How Was Tiss ????

Hi Puys Can V Discuss Abt The Tiss Paper Here… I Felt This Time Tiss Had Easy Quants N Logical Section …but The General Knowledge Was Comparitively Tough… Me Xpecting Around 80+ Any Chances Of Me Gettin Call Frm Tiss …

Hi Puys

Can V Discuss Abt The Tiss Paper Here....

I Felt This Time Tiss Had Easy Quants N Logical Section ...but The General Knowledge Was Comparitively Tough..

Me Xpecting Around 80+

Any Chances Of Me Gettin Call Frm Tiss

Rgds
Karthik

could not appear....as i had to choose between FMS and TISS....going for FMS....

fiends plzzz plzz recollect questions frm general wareness sec n post them here

my share of contribution

1.what is sez
2.what is bpo
3.name the book written by prez musharraf
4.what does s stand for in sot
5.recently kharlanji is in news why
6.under which article untouchability is not practised...
7.one party is not a national party..

8.parliament:u.k
9.bear: russia
10.one question on having a one boss at a time
11.belligerent opposite of this
12.adroit opposite for this
13.one Q on a company concentartion on the core business
14.global comtact is followed by whom..

wordings can b wrong but these r the Q ...vill post some more as n when i remember

1.itc rural scheme initiative name..
2.fw taylor is associated with

1.who was called punjab kesari
2.who is the deputy chairman of planning commission

1.what is tqm?
2.wat does iso14000 stand for
3.potboiler (anology q)

Hi Puys

I Felt This Time Tiss Had Easy Quants N Logical Section ...but The General Knowledge Was Comparitively Tough..

Me Xpecting Around 80+

Rgds
Karthik

Dear Karthik,

How do u expect 80+?? Where was it mentioned that each question carried 1 mark each??

The TISS brochure clearly says that the total marks is 70 and all Gen category students scoring 45+ and all SC/ST students scoring 35+ will be called for the next stage of evaluation!! So, this is not a competitive entrance exam in the sense that only top 500 scorers will be called.... allthe students scoring above mentioned marks will be called for the next stage.

Regards,
Dipankar

an okaish paper!!!

dunno whether they l call me fr the gd n pi....... bt tuff gk man~!!!!!!!! ws strgglin to do atleast 60 percent......f the ques... letsee!!!

Dear Karthik,

How do u expect 80+?? Where was it mentioned that each question carried 1 mark each??

The TISS brochure clearly says that the total marks is 70 and all Gen category students scoring 45+ and all SC/ST students scoring 35+ will be called for the next stage of evaluation!! So, this is not a competitive entrance exam in the sense that only top 500 scorers will be called.... allthe students scoring above mentioned marks will be called for the next stage.

Regards,
Dipankar

man paper is for 120 marks ...later they vill convert to 70 marks
Hi Puys

Me Xpecting Around 80+

Rgds
Karthik

i think the gs section is pretty easy......

how wish i had opted 2 appear 4.tiss
i chose mfc........240 questions damn it:wow:

nd when u quoted the gk section quoted here in this thread......
i could hav scored full marks in the section.. i knw them all
but............
jab jab jo hona hota hai tab tab wo hota hai
bhagya se zyada samay se pehle kisi ko kuch nahi milta.........

lets cc if i get a call frm mfc..........
attempted 140..........

If the total marks was 120 and if they are going to convert it to 70, then Genreal Category students, in order to get a call for GD/PI, will have to score 73.71 (43/70) and SC/ST students will have to score 60 (35/70) out of 120!!

How many of u now feel that u r going to get a call??

Regards,
Dipankar

before i give my inputs on tiss paper....i have to say one thing...i never expected so much of mismanagement on the part of such a reputed institute.

There was so much confusion...our admit cards said we were suppose to write in the boxes with black pen only...whereas the instructions on the question paper said not to use any kinda ink on the omr sheet....n the best part is even the faculty frm tiss wasn`t clear....they made us fill half of our form in ink...while the other half with pencil.

troubles didn`t end here....next thing...are these ppl bankrupt or wat....they hired a school where they didn`t even have desks....we had to keep our watches n other stationary on our laps with things falling down every 2 seconds....dark,dilapidated , dingy kinda building...must have been made keeping vampires in mind....upar se i got a seat in bio lab....ekdum baggal mein skeleton taang rakhha tha..... anyways...forget it!!!

paper went fine....attempted arnd 90 but no flukes.actually i was thru with my paper in arnd 1 hr....coz usse jyada aata hi nahi tha.....attempted each n every quant n eng n di question but gk...i guess there were arnd 44 question...i attempted only 14-15.infact i had so much of extra time that i actually revised my paper.. .....to see if by any chance i have missed some quant or eng question...kamse kam kuch to ho karne ke liye.

u know wat...i think this gk section is gonna b the decider....coz rest of the paper was so easy that every1 wud have done it...now whoever scores in gk...gets a call!!!
i think the gs section is pretty easy......

