How to use the new PaGaLGuY thread

Hello folks, If you haven't figured out a feature yet or have questions on how to use the new PG, please post there. We'll answer asap and fix stuff as we go along. Since the launch has just happened a few hours ago, we expect to fixi...

Hello folks,

If you haven't figured out a feature yet or have questions on how to use the new PG, please post there.

We'll answer asap and fix stuff as we go along. Since the launch has just happened a few hours ago, we expect to fixing stuff over the next couple of weeks. Just keep track of the thread for updates :)

Bumping this up for new users

Hiii,

In the older avatar we could search within a thread as well. Can we do the same here too....that is, a thread specific search ????

Where can I see the list of threads I am following???

@nishant_88 said: Where can I see the list of threads I am following???
Goto: http://www.pagalguy.com/forums , you'll see (All) (Stick) and (Following)

@Infocurean said: Hiii, In the older avatar we could search within a thread as well. Can we do the same here too....that is, a thread specific search ????

Not yet, our old search engine was a royal mess. It will take us a couple of months to rebuild a much better and accurate search engine

Can threads in NEW PG not have polls anymore?

@thegodfather321 said: Can threads in NEW PG not have polls anymore?
This is pending some internal discussion. Not in the short-run though. I'm seeing if we can find a way to integrate any external poll site options. Any sites you guys use that allow you to do easy polls?

Where are all the old smileys?

@rsssudheera said: Where are all the old smileys?
These are the new smilies. Had to be modified to manage line heights within your live feed

I asked where are all the old smileys.... manage line heights?? what is that?

college badge?

@rsssudheera said: I asked where are all the old smileys.... manage line heights?? what is that?
line heights are something, that put all the characters in a sentence in the same line. :P
@diablorulez said: college badge?
what about it?
@sonnes said: line heights are something, that put all the characters in a sentence in the same line.
😃 Thanks. So to maintain line heights smileys are comprimised.....
Move on PG.... I feel like a old man who always says past is always good..... Hmmm..... btw new pg is good too.....

R we not allowed edit our old posts anymore? i tried to edit my post in the mock scores thread but i cant find the option anywhere. also, most of the content of a post of mine seems to have vanished. is that possible?

@thegodfather321 said: R we not allowed edit our old posts anymore? i tried to edit my post in the mock scores thread but i cant find the option anywhere. also, most of the content of a post of mine seems to have vanished. is that possible?
You are. Hover over the post, see the minus button on the right and you should be able to edit. There should be no reason for a content to vanish. However just log a bug report with the exact post URL and we'll check it out

a few more things. earlier, the threads used to segregated into groups like 'cat and related discussion', 'other exams' etc. do those groups still exist?

also, i see a lot of empty space on both sides of my screen which is lying unused and the PG window occupies limited space in the middle. earlier, PG used to occupy the whole screen and that made things a lot more clearer. u think something can be done about that?
@thegodfather321 said: a few more things. earlier, the threads used to segregated into groups like 'cat and related discussion', 'other exams' etc. do those groups still exist? also, i see a lot of empty space on both sides of my screen which is lying unused and the PG window occupies limited space in the middle. earlier, PG used to occupy the whole screen and that made things a lot more clearer. u think something can be done about that?
Yep, browse up. Click on Exam Based and you'll see the sections. Give us a couple of weeks to sort out the niggles. There should be other content on the right hand side so that the content area isn't left alone in the middle.