How to improve my profile for applying in MBA colleges abroad

Hi All, I am a new entrant to the pagalguy community and this is my first post so hope to seek some help/advice from some extremely experienced and talented people like you all. I am an IT professional with below profile: Acads: Good th…

Hi All,
I am a new entrant to the pagalguy community and this is my first post so hope to seek some help/advice from some extremely experienced and talented people like you all.
I am an IT professional with below profile:

Acads: Good throughout. Engineering with distinction and couple of awards.
Total IT experience: 3.5 years in software testing
Onsite experience: 1.5 years as an on-site co-ordinator. Got team lead responsibilty within 1.5 years of my career and have been doing that for around 2 years. Have recently moved to a more techincal role (personal choice to explore more).
Extra activites: Played cricket in my organization, Active lead in organizing annual functions for my previous organization (1200 people or so).

I am seeking to apply for MBA in colleges abroad (1 year course) somewhere in 2012 year end after I have around 6 years of work experience.

Between this period of 2.5 years I am planning to complete my MS in software engineering from BITS, Pilani which is scheduled to start somewhere in Nov-2010. Once MS is completed around Jan-2010 I can immediately apply for MBA.

That's how my plan and future looks like till 2012 (apologies if I have confused you ).
So as to stick by this plan I have few doubts which I am hoping that able people like you would be happy to answer. I am listing those below:

a) Do you think my plan of giving GMAT in 2010 and applying for admissions in 2012 is good for my career? (I am doing this because I might not get time to study for GMAT during my MS and once I complete my MS I immdeiately want to move to MBA so I want to fully utilize the 6 months before I enroll in MS by giving GMAT)

b) Could you suggest things that I should take up in these 2 years which would make my candidature strong? (Currently I am thinking of NTU and NUS Singapore, AIM Manila, IIM's PGPX and ISB)

c) At the time of applying for MBA my profile would be something like B.E/M.S/6 yrx exp/Onsite exposure/team lead so I really want to continue in IT and not loose the exposure I gained here by switching domains. What would be the best program or filed in which I should do an MBA.

I have been exploring many previous threads over the last 2 weeks or so but unfortunately there was nothing which would tailor fit in my problem hence would be great if alumni's, students or working professionals like you all provide your expert advice. Any additional suggestions apart from my questions are also welcome.

Cheers!!!
Shreyans

No responses yet :-(.. I am sure there are lot of people out here who have some answers.. would appreciate your help...