IBA v/s Any other B-School in India

Hey frnds, Indian Business Academy is better than some way or the other against any other B-school in India… i m not saying that we r the best…but in many areas we have an upper hand among all the b-school in India… ppl interested t…

Hey frnds,

Indian Business Academy is better than some way or the other against any other B-school in India.. i m not saying that we r the best....but in many areas we have an upper hand among all the b-school in India..

ppl interested to join and also wanna knw how we are better than any other b-school in india in some or the other way...jus post in here..

Regards
Ankit Srivastava
Indian Business Academy..
Bangalore

IBA Rocks...!!

Indian Business Academy was started way back 7 yrs ago...
It is important that when we are talking about business and working in corporates in India we want leaders and managers to work as per the Indian Scenario and as per the perspective of indian business...coz doing business in India is totally different as compared to doing business elsewhere in the world..

It is said even if philip kotler comes to india he would also fail in his said marketing strategies. coz the way business is done in india is completely different the way kotler presents in his book.

Other B-schools only teach what is applicable to companies like walmart, microsoft etc doing business elsewhere in the world..

At the time when IBA was about to start the founders did a research on all the B-Schools present in India. They found out that there is not even a single business school that caters to making students leaders and managers in doing business in Indian Markets..everyone was focussing in the way business is done elsewhere in the world. At that time the foundation of Indian Business Academy was laid down with an idea to make the students the managers nd most importantly leaders of tomorrow as per the Indian Scenario...

At that time the founders named the clg as Indian Business Academy..

There is also one more clg in hyderabad that Indian School of Business but it is not School of Indian Business therefore it is also cateting to the walmart's, microsoft's doing business elsewhere in the world.

Regards
Ankit Srivastava
Bangalore

IBA Rocks..!!!

Ankit,

I got selected for the '07 batch.

Need to know following things:

1) When is the '07 batch commencing
2) Please put a bit more light on palcement record.

hey buddy,

u hav got into the wrong thread..there is a thread on "life at IBA".. visit that thread u'll get the entire details...

regards
Ankit Srivastava

IBA Rocks..!!

The classrooms at IBA r develped in the form of Board Rooms. Also they are not called classrooms but we call them Board Rooms..

We do not have traditional style table & chairs. We have seats in the form of corrporate board rooms. you go anywhere in India you wont find such kind of classes in any B-school

This gives an entirely different feeling of coporate culture when we enter the classrooms..

Regards
Ankit Srivastava

IBA Rocks..!!!

We have our own campus. the lush green campus has all the facilities. we have world class infrastructure. with the best look. every who visits the campus loves it coz its sooooooo beautiful..

Also we have 24hrs Wifi connectivity anywhere in the campus. all other facilities such as liabrary which is open till 3 am, IT lab that is open 24hrs, A gym, a sports room, our own mess, our in house laundary, hostels for both boys and girls.

many of these facilities you wont find in many of the b-schools. so we r in these ways also better than those b-schools.

Regards
Ankit Srivastava
Indian Business Academy...

IBA Rocks...!!

We are not an AICTE approved clg..nor we do have a UGC Grant.. We are a fully AUTONOMOUS body. we have never faced any problems of not having any kinda approval from these institutions. Moreover we enjoy the freedom that we get being an autonomous body...

- our course gets updated as per the industry trends in every 2 months. The IIM courses gets updated in 2 yrs.

- who teaches you Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility in any other b-school. IBA does it.

- We follow our own structure & our own ways to do things, carry out exams etc etc... this is the freedom other clgs dont enjoy..

- We are not answerable to any institution or to any university for which other clgs are to which they are associated.

- We are only thought what is the present industry trend and what is going on in the industry these days. but others have to follow what is prescribed.

Life is sooooooooo good at IBA.

Regards,
Ankit Srivastava

IBA Rocks...!!

The best part in the history which no b-school has ever achieved. It was only 6 yrs when IBA came up with its own new second campus at Greater Noida in the Special Economic Zone. This itself marks the success of IBA. with track record of 100% good placements.

Which clg in India have u seen has come up with a new campus within 6 yrs only,,,none..

This is what makes IBA better than others.

Regards
Ankit Srivastava

IBA Rocks...!!

The Art of Living programme is enrolled into the course curriculum of IBA, every student studying here has to do the Basic Corporate Course at the Art of Living campus...

How many clg do u find giving such kind of training to students which would help them grow and cater stress.

There are hardly few clgs.

Regards
Ankit Srivastava
Indian Business Academy,,

IBA Rocks..!!

