As per my view, having higher degree should not be judged.If a person is capable of doing required job, then he is qualified.Degrees and Post graduations helped to do the job much better. ( he asked me the question here.)

Panel member 1: You have plenty opportunities i think , in dairy technology.Why you left it ?

Replied: I was never into that field while graduation.As i was pursuing it, i couldn't leave it in between otherwise my career might get ruined.So i had decided to change the graduation field by doing MBA at that time.So i have done MBA in marketing and HR specialization from Ahmedabad university. i added here that, i have joined one organization as sales coordinator which was private company in gandhinagar. but i was not 100 % in that job and felt insecure.As my father is bank, that also motivate me to come in banking sector.I have tried in IBPS 3 times before as well.

Member 1 : so you were not passed in the previous exams ?

Replied : I have cleared this exam last year but i was not satisfied by my performance.besides, i have not considered preference list seriously which was my mistake So i applied again to get into my desired organization with new preferences.

Member 2 : no you will be given any bank out of this of your choice.. (here they were fighting like, who is right.. they told me that preference is not a issue.).You have mentioned ECGC.

Replied : No sir, it is necessary to show your preferences, for example.. IBPS will consider those candidates for ECGC who have given it a first preference, as it has only 30 seats, not like that 1000th rank candidate will get a chance.

Lady member (interrupted me and members) : Yes he is right, only top 30 who have given ecgc, they will be allotted it.

Panel member 1: hmm... so now tell me what is marketing as in banking ?

Replied : marketing is everywhere.it is consumer awareness department of any organization.You can use word of mouth, TV advertising for marketing of you bank products, If you put hoardings at different sites, like at roads, posters then it is marketing, if you just show people you logo, then it is branding... If you show ad that your bank is giving deposits interest at 8.9 % then it is marketing.

panel member 1: stopped me at my answer and asked, you should go in marketing as it is your expertise ?

Replied : I don't have that much good communication skills, i have hearing issues which restrict me from marketing field.Also in marketing job, one need to go to the field, cause getting marketing job is not tough.Every organization want persons for selling their products and i never wanted to go for it.  Thats why i have joined the company where there is not field work.

Panel member 1: Tell me something about dairy science, your graduation?

Replied : Dairy technology is Based on milk and milk products. GCMMF (Gujarat cooperative milk marketing federation) which is headed by vipul chaudhary, AMUL brand is Runs under it.There is a separate dairy named " Vidya dairy " for only students, where one learn about how to make milk and milk products, Ice creams etc practically.Bringing milk in the silos (silos are for storing the milk in dairy), then processed it.. to make SPM(standard pasteurized milk), Toned milk , double tone milk.

Then he stopped me and now panel member 2 :

Question : Now, nishant tell me.. what will you do to start a unit with 25 cattles with help of bank ?

Replied : first of all, i will find best cattle breeds and for that i will contact farmers.To start any unit, i need finance, to bring the milk from that cattle's, i will arrange tankers and work men.TO make unit, i will need a land.So here bank can help me by providing finance to established the unit...

he stopped me here... how will you select cattle's ? direct 25 or in batch ( conversation was done in HINDI as he asked me in HINDI) I told that i will prefer in batch,

i don't have that much money (with smile) He also smiled and told me to leave it

and transfer me to panel member 3: 

Question : What are banking products ?

replied: Deposits of public, loans, advances, etc...

Question : How will you sell this products if you will be allotted rural branch ?

Replied : I will analyse the area as i am right now working in rural branch, i will contact tea vendors to spread the word of mouth for banking products. I will put posters in local languages to attract local public.And also sell the loans...he stopped me .... and asked : What types of loans you can offer to them in rural ?

Replied : Housing loan, Land Loan, Overdraft facility etc..

Question : What is lactation period ?

Replied : i don't know.I mean i have heard this word but i do not have sure answer. He told me that i should know that as i have done B.tech.

Now the last 4th member (lady member): (total conversation was in GUJARATI)

Question : Where are you working ? which bank ?

