Hult Vs EM Lyon

Hi Guys, This is my first post. I hold 2 offers one from Hult (Boston) campus and the other from EM LYON. My aim is to do a one year MBA since I hold 10 years work ex in BFSI curently at a senior level and basically wish to go for an intern…

Hi Guys,
This is my first post.

I hold 2 offers one from Hult (Boston) campus and the other from EM LYON. My aim is to do a one year MBA since I hold 10 years work ex in BFSI curently at a senior level and basically wish to go for an international exposure and possibly a change in industry or turn an entreprenuer. My GMAT score is below 600. Hult has offered me a total schol of 14K $ + erika loan of 15k$ and the offer sounds too good. Em Lyon on the other hand is a good school from entrepreneurship perspective and the fact that intake is approx 40-50 and hence placements may be easier. I am married and may be my spouse will accompany me. I have also applied to Wharton and planning for Warwick aswell.

Hult wants a confirmation by 31st Jan with some deposit and I am really confused since both schools are not tier 1 and Wharton & Warwick confirmations shall come in by Fed end.

Looking for some suggestions !

I went through the same confusion till some time back, am also planning to take my wife along, HULT seems to be improving in its rankings steadily in Both FT.com and Economist, waiting for Economist ranking this year. They are not ranked in BW, WSJ, US News as they are not accredited by AACSB. But nevertheless am convinced and have paid my deposit.

Two lead points.

1. Networking alone will help u survive Post MBA, i know few columbia grads, brilliant fellas who could not find a job because of getting into comfort zone and not networking

2. HULT is NOT in league with Harvard and MIT at all; so no competition from them. BU is alright and as far as my knowledge goes once again it actually doesn't matter much. So i haven't seen any school competing actually.

Lets look at it positively, am sure it will be a great experience

I went through the same confusion till some time back, am also planning to take my wife along, HULT seems to be improving in its rankings steadily in Both FT.com and Economist, waiting for Economist ranking this year. They are not ranked in BW, WSJ, US News as they are not accredited by AACSB. But nevertheless am convinced and have paid my deposit.

Two lead points.

1. Networking alone will help u survive Post MBA, i know few columbia grads, brilliant fellas who could not find a job because of getting into comfort zone and not networking

2. HULT is NOT in league with Harvard and MIT at all; so no competition from them. BU is alright and as far as my knowledge goes once again it actually doesn't matter much. So i haven't seen any school competing actually.

Lets look at it positively, am sure it will be a great experience

Hey Kris,
We talked on the Hult Post. Great that both of us have accepted the hult offer. I check on EMLYON and found that while it is a really good school and an underdog in many senses, but, it is typically regional and more oriented towards manufacturing sector. That's not where I want to be. One other big factor is that ideally should have some knowhow / links in France to get a decent start. I found that tough. Moreover I heard mixed reviews on its entrepreneurship study focus across various forums. I havent declined the offer yet but guess will be doing that now.

Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers !

Hi Guys
I am in the same situation where you were sometimes back I have to pay a deposit by March 26th to accept Hult offer.I am yet to hear from other universities.