How to give AIMCAT at home by tweaking the URL

Hey Puys…!! Morning! This thread is to let you know the ways of giving AIMCATs at home only by making invigilated tests non-invigilated. :: So here is the step wise procedure: 1. Start your test. Reach the screen where …

Hey Puys...!!

Morning!

This thread is to let you know the ways of giving AIMCATs at home only by making invigilated tests non-invigilated.

So here is the step wise procedure:

1. Start your test. Reach the screen where it asks for a pass code.
2. Enter a random passcode (eg - NONE). Submit
3. The same test screen appears again but if u notice now, the URL has changed a little.
4. The trick now lies in the bold part highlighted above. Check for the phrase "invigilated=true" or "invigilated&true;" in the url. It is towards the end. just change "true" to "false". Enter.

Your test screen will open up again but this time without asking for passcode as you have converted it into a non-invigilated test.

P.S. This is not a full proof way, may change with the way TIME changes the URL for invigilated and non-invigilated tests.

P.P.S - it is NOT ADVISED to use this method if you can help it at all. This is generally for the people who have to travel long for test centers or who are out of their test centers.

Guys,

Ek badaaa wala sorry hai for being late in posting this. Actually was trying to get in touch with the admins to know if such kinda info sharing is allowed or not. But didnt get any replies yet.

Sharing it for now. Lets see....

Just promise me that all of you will come to my rescue in case i am sued by TIME 😉

Hey Puys...!!

Morning!

This thread is to let you know the ways of giving AIMCATs at home only by making invigilated tests non-invigilated.

3. The same test screen appears again but if u notice now, the URL has changed a little.
4. The trick now lies in the bold part highlighted above. Check for the phrase "invigilated=true" or "invigilated&true;" in the url. It is towards the end. just change "true" to "false". Enter.

Your test screen will open up again but this time without asking for passcode as you have converted it into a non-invigilated test.

P.S. This is not a full proof way, may change with the way TIME changes the URL for invigilated and non-invigilated tests.

P.P.S - it is NOT ADVISED to use this method if you can help it at all. This is generally for the people who have to travel long for test centers or who are out of their test centers.

aakhirkar bhagwan ne hamari sun li. i mean, mishra bhai ne hamari sun li.

thanx a lot for the tip brother.
Hey Puys...!!

Morning!

I would suggest to take note of the bold part above.. People who can go to invigilated tests, MUST go for it as it will give a lot of benefits..
All the best for the coming season..
Hey Puys...!!

Morning!

I used to follow the technique last year, save d me lotsa petrol expenses.. but this the time the amazon web services on which the tests are hosted have become smart..
i have no invigilated string in my test url query string.. the url is encoded like this
Best Coaching for Online CAT-2011, IIM MBA entrance, IIT-JEE, GRE & GMAT

While the above tweak may be used by people with commute problems, I personally feel that there is no better substitute to going to the center to give tests - I just gave non-invigilated 1215 and i could feel the difference - hawkers screaming below my house, pigeons oorhhing away to glory, friends desperately calling to 'get in touch' - it all added to the disaster and debacle that 1215 was (apart from sheer lack of knowledge that I currently have)!

We will have to go to an examination center on one day after all .. there is no tweaking that fact!

Guys please dont do this even if you have to travel long distance, travel the distance any way....
My last aimcat was ruined by the center problems check here

Do this only if you have a stinky office/boss/team lead which/who stands between the way of you and AIMCAT....

i used to write it from home last year
Check for yourself wat happened to me in CAT last time here
If i went to the test center last year for AIMCATs i would have realised this problem one time or another and be prepared in anticipation....

My point is don't let your personal limitations like lazyness stop you from going to test centers. You will regret it for atleast one year if you do so-Like me...

Exactly... Please avoid it. PLease please...

Else I will get the feeling of being the one who ruined ur tests :)

This was posted mainly for people -
1. who have no other option but saturday and sunday to take care of EVERYTHING in this world (including gf... and gf take priority over CAT 😉 ).

2. Who cant make it to centres for EVERY test.

3. Who are travelling abroad (as one of the Puys msged me)

For all others... there is no better place to give a test than the test center itself.
I gave a test at home and guess what... had to go and open the doors... had the facility of lying down for VA questions...

please AVOID...!!

I used to follow the technique last year, save d me lotsa petrol expenses.. but this the time the amazon web services on which the tests are hosted have become smart..
i have no invigilated string in my test url query string.. the url is encoded like this
Best Coaching for Online CAT-2011, IIM MBA entrance, IIT-JEE, GRE & GMAT

hey mate...
when u enter the wrong access code for the first time, the URL changes to the one that used to come last year. so you will have the invigilated string in your url now :)

guess amazon people are not as smart as we are
@ RmishraHyd
You're a life saver mate!!
One more reason to do it at home : when you're posted at remote locations where there are no centres...

thanks for it man!!!

are u sure dude.. i just finished with 1215.. im gonna try it in 1214? are u sure?

ultimateone Says
are u sure dude.. i just finished with 1215.. im gonna try it in 1214? are u sure?

Dude.. just said dont try if u can help it...
still if u are giving it a try, it should be worth a risk.

Wont it b better to ask ur time mentor to ask 4 d passcode stating d reason(genuine of course)

Thanks for the tip RmishraHyd

Here is another useful url trick.
TIME takes ages to upload question papers and solutions of the mocks they conduct.
In my homepage, i sometimes dont see the links of some tests at all.

However you can easily obtain the papers from their db.

For example, to get the qp for aimcat 1215,
after logging in to your TIME homepage, copypaste
http://www.time4education.com/OnlineInvigilated/printwindow.asp?tno=1215
and press enter ;)
Similarly solution sheet can be obtained using the url
http://www.time4education.com/OnlineInvigilated/printwindow-sol.asp?tno=1215

Ok clearly .. amazon does not have a good QA partner .. !

Its not Amazon's fault...they are just a services provider....its upto Time guys how they are coding their systems.....u will not such faults at Amazon site....

Thanks for dat...

Although I am in talks with the TIME Ahmedabad director to allow me to have Invigilated tests on my own as i am going to have job at a remote location after some days...

Maybe I cud try this if he doesnt cares much...

Thanks for the tip RmishraHyd

Here is another useful url trick.
TIME takes ages to upload question papers and solutions of the mocks they conduct.
In my homepage, i sometimes dont see the links of some tests at all.

However you can easily obtain the papers from their db.

For example, to get the qp for aimcat 1215,
after logging in to your TIME homepage, copypaste
http://www.time4education.com/OnlineInvigilated/printwindow.asp?tno=1215
and press enter ;)
Similarly solution sheet can be obtained using the url
http://www.time4education.com/OnlineInvigilated/printwindow-sol.asp?tno=1215

This is pretty useful....
Exactly... Please avoid it. PLease please...

Else I will get the feeling of being the one who ruined ur tests :)

This was posted mainly for people -
1. who have no other option but saturday and sunday to take care of EVERYTHING in this world (including gf... and gf take priority over CAT 😉 ).

2. Who cant make it to centres for EVERY test.

3. Who are travelling abroad (as one of the Puys msged me)

For all others... there is no better place to give a test than the test center itself.
I gave a test at home and guess what... had to go and open the doors... had the facility of lying down for VA questions...

please AVOID...!!

super like dude...wat a way...dat will save a lot of time...but puys..pls DO NOT follow dis unless there is no oder way out....btw gf waala point was really true