How was the ATM for IIMC

Hello frnds how was the atm test today…i attempted 16 questions… Also plz post the number of ppl in your centre…in delhi its 58.

Hello frnds how was the atm test today...i attempted 16 questions...

Also plz post the number of ppl in your centre..in delhi its 58.

In kolkata there were 45 examinees. paper seemed easier than expected...i attempted 24 qs..and was probably the only commerce guy there.

hi Bhai log.........me also at IMI Delhi Today for the ATM.....
Didnt expect it to be tht much easy:wow: ......i mean if i wud have
prepared .....i wud have performed much better... ..
Well attempted 20 questions...dont know is it enf to atleast hope for
PGDCM:satisfie: or not.......well 2morrow 2 PM i will be there to take em on for GD/PI......
Till then Bye bye

hello ppl frm bombay,b'lore plz post ur info too

Venue - IMI Delhi
No of questions - 33

There were 6-7 questions on Probability and Permutation & Combination
functions and equations - around 5
integration - 1
differentiation - 1
Work, Time, scheduling other general stuff - around 10

I hope this shall give a good idea about the paper.

Some answers which I remember :

1)numerator / (x+y-1)
2)Circumradius = 6.5
3)Integration : pie/4
4)sin2x = -3/4, answer = 11/16
5)log x, it is continous and +ve but not differentiable at the point of inflexion.
6)complex number : option c
7)d-neighbour cell : answer : 2d(d+1)
equilateral triangle : 15* root(3)
9)palindrome : answer 2^( ceiling function {2n})
10)manufacturing shop floor effeciency : option b
11)shop floor, toy car : answer: none of these
12)limits : apply L'Hospital's rule and find out answer don't remember it exactly
13)printing characters : answer : 569
14)number of squares and cubes : answer : 1962
15)Probability : one answer : 2/9
16)f(694) + f(695), answer : 2

Don't remember the rest. Me attempted 24 questions.
In Mumbai we had 43 candidates.

-Vengeance

had the ATM thing at IMI, was expexting it to b tougher than it was....
attempted 24 questions,
and realised i had made a mistake in one of the prob ques :wow: , immediately after i handed over the answer sheet. ....

still think it was good, lets see if it was good enuf...

all d best to all
njoi.....

@awr: we had 46 not 43 in mumbai (unless 3 were absent)

i attempted 30. i think i did well, although, good accuracy will be necessary.

some answers dat i remember(am repostin most of awr):
- x / (x-1) (loga,logb, log ab, etc)
- Circumradius = 6.5
- sin2x = -3/4, answer = 11/16
- log x, it is continous and defined but not differentiable at x=1.
- d-neighbour cell : answer : 2d(d+1)
- equilateral triangle : 15* root(3)
- palindrome : answer 2^( floor function {2n}) // correct answer is ceiling
- limits : apply L'Hospital's rule (9*x^(3/2))/2
- Probability {10,11,...,39}: 1/2(even);none of these(divisible by 3, 21/60), 1/3(first digit 2, dont rem this ques exactly)
- f(694) + f(695), answer : 2
- truck and storage : 2nd and 4th day, although some have said that it is wrong. I don't know the correct answer.
- handles and axles : 150, again a matter of dispute. I think I might have made the silly mistake of overlooking the part of axles being manufactured singly but being used in pairs.
- 8 and 8 (first and last digit)
- 962 non squares and non cubes in the first 1000

- Circumradius = 6.5
- Probability {10,11,...,39}: 1/2(even);none of these(divisible by 3, 21/60), 1/3(first digit 2, dont rem this ques exactly)
- truck and storage : 2nd and 4th day, although some have said that it is wrong. I don't know the correct answer.
- handles and axles : 150, again a matter of dispute. I think I might have made the silly mistake of overlooking the part of axles being manufactured singly but being used in pairs.

Good attempts bkmiictian :)

Some corrections :

handles and axles waali q me.. only 100 handles ban rahe the while the number of axles possible were 300. Hence although 150 cars can be manufactured, we have only 100 handles.. hence 100 cars. ANswer : (d)None of these.

