How to make it to a B-School (India and abroad)

I am a MBA aspirant and a present s/w engg with 3 yrs of exp. Recently got this bug of doin MBA. I have a very little knowledge of what should be done in this respect. To secure an admission one should have the following things, 1) Good Gmat/cat…

I am a MBA aspirant and a present s/w engg with 3 yrs of exp. Recently got this bug of doin MBA. I have a very little knowledge of what should be done in this respect. To secure an admission one should have the following things,
1) Good Gmat/cat score:
2) Good number of extra curricular activities
3) Neat job experience including management activities.
4) Financial Aid
5) Good reason to do an MBA
I have the following queries in these aspects,
1) Good Gmat/cat score: I am reasonably got at math so I know how to work out on LR, quants & DI. On the other hand I have meager skills in English. I don't know how to improve my skills in English to such an extent that I can score in this respect for CAT and GMAT. I am not very busy with my job and ready to put one yr of hardwork for this. I started reading news papers and Novels but I want my preparation to be more oriented towards clearing these competitive exams. Please give me any suggestions regarding coaching and how to start with these things.
2) Good number of extra curricular activities: I lack very much in this one aspect. The only extra curricular activity that I can show is that I used to teach at my uncle's school at a village on weekends and conducted various programs there to improve the quality of education the for last 3 yrs. So please tell me how to cover up this one thing. Shall I start any thing this year.
3) Neat job experience including management activities: I am a software engineer. I have good experience of working in teams but the work is completely technical. I was very good and got good appreciation from my manager and client. Is that suffice?
4) Financial Aid: I can invest up to 5 lacs in Indian or foreign school and they rest, am expecting to get as aid. Can u help me with getting univesities, which I can target to. Hoping I would get a good GMAT scor.
5) Good reason to do an MBA: At present the only reason I could think of, for doing an MBA is to get better career opportunities. Please guide me in this respect.

Also please add any additional suggestions that I might have missed