@ankit

Dude thank you for enlightening me here are some points i have noted via ur posts

No other institutes or should i say most institutes do not teach their students agressive and at times unethical marketing but your institute surely does.
CSR Corp Governance dude these subjects are covered even in bms/bba level so does that mean it makes better managers please look beyond bookish study.
So what if IBA has a new campus in 6 years what does it prove???
By calling a classroom a boardroom makes you a better professional and better seats makes you a better person i never knew that before.
Whatever you have stated here is rosy talk without any substance dude and you sound like a typical B schooler out to prmote his/her institute for the heck of it.
Be modest and humble and straightforward maybe thats what IBA didnt teach you.
I have some openings in consumer sales do contact me coz by the looks of it you are fit for it
Mettalica Rocks
Indian Roads Rock
IBA rocks

hey buddy,

u a secretary or a receptionist of some really small company or what,,,?? u really note down things well.

see first of all i m not trying to do unethical marketing,,,,its jus we are better in some or the other way than many other clgs is what i m trying to highlight..

boss lemme tell you that CSR / Corporate governance are topics beyond books that is what is taught in IBA, had ppl studied that via books as per you would have definitely made up very good in the corporates which is not the case.

getting a new campus that too in 6 yrs requires GUTS dude, there r a hell lot of ppl who have enough money to construct n number of campuses. do they do it...NO.. cozz they dont know will their campuses work or not....we knew that our new campus will do good. it really require guts buddy with high risk. these are all strategic level thinking which a guy at ur level might not understand...so not need to break ur head for it.

i didnt say we only call our classrooms as boardroom...we also have the infrastructure inside as the boardrooms have...once u get into the corporate world u'll see how they are...& it does make u more professional coz the entire environment changes...if u think that was not the case then y things carried out in a professional way...oh u might not understand all this...Think beyond your operational level job oh sorry now u might not understand what operational level is. i mean start thinking beyond your such lower level job..

boss i have proof to substantiate my points...tell me whatever i have stated do maximum number of b-schools have it....& also if it does promote my clg i dont mind...coz we are way above many many many bschools in india..& i dont mind telling this to everyone.

buddy i dont think u might be a nice good employer who thinks so small.....boss start thinking beyond this is what is taught at IBA...

also as u dont have to ability to think big.....u gonna loose ur job soon...anyways i would need someone who can summarise this thread when i end it & note down all the good points...dont worry i'll give u a job. also may be u can be made a sectretary of the receptionist who sits in IBA.

hey ankit i appreciate your concern that you want to help students out there,but you title appears offensive acc to rules of the forum,please PM mahip bhai for its change

hey buddy,

u a secretary or a receptionist of some really small company or what,,,?? u really note down things well.

see first of all i m not trying to do unethical marketing,,,,its jus we are better in some or the other way than many other clgs is what i m trying to highlight..

boss lemme tell you that CSR / Corporate governance are topics beyond books that is what is taught in IBA, had ppl studied that via books as per you would have definitely made up very good in the corporates which is not the case.

getting a new campus that too in 6 yrs requires GUTS dude, there r a hell lot of ppl who have enough money to construct n number of campuses. do they do it...NO.. cozz they dont know will their campuses work or not....we knew that our new campus will do good. it really require guts buddy with high risk. these are all strategic level thinking which a guy at ur level might not understand...so not need to break ur head for it.

i didnt say we only call our classrooms as boardroom...we also have the infrastructure inside as the boardrooms have...once u get into the corporate world u'll see how they are...& it does make u more professional coz the entire environment changes...if u think that was not the case then y things carried out in a professional way...oh u might not understand all this...Think beyond your operational level job oh sorry now u might not understand what operational level is. i mean start thinking beyond your such lower level job..

boss i have proof to substantiate my points...tell me whatever i have stated do maximum number of b-schools have it....& also if it does promote my clg i dont mind...coz we are way above many many many bschools in india..& i dont mind telling this to everyone.

buddy i dont think u might be a nice good employer who thinks so small.....boss start thinking beyond this is what is taught at IBA...

also as u dont have to ability to think big.....u gonna loose ur job soon...anyways i would need someone who can summarise this thread when i end it & note down all the good points...dont worry i'll give u a job. also may be u can be made a sectretary of the receptionist who sits in IBA.

Its quite evident what your B-school has been teaching you...

I agree .. IBA Rocks !!! :drinking:
ankit~~!!! Says
-There is also one more clg in hyderabad that Indian School of Business but it is not School of Indian Business therefore it is also cateting to the walmart's, microsoft's doing business elsewhere in the world.

You're taking a quip at ISB,Hyd for no reason!
ankit~~!!! Says
-our course gets updated as per the industry trends in every 2 months. The IIM courses gets updated in 2 yrs.

I'd love to see a response from the IIM junta! Altho i dont think any1 will even bother responding to this silly comparison..
- who teaches you Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility in any other b-school. IBA does it.
- We follow our own structure & our own ways to do things, carry out exams etc etc... this is the freedom other clgs dont enjoy..
- We are not answerable to any institution or to any university for which other clgs are to which they are associated.
- We are only thought what is the present industry trend and what is going on in the industry these days. but others have to follow what is prescribed.

Wow.:wow:
The best part in the history which no b-school has ever achieved. It was only 6 yrs when IBA came up with its own new second campus at Greater Noida in the Special Economic Zone. This itself marks the success of IBA. with track record of 100% good placements.

Which clg in India have u seen has come up with a new campus within 6 yrs only,,,none..

This is what makes IBA better than others.

Ever heard of ICFAI? ****?