Replied : Oriental bank of commerce,naranpar branch,bhuj.

Question : So who are your customers ?

Replied : This village have many NRI people with general public. Question :What types of NRI accounts are there ?

Replied : There are NRE and NRO accounts.Non residential rupee account and non residential ordinary rupee account.

Question : what is d difference between them ?

Replied: NRE : opened by only NRI, Remittances can be done to other NRI account only from abroad as well. where as in NRO : You can remit from any account.

Question : total deposits in your branch ?

Replied : Around 100 lakhs a year.(they were saying no its less) Then they look at each other and told me thank you. then again other members greeted me thanks and i replied with thanks and left the room.

P.S. : This was my encounter for PO interview.All the best to all of you.I hope this will help you.Sorry for grammatical errors if you find.

IBPS

Dear PaGaLGuY Readers,

We are pleased to present you an Interview Missile: an exclusive docket of some typical questions which can be expected in IBPS PO - IV Interview.

This Missile is certain to help you shine and sail through your interviews.

Please Click on the following link to download Interview Missile:

http://bit.ly/bankpointerview

Also download:

General Awareness Bullet:

http://www.pagalguy.com/articles/general-awareness-bullet-31198603

All The Best 

Guys,,,,ye dariya nahi samander hai.....kitna bhi padho khatam hi nahi hota......  uff jaldi se 24th aa jaye.....

hey guys tell me one thing is it possible that candidature get cancelled even if they are verified during interview?

Dear Friends,

I have been receiving hundreds of personnel messages requesting me to be active in this group and my husband has given permission to continue my presence in this platform,hence I will be available in this platform

Any interview experience?

they made me to write declaration letter of candidature cancellation!!!any one from last year faced this problem !!please help!!

Hi friends

This is jitendra...on 24-01-2015 my Ibps Po interview was completed.so here I am going to described how I attended the interview and the questions were asked and what were my answered.so friend please give suggestion regarding my selection.......so here are below

My interview was in hyderabad ,pathapi road ,andhra bank head office at morning 8.30 panel 3.my documentation was completed at 9 am and I am called for interview at 9.10am.so there was 5 member in the panel(4 gents and 1 lady).before I entered the room I just knocked. And I entered and I wished to every on with loudly with smile face.all the member r wish d same.so my questions and answers r

P1-as u belongs to western odisha from jharsuguda,as the city is full of natural resource.so how it will help to Indian economy.

My ans.first of all it give employment to every one.so people income money and spend. So the money is circulated and the economy will grow and my 2nd reason-by industrialization maximum utilization of resources is happen.so it will also rise the economy.

P1.OK......what is yr father doing....

My ans....I gave the answer.

P2-what is ur highest qualification.

My ans. ..pgdm with marketing and operation specialization.

P2-why u resigned from yr job?

My ans...as I didn't get time for preparation for interview ,as marketing professional, whole day I have to roam around the city .that's why I didn't get time for preparation.

P2-really.u resigned for interview only...good and he asked the lady panel to ask so banking related question as prepared for interview.

P3...tell me what is banking

My and..it is a financial institution which primarily engaged in collection and mobilization of savings and converted into investment.

P3.how many types of deposits r there....

My ans....3 and r time deposits, demand deposits and time and demand deposits....

P4....what is the difference between sales and marketing as I had experience in marketing.

My ans...I answered.

P4...what is GDP..

My ans....the total production of goods and services of a country in a particular period of time.

P4..what is the GDP now..

My ans..5.5%

P4...impressed

P5...what u did in ur graduation

My ans..science with chemistry

P5-what is chemical bonding.

My ans...it is the chemical reaction between the molecules of a particle.

P5 ..what is the chemical composition of bleaching powder..

My ans...sory sir I don't know...

P3...as u read it I graduation that's why forgot.

My ans...ya mam....all r laughed on me....

P1...what is foreign reserve.

My ans..the amount of money of foreign currency the RBI keep.

P1...what is the amount today....