how wish i had opted 2 appear 4.tiss
i chose mfc........240 questions damn it:wow:

nd when u quoted the gk section quoted here in this thread......
i could hav scored full marks in the section.. i knw them all
but............
jab jab jo hona hota hai tab tab wo hota hai
bhagya se zyada samay se pehle kisi ko kuch nahi milta.........

lets cc if i get a call frm mfc..........
attempted 140..........

my dear frnd read the post carefully then draw conclusions ...i said gk was comparitively tough ...now u can make out how qa,va were...
gk questions:-
1)wats the full form of tqm
2)wat does "s" stand for in SWOT
3)wat does constitutional amendment 74 deal with
4)full form of sez
5)full form of BPO
6)who wrote the book named "freedom" n "capitalism"
7)which article deals with abolishment of untouchability
global compact is an initiative by whom
9)wen an employee tells the boss abt his colleague indulging in corrupt ways,wat is it called.
10)wen a person concentrates only on himself and his buisness , wat is it called?...(hadd hai yaar......there are terminologies for these things also)
11)which of the following trade unions is a part of CPI...options were...AITUC,CITU n 2 more.

will send more as they strike.....right now completely enervated...thank god this was the last exam of the season....i have sacrificed enuf of my sundays since last 6 months in writing these exams.
gk questions:-
1)wats the full form of tqm
2)wat does "s" stand for in SWOT
3)wat does constitutional amendment 74 deal with
4)full form of sez
5)full form of BPO
6)who wrote the book named "freedom" n "capitalism"
7)which article deals with abolishment of untouchability
global compact is an initiative by whom
9)wen an employee tells the boss abt his colleague indulging in corrupt ways,wat is it called.
10)wen a person concentrates only on himself and his buisness , wat is it called?...(hadd hai yaar......there are terminologies for these things also)
11)which of the following trade unions is a part of CPI...options were...AITUC,CITU n 2 more.

will send more as they strike.....right now completely enervated...thank god this was the last exam of the season....i have sacrificed enuf of my sundays since last 6 months in writing these exams.

1.total quality managemen
2. strenghts
4.special economic zone
5.business process outsourcing
8.wto
11.citu

these r the answers which i'm very sure of..
before i give my inputs on tiss paper....i have to say one thing...i never expected so much of mismanagement on the part of such a reputed institute.
There was so much confusion...our admit cards said we were suppose to write in the boxes with black pen only...whereas the instructions on the question paper said not to use any kinda ink on the omr sheet....n the best part is even the faculty frm tiss wasn`t clear....they made us fill half of our form in ink...while the other half with pencil.
troubles didn`t end here....next thing...are these ppl bankrupt or wat....they hired a school where they didn`t even have desks....we had to keep our watches n other stationary on our laps with things falling down every 2 seconds....dark,dilapidated , dingy kinda building...must have been made keeping vampires in mind....upar se i got a seat in bio lab....ekdum baggal mein skeleton taang rakhha tha..... anyways...forget it!!!
paper went fine....attempted arnd 90 but no flukes.actually i was thru with my paper in arnd 1 hr....coz usse jyada aata hi nahi tha.....attempted each n every quant n eng n di question but gk...i guess there were arnd 44 question...i attempted only 14-15.infact i had so much of extra time that i actually revised my paper.. .....to see if by any chance i have missed some quant or eng question...kamse kam kuch to ho karne ke liye.
u know wat...i think this gk section is gonna b the decider....coz rest of the paper was so easy that every1 wud have done it...now whoever scores in gk...gets a call!!!

bad luck!!!! we here at kolkata centre was comfortable....got a chance to enter in IIM Cal class room!!!!! AC test room with every possible comforts\\\\ A1 test centre i have ever seen!!!

yea, my centre was good too. IIT Chennai. Certainly not A1 but it was as bad as the biology lab. bad luck saumya..where was your centre?

and guys, i'm worried about the marking system too. I've attempted 85 questions overall..with around 85% accuracy. how do i figure out if that good or bad? When are the calls going to be out?

hey people,
well i actuaaly attempted around 70 qs. almost all were genuine attempts. dunno what to make out of this. i guess should have attempted more.
could anybody please lemme knw as to how many shud have been ideally attempted?
and how much shud be ones score to expect a call? am kind of anxious.

If the total marks was 120 and if they are going to convert it to 70, then Genreal Category students, in order to get a call for GD/PI, will have to score 73.71 (43/70) and SC/ST students will have to score 60 (35/70) out of 120!!

How many of u now feel that u r going to get a call??

Regards,
Dipankar

Agreerd
It wont be as easy as it seems to qualify for the next stage, if 120 gets converted to 70.
Since GK was tough, very rare number of candidates would have attempted more than 20 questions out of 45.As for Maths, Verbal and LR,since questions were easy, one could have attempted 70 questions out of 75.
That implies attempts upto 90 questions were very possible.
Now assuming 1 marks for correct ans and -0.25 for wrong ones,one must have maintained accuracy of 85+%(for 90 attempts).
So score of 74 out of 120 wont be as easy as we feel.

cheers
ATB 2 all