I think my life might be ruined.

I got placed in infosys and TCS but turned it down and started up something on my own. It did not go well. It’s been 5 years now. I am thinking about doing an MBA. But people are saying I am too old for an MBA now. Too much experience and n…

I got placed in infosys and TCS but turned it down and started up something on my own. It did not go well. It's been 5 years now. I am thinking about doing an MBA.

But people are saying I am too old for an MBA now. Too much experience and not good enough profile since I don't have huge brands in my resume. Therefore, placements would be tough.

Also, when I completed my BE, the fees was 4L. But now, it is 15-25L for a good univ depending on where you study.

This is completely out of reach for me. I can't do an MBA in a lower level uni since that would not get me a job (because of higher fees).

So, I am screwed. People say you should take the path less taken and take risks. Bullshit.

Can't do that in India. I am now screwed. My life and career are ruined.

5 years?? 😲 itni late realise hua? :O

Lol relax! I had 5 years of work-ex when I went for my MBA. Have seen people with 10-15+ years of work ex get MBAs so don't think it's impossible. As far as joining a huge brand goes, two pieces of advice:

1) It's possible to have a good, meaningful career even outside big brands.
2) It's not a given that big brands will not hire you - do your MBA well, get good grades, show that you have the needed expertise and you never know. Luck is also a factor in placement season 😉

All the best!