My ans....I don't have idea....

P1-al last he told as u have experience in marketing, then tell me what is mockdrilling.

My ans....I answered...he is not fully satisfied but told some what right...

Friends that's all my interview. Question and answers. All the panel member s are really awesome and fully supportive...so friend have prepared well and answer with full confidence ,it may be wrong or right........so friend give me feed back ,how was my interview.

will u be the best banker or best engineer?

hey anybody giving ib??

if yes then

guys tell me how is IB life what they actually do ????like james bond kufia agents??all that???tell me in detail so that i can decide whether to attempt or not!!!!please guide me??and tell me is each section has different cut off or total cut off??

Hello friends. Below is my detailed Interview experience.

Name: Siddharth Jain

Venue: Bank of Maharashtra( Fort, Mumbai)

Interview Date: 28-01-2015

Time: 01:00 pm

Panel: I

Document Verification:The first stage is document verification stage. Please carry all your documents including extra-curricular activities certificates original as well as Xerox.

Interview: I was second candidate for interview. There were around 20-25 candidates in my panel. So, my turn came up within 20 minutes after document verification stage. I dint even get time to think something. I entered into the room. There were 4 males (M1, M2, M3, M4) and 1 female(F5) panellists.

M1 was the main panellist. He asked most of the questions. As soon as I entered, he started asking me about me and about my MBA project.

M1: Tell us something about yourself and your project.

Me: Answered. I told my achievement of IIM-A invitation in this so cross questioning on that.

M1: Why did you go to IIM-A?

Me: I explained how I went through an Essay writing competition and spent two days with PGP students.

M1: So you wrote essay on Sanitation in India? Why?

Me: I explained. Then he mockingly said he want to read my essay.

M2: What is IFSC code?

Me: Explained well.

M2: Then what is MICR code? (To give me stress)
Me: I simply said I can't recollect.

M3: What are Banking products other than Accepting deposits and giving loans?

Me: Explained well.

M1: Tell us more related to Rural Banking products.

Me: Explained Microfinance, Kisan Vikas patra.

M1: What is Kisan credit card?

Me: I explained Kisan Vikas patra but he was expecting Kisan Card. I said I don't have an idea.

M2: So you are MBA(Finance). Do u know Ratio Analysis?

Me: Explained.

M2: What is Current Ratio? What is Ideal Current Ratio?

M2: If Current Ratio is 5:1. Is it good or not?

Me: Explained. I said good. Some cross-questions on this.

M2: Components of Current Assets?

M1: If Bills Receivables is 80% of current Assets, then Is 5:1 ratio good for company?

Me: I said in that case it is not good and explained. They were satisfied with answer.

M2: What is DSCR?

Me: Debt- Service Coverage Ratio. Couldn't explain.

M2: He said its o.k but tell us is it used for short term or long term?

Me: Explained well. Long term. He was satisfied.

Overall, it was a good Interview from my side. All panellists were satisfied with my answers. One female member and 1 male member din't ask anything. They were just observing. I was confident throughout the Interview which helped me a lot. Because of my confidence they didn't do much cross questioning with me. 
Last but not the least, My Interview was a bit different from general ones. They din't ask any question on Why Banking? Why PO? They asked questions more on my subjects(finance) and my extra curricular activities. 

Suggestion:

1. Be confident.
2. Don't be nervous.

3. Keep yourself cool.

4. Believe in yourself.

5. Read general Banking questions.

6. Prepare questions on your own profile.

If someone want to know more, kindly feel free to mail me on:

rkumar247@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sid

in notification in which page it is written that marks will be available through query based ???

interview is over ....how to know marks now?

any knowledge or experience of PWD candidate?? after interview when did u get result and allocation?

My final semester result was announced on 17th june 2015. but the final semester marksheet carries the date 17th july 2015 as the certificates where printed on that particular date..will this be a problem?

Check Out:  SBI PO Recruitment 2016 (2200 vacancies) 

http://timesalert.com/sbi-po-recruitment-2016/11769/