Howz Erudite (kolkata) ??

Hi friends, Do you know about Erudite (Kolkata) ? How is it ? Is it worth joining ? Thanks :slight_smile: Take Care, paras

Hi friends,

Do you know about Erudite (Kolkata) ?
How is it ?
Is it worth joining ?

Take Care,
paras

Hi friends,

Do you know about Erudite (Kolkata) ?

Hmmm... For a min, I thot.. u were ref to our erudite in mumbai... hes a regular poster... Just kidding!!! 😃

Simba

even i landed up on this thread thinkin it was related to r vry own version of ERUDITE in MUMBAI!!!!LOL
hey paras just curious to kno wat this erudite in kolkata is??a b-school??or somethuin else??

I have heard that Erudite is very good in Kolkata...Few friends of mine joined last year..and their feedback was it is good...

Arunava

WOW a thread in my name 😁 and also institutes too

I have heard that Erudite is very good in Kolkata...
Arunava

I'am good even in Mumbai

Erudite Kolkata is fantastic..
Each year plenty from erudite make it to the iims and other top b schools ..
Their pedagogy is on the lines of ims , but the quality of students in erudite makes the environment more competitive..
ya.. it's definitely worth joining.. some of my friends.. from erudite last yr.. are in IIM Calcutta and IIM Bangalore this year..

hmmmmmm i can gather that Erudite is a coaching cenntre in CAL........but what is erudite in mumbai..............

pls enlighten........

Mohit

hmmmmmm i can gather that Erudite is a coaching cenntre in CAL........but what is erudite in mumbai..............

pls enlighten........

Erudite in Mumbai is http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u;=3782 😉

Cheers
Erudite Kolkata is fantastic..
Each year plenty from erudite make it to the iims and other top b schools ..
Their pedagogy is on the lines of ims , but the quality of students in erudite makes the environment more competitive..
ya.. it's definitely worth joining.. some of my friends.. from erudite last yr.. are in IIM Calcutta and IIM Bangalore this year..

and i thought it was a mba insti... :shock:

hi anupam..........
howz u........
ahaskar here........
get in touch at [email protected]
bye

hi all!!!!!!!!
erudite is fine............
di/ds n quants is best in city..........
rc nt dat gud
cool place 2 study
nice competition.......
nice crowd........n gals 2

i was der last year

bye

ya acc to me erudite is grt .the ambience out there is wonderful and the teachers r really helpful .venevr u require any help they r always there for u :
i hv studied at erudite..

few things u will have to consider

1) the mocks are all within erudite only .. only 200 students will take it
and %iles are not given at all :(... so u will have to take mocks from some other coaching insti..)

2) many faculties i hv heard have left.. ones for maths- chaurasia, and rc.. have formed another coaching center,. since i left in march .. u will have to confirm the news urself

3) the fees is highest .. around 19k as i remmber + extra for gd/pi .. around 4-5k .. i didnt join it .. so i dont remember

vikas
IIM indore

i hv studied at erudite..
few things u will have to consider
1) the mocks are all within erudite only .. only 200 students will take it
and %iles are not given at all :(... so u will have to take mocks from some other coaching insti..)
2) many faculties i hv heard have left.. ones for maths- chaurasia, and rc.. have formed another coaching center,. since i left in march .. u will have to confirm the news urself
3) the fees is highest .. around 19k as i remmber + extra for gd/pi .. around 4-5k .. i didnt join it .. so i dont remember
vikas
IIM indore

hi.. i'm an ex from eru... year 2004... then eru was the best coaching in the city... ahead of career launcher and IMS. but since, two of the main facuty members have left. still the crowd is gr8, among the best in cal, so u get enough of competition... and the head, vidhur kapoor, is one heck of a guy. if u join eru, and can somehow interact with him regularly, that alone will take care of everything else... for all the other short comings... lately erudite as turned more professional in its aproach...

one thing to keep in mind... no matter what, if u join eru, u certainly will find urself pitted against the best in cal. rest... its upto u...
being a student i wud suggest its best to join erudite just for the sheer competition you get due to high no. of student and high no. of class room coaching

I am a student of Erudite but in bhubaneswar.Infact I am the first student of Erudite bhubaneswar.I couldnot attend their classes as much as i wanted due to some family responsibilities.They had around 30-35 students taking class room coachings and around 45 appearing for mocks.

its simply great well organized wid great faculty
aditya
crazy_for_CAT Says
being student i wud suggest its best to join erudite just for the sheer competition you get due to high no. of student and high no. of class room coaching

i agree... but keep in mind that if u want an indication of where u stand india wide... u'd do better by joining some other mock cat series too... most of the students do eventually....

I did my cat coaching in erudite and so when I talk abt erudite being crap I know what I m talking abt. Let me put things in perspective. The sole advantage of being in erudite is that u get good people to compete with. The reason being that erudite was a early starter in cal. It gets a lot of word-of-mouth publicity. Good students go there every year and so it has relatively better results. There is no positive contribution from erudite otherwise. Period.
Now the disadvantages: firstly, the simcats there are as far as u can get from catthey simulate bank clerical exams not cat. Its difficult to make anything worse.
Secondly, most students here are in awe of the owner-cum-di teacher vidhur kapoor. But all he teaches is fast calculations6digit by 6digit division types, which will only help us to impress our little brothers and sisters and is of no use for cat. Even clerks dont hav to do that. After training students for so many years he still doesnt know this. He survives totally on visual personality and peptalk.
Thirdly, the fees is 19k+ for just cat..no gd/pino xat
English teachers are awful, all they talk abt is speed reading. Maths is ok.
The management is very disorganized and uncooperative.
Erudite survives only on hype and i have somehow refrained from using uncivil language for it.
But most people would vouch for erudites excellence but most people are mostly wrong.