Mettalica Rocks
Indian Roads Rock
IBA rocks

hahahahaha...!
ankit~~!!! Says

unnecessary hostility here.. & ur point was?
_________

@Ankit
- Im sure you are having an intellectually stimulating experience at IBA and therefore chose to spread awareness about it.
But please do not assume that all other B-Schools are crap and therefore IBA is better.
Instead try & bring out the positives of IBA without drawing a comparison. Cheers!

Hey guys,

I m not trying to show or whip any b-school. I have already stated in the introduction post and i m telling again that its jus that IBA is better than some or the other b-schools in some or the other way....so i m jus highlighing those points. also i m not at all saying or assuming that other b-schools are crap... so ppl dont get offended by it.

other clgs have their own speciality and i m not at all denying it. i m only telling the positives about IBA. thats it.

i have no wher named any clg apart from only ISB Hyderaad....that too i only told bout what is taught at ISB...nothing else..

regards
ankit

You're taking a quip at ISB,Hyd for no reason!
i m not taking any quip on ISB...i m telling what is taught in ISB.

I'd love to see a response from the IIM junta! Altho i dont think any1 will even bother responding to this silly comparison..

people dont have answers to this comparisons so no one would be able to respond. the course updation is a fact.

Wow.:wow:
Ever heard of ICFAI? ****?

if you are talking bout ICFAI lemme tell you that ICFAI has 14 clgs but apart from 3-4 clgs no other ICFAI clg has its own campus or its own hostel.they all run in rented buildings.

hahahahaha...!
unnecessary hostility here.. & ur point was?
_________

@Ankit
- Im sure you are having an intellectually stimulating experience at IBA and therefore chose to spread awareness about it.
But please do not assume that all other B-Schools are crap and therefore IBA is better.
Instead try & bring out the positives of IBA without drawing a comparison. Cheers!

What to promote ur school... do it the good way. Highlight the good points.

Comparison and putting down some other college doesn't go well around here...

And since ur raised this point... "The IIM courses gets updated in 2 yrs." .. still trying to figure out what u were trying to say here....

wouldn't it have been nicer if u had said just "Our course get updated every 2 months"

Branding is getting ur brand into the minds of the consumer, and that my friend will happen only through a positive manner not through a negative manner. There are a few other puys promoting their colleges on this forum... see how they do it in a positive manner.... would prefer u tried the same way.

As said by abhi and others.....

We all here on PG to help newbees out in making there choices by guiding them. In the process we can definitly recommend our college via its strength and not by exploiting others weakness as no college is perfect and but it is students and there attitude which makes the reputation of the college.

So please post about your college's strength and not the weakness of others.

Ankit am so happy dat sumone has posted this thread.............so with all the info that u have given.....shud i consider u the ultimate authority on B schools in india...........whch has close to 1000 such schools...............if yes......congrtas mate...am proud of ya........jus to point sum small differences dat i have wid ur opinion.....(sorry) js for the sake of a debate.........IBA is definitely a gud school and better than the iims, isb, xlri, spjain,ximb,iits etc etc etc............cos they have board rooms?????? they have hostels?????????? they have wifi campus??????????? or cos they have two campuses..............or the fact that they give admissions to students who have never applied there.......on the basis of my xat score i was called for gd pi wen i had never applied there...............infact atleast 50 of my friends wud gt this kinda call...........so pls explain despite being such a gr8 school...why does iba have to run behind students.................two campuses.....wowwwww.....gud for u guys man.......waise leave icfai for a sec..........ever heard of te IIMs....they got 6 campuses.........huge ones......wifi ones.....then xlri and sp jain and imt G have got international campuses......and yeah u were talkin of guys and grls hostel rite............now name sum gud RESIDENTIAL bschools which do not provide this service.......:wow: .......they wudnt be called a res b school if otherwise.............and am def they got laundary, mess etc etc.........in fact sum of them got CCD in there too.......... alriteee.....for ur dig on isb...can ur clg claim that students get placed at salaries like 1.2 crores or nethun even distantly close to dat.......i dun think so................and for ur quip on the other guy dat he can be given a receptionist job....dun think a budding manager and a possible future entrepreneur shud take things like this personally........u shud have camly but firmlygiven an answer to him......i guess they dun teach u dat in corporate governance classes....:) .......dude....i am gonna join a bschool which is pretty prestigious....has got gud placement levels and almost all the things u jus mentioned abt ur school.......the only thing we dun have is brand name................do u kno y?????? coz our management is COMPLETELY AGAINST DIRECT MARKETING OF THE COLL..........still it has a gud name among the corporates and students....i have friends from iims who have sd dat its a gud school.....wid loadsa potential............even we are trying to increase the brand name of our college.......but def not at the cost of belittelin other gud instis.....every insti is gud in its own way.................and lets respect the fact that iims ,isb are the best institutes in india.......and my insti or even urs is gonna take a lotta time to reach that level............now if u r gonna quip that i dun think big and blah blah....then u wud be mistaken....jus puttin ppl down and callin them operational level workers is not thinkin big dude........................and last but not the least..........no hard feelings dude.......jus viewing my opinion...............IBA def rocks........but not at other instis cost......:)

u dng a gr8 work dude...tryin to build up ur instis brand.........keep it up.......