Truck and Storage : Option (b) Transport everything on the 4th period. Coz.. calculating the other options.. (b) has an edge over (a) by Rs.100/-

Rest of the answers fine.. though not sure about probability ( didn't attmpt much here )

And ya.. we did have 46 people.. sorry for the mistake. 😃

- Circumradius = 6.5

xy/(x+y-1)
me also 2 and 4 day
me also 150, bt seems its wrong

rest all same as marked by me...though i nw remember some others-

-min +ve value of a^2tan + b^2 cot = 2ab
-complex no product =0 ans - only statement correct was - atleast one must be zero
-4 spheres on a plane touching each other - me marked x = a(2 - root(3)), random guess
-computer, radar, gyroscope prob -
a) prob of radar or gyro wrking wile other failin - mine ans came out to be .3 so none of these
b) don remember it, nt attempted too
- prob on ordered 5 digit no.s - dint do
- no of integral values of n so that log10 of (n(10-n)/16)is -ve = 2( 1 and 9 )

these are all which i remember....junta do try to post all ques if possible...

Adios

Hi,

Me too at Mumbai. 46 candidates.

I attempted 25 and as of now have 3 incorrect.

I too got the answer to the first question as xy/x+y-1.
(sum(a^i)=x and sum(b^i)=y then sum(ab^i)=?, a,b
Other questions apart from what has been already posted:

* Sum of rational roots of an equation
* No. of nth order orthogonal matrices
* Velocities of two travellers moving towards each other given. Find out the distance travelled in the last minute.

Will post more if I remember later.

Overall, a very easy paper, easier than CAT QA. With fundamentals clear, anyone could crack the entire paper, if one were a bit fast at solving.

Cheers,
Vivek

Some answers which I remember :

1)numerator / (x+y-1)

-Vengeance

let a = 1/2...
x= a/(1-a) = 1/2/(1-1/2) = 1

b=1/3
y=b/(1-b) = 1/3/1-1/3) = 1/2

ab/(1-ab) = 1/6/(1-1/6) = 1/5

xy/x+y+1 = 1/2/(1+1/2+1) = 1/5

xy/x+y-1 = 1/2/(1+1/2-1) != 1/5

wasn't i was ranging from 1 to infinite and not 0 to infinite

toh answer num/x+y+1 hona chahiye...yaa maine koi condn miss kar di :(.sry for pathetic tareeqa..par maine socha values daalna sahi rahega..)
someone plz explain

Hi posting a few questions that i remember

five questions on probbility the number one and the radar one..
summation of a terms and b terms being equal to ab terms(something likethat) as being discussed it is xy/x+y-1
area of eq triangle 15*sqrt3

values os sin2x --11/16
x raised to a + y raised to b something likethat was asked to find in terms of x

43 raised to 2 answer 8 and 8
one answer was 962
circum radius 6.5
limits rationalise num and den will get answer in sqrt2 terms
integration pi/4
log(n(10-n)/16) answer infinitely many
a^2 tanx + b^2 cot x answer is 2ab

area of trianle 5000sqrt 5
boats wala 1/4
possible values of a for common roots answer i guess is 2 and 4
sum of real roots of some eqn in t shud be 1-cube root 2
no of digits for printing some book dont remember the ans
one more question was on the (x-3)^7 whats the answer .. wrote no global max and min at x=3..

the doubtful ones for me are

the inventory one .. guess it is none of these though i market it on day 2 and 4
i am sure its not on the last day and one each day optiona but if u send it in the first and then the last day i think that wud be the least .. unfortunately i marked the wrong un
also f(694)+f(695) guess marked the option with i as answer.. is that rightr
also one on the conjugates of complex numbers think got this one wrong too
and one on the diff anf stuff of mod logx

some questions that i left

the cells wala squares and stuff
palindromes one
wheels and axles i think there is a trick here since it says after the rpoduction is optimised.
one on orthiginal matrices no idea at all.
one on the spheres....

dont remember the other 3

ciao

I gave the ATM at IIMB campus.. was not at all surprised to see the paper quite unlike CAT... i rate it as of moderate difficulty something between CAT and XAT...
there were 60 students at bangalore for the ATM. i attempted around 25-26 questions though made some guesses as well.. hopefully, the negative marking is not too heavy..

just thought would help ease ur stress level which is common during these times. last yr PGDCM had 212 candidates sitting for the exam and finally IIMC came out with a confirmed list of final admissions to PGDCM of about 150. this is mainly due to high overlaps with pgdm and pgp of A and B.

so my suggestion is don't worry too much if u have got a ATM call. this is the most favourable ratio u can ever have in any admission of such a program.

Darkness Says
Not sure with this answer. Can you justify how infinitely many values of n will make the logarithm positive. As far as I remember, n was given as an integer.

i also second u.....AFAIR ans was cumin out to be n8 bt only n=1 and 9 satisfy it as for others the func becums -ve or 0 and log for -ve no.s and 0 is not defined....correct me if m wrong plz....
Good attempts bkmiictian :)

Some corrections :
Truck and Storage : ...

thanz. :)but it all depends on da accuracy. i hv already found 4-5 wrong. bur doesnt matter after the gd.:(
just made a consolidated list of 31/33 ques frm da posts above, but it didnt get posted, had been logged out.
cant bother to do it again.

regardin the truck and storage, these were the numbers:
something(doesnt matter, its a dont care)

50 Rs per cu ft per day storage charge.
1000 Rs for a truck wid capacity 50 cu ft. (While discussin da paper outside someone said that the above numbers viz. 16,5, etc were in 1000s and so we need to make multiple rounds of trucks everyday. But someone else mentioned that the truck capacity was also in 1000s)
assuming both are on the same scale (1000s or no 1000s), first day the cost of truck will be more than storage. same for the third day. so a truck on 2nd and 4th day.
however if the assumption is wrong and if both were on different scales, then obviously we need the trucks on a daily basis.

totally agree wid 57/ece/2001. the ans is 2 acc 2 me too.
57/ECE/2001 Says
i also second u.....AFAIR ans was cumin out to be n8 bt only n=1 and 9 satisfy it as for others the func becums -ve or 0 and log for -ve no.s and 0 is not defined....correct me if m wrong plz....

u are right i missed one condition there ..the value has to be positive. aaaaa silly mistakes yet again.. guys me confident abt 20 quesions being right in 25 attempts bcos most of them are confirmed by others thnk missed 3 already the log one ,the inventory one( me marked 2nd and 4th days) and the f(694)+f(695) i think i marked it to be 1(option 3).dont remember the answers to the other two

the cont and diff of logx and the complex umbers one assuming both to be wrong and the inventory one wrong too ill be getting 20 right. will that be ok bcos i see ppl attemting as high as 29-30 qtsts and now i hate to say that math is my strenth:(
thanz. :)but it all depends on da accuracy. i hv already found 4-5 wrong. bur doesnt matter after the gd.:(
just made a consolidated list of 31/33 ques frm da posts above, but it didnt get posted, had been logged out.
cant bother to do it again.

regardin the truck and storage, these were the numbers:
something(doesnt matter, its a dont care)

50 Rs per cu ft per day storage charge.
1000 Rs for a truck wid capacity 50 cu ft. (While discussin da paper outside someone said that the above numbers viz. 16,5, etc were in 1000s and so we need to make multiple rounds of trucks everyday. But someone else mentioned that the truck capacity was also in 1000s)
assuming both are on the same scale (1000s or no 1000s), first day the cost of truck will be more than storage. same for the third day. so a truck on 2nd and 4th day.
however if the assumption is wrong and if both were on different scales, then obviously we need the trucks on a daily basis.

totally agree wid 57/ece/2001. the ans is 2 acc 2 me too.

i too marked the same one bu i guess there is one more option none of these. guess that is the answer. il give the exp let me know if i mised anything.
the stuff that come in each day is 16,5,12,9 (dont care as u said)
if u send it on 2nd and 4th day(by the way the units are the same) the cost wud be

16*50(for stroing on day 1) + 1000(transporting on 2nd day) + 12 *50(store on 3rd day) + 1000(transporting on 4th day). it comes out to be 3400.

if u do it on day 1 and 4.
it come out to be 1000 + 50*5*2(store it for 2 days ) + 12*50(store 12 units for 1 day)+1000.it is 3100.

so it shud be none of these.i too maked the 2nd ad 4t day option.:(